Financial Aid

Information on Loans, Scholarships, Grants, etc.

Financial Aid

Postby Brandon » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:23 pm

I am just wondering if anyone here knows about financial aid sources for DL courses and programs. I've noticed that most of the totally DL schools I've looked at seem to not be eligible for federal and state aid. In particular, the Catholic Distance University has some courses I am interested in taking, but they don't seem to qualify for federal aid. Thanks.
Brandon

Postby Rich Douglas » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:40 pm

The law is changing regarding DL. Stay tuned. Many previously ineligible schools may decide to apply and participate.

Check with the school you're interested in. They'll know what forms of financial aid--governmental and otherwise--are available, and may have a line on specialized sources related to the school and/or degree.

Consider non-federal student loans. While neither the balances nor the interest are deferred, typically, they can garner you up-front cash to pay for school.

I'm sure there are many ideas others will share. Too bad Finding Money for College by John and Mariah Bear is now out of date, but consider checking out a copy at your local library anyway. It may trigger some ideas.
Rich Douglas

Return to Money Matters