Scholarship Program Assists Severely Injured U.S. Military..

Information on Loans, Scholarships, Grants, etc.

Scholarship Program Assists Severely Injured U.S. Military..

Postby Gus Sainz » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:55 pm

"American Sentinel University, an accredited distance learning university, is offering seven scholarships to U.S. military personnel who are severely injured, as well as their spouses. The program is offered in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Defense initiative DANTES: Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support. The scholarships will be awarded throughout the year, with the first deadline being May 15. Scholarships will cover 50 percent of a student’s tuition, books and materials for the chosen degree or certification program. The scholarship will be applied to the total program tuition."

"Scholarship forms are posted at http://www.americansentinel.edu/Adm-Military-Scholarship.php

For additional information on the military scholarship program, including eligibility definitions, please contact Natalie Nixon at 1-800-729-2427."

Scholarship Program Assists Severely Injured U.S. Military Personnel
American Sentinel University offers seven scholarships through Department of Defense Educational Initiative.
Gus Sainz
DegreeDiscussion.com
Gus Sainz
Administrator

Postby Jigamafloo » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:53 am

I'll be the first to admit that I've been damned lucky to come out unscathed from deployments and temporary duties to hotspots, but I've also seen first hand the devastating injuries that they inflict on the front-liners (Army and Marines). I wish more universities would offer programs along this line.

Think what you like about the war and the current administration, but whether your judgment is fact or folly, these guys paid the price for that decision either way. It speaks well for a DETC institution to offer this, and I’d like to see more RA institutions step up as well.

Dave
Dave
Jigamafloo

Postby SteveFoerster » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:22 pm

Jigamafloo wrote:Think what you like about the war and the current administration, but whether your judgment is fact or folly, these guys paid the price for that decision either way. It speaks well for a DETC institution to offer this, and I’d like to see more RA institutions step up as well.

Folly, but I heartily agree.

-=Steve0=-
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Return to Money Matters