Why Essay writing reviews should be checked before ordering?

Discussion and reviews of books and other items of interest to our members.

Re: Why Essay writing reviews should be checked before order

Postby John Bear » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:10 pm

Isn't "legitimate essay-writing service" an oxymoron?
John Bear

Postby Rich Douglas » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:46 pm

My, um, recent experience has shown there are two legitimate forms of service, neither of which do the actual writing. Proofreading, which checks for mistakes, and "heavy proofreading," which gets involved with the construction of the prose. But neither will actually write an essay.

Beyond that, I feel, we are in Oxymoronland.
Rich Douglas

Postby Rich Douglas » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:16 pm

Okay. First-time poster providing a link to a service that writes your essays for you. Very dirty.
Rich Douglas

Postby SteveFoerster » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:26 pm

Such is life in the no man's land of an unmoderated forum....
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Postby Rich Douglas » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:21 pm

samuelarnold wrote:In the essay writing services industry, there are two words which are often mentioned in the same breath but a close look at either reveals that they do not mean exactly the same thing. One is essay writing service and the other is custom essay writing service. While students seeking essay writing services in the industry do not distinguish these two phrases, it has been noted over time that they hold substantially different meanings. Last week i have planned to buy term papers online due to my lack of writing skills. To begin with, an essay writing service is just any company in the essay writing industry that offers its clientele essay completion services without any special feature, addition, enhancement or no guarantee as to its originality and completeness.

I can think of two words also: academic fraud.

There are two legitimate forms of service available to help you: proofreading and editing. Both work on your already-developed writing. Proofreading checks for errors in spelling, syntax, usage, citations, etc. Editing is more substantive, and can include suggestions on how you've organized things, their flow, how you've constructed your argument, support, what's missing, and so on. But again, both are done on the paper you've already written.

If someone else does the writing, even if it is on your ideas, you're cheating. Your warning about being cheated by cheaters who are promising to help you cheat isn't making the right distinction. You shouldn't be purchasing that kind of service to begin with.
Rich Douglas

Return to Books & Reviews