Federal Employee Scholarships

Information on Loans, Scholarships, Grants, etc.

Federal Employee Scholarships

Postby kevin » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:04 pm

kevin

PMI Project management Scholarships

Postby kevin » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:06 pm

kevin

Postby Jigamafloo » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:50 pm

You beat me to it, Kevin. PMI doesn't seem to differentiate between DL and B&M students when considering scholarship applications.

As an additional input, check with local PMI chapters as well as the main organization; last yeat the San Antonio PMI chapter awarded me a scholarship based on "Degree applicability and potential to contribute to the project management career field". Most major cities have chapters, and a lot of these potential scholarships don't have as many applicants as you may think, so it never hurts to apply. :)
Dave
Jigamafloo

Postby Jigamafloo » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:52 pm

Though apparently they didn't award it on my spelling ability; "yeat=year". Sheesh.
Dave
Jigamafloo

Postby kevin » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:24 pm

Dave,

I think that you received an award from these guys is great. One of my additional duties is as PM training facilitator for my agency in the southern region. We have an agreement with George Washington University which helps folks receive non academic certificates (I hate these because they have "Master" in the title) and an allowance for some academic credit towards the GW PM degree.

I think the field is great and allows for someone with a mixed bag of skills to be very well compensated.

Hope your day is going well.
kevin

Postby Jigamafloo » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:11 am

Kevin;

This could be an alternative for you. My boss is setting up training through these channels, similar arrangement (PM training, PMP coaching, option of transcripting for Graduate credit through Avila University). Enjoy.

Dave

http://www.4pm.com/classes/index.htm
Dave
Jigamafloo

Return to Money Matters