YoodleNoodle advertising of my book!

Discussion and reviews of books and other items of interest to our members.

YoodleNoodle advertising of my book!

Postby g-gollin » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:43 pm

I am proofreading the ready-to-send-to-agents draft of my book about the St.Regis diploma mill. I am amused to see that the Gorkomatics at the LotsaYelling forum are actually advertising it for me, even before I have a publisher.

When it comes out they will have fun trying to crack the secret codes hidden in the text, I am sure.
g-gollin

Re: YoodleNoodle advertising of my book!

Postby John Bear » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:07 pm

First time I'd seen this. When I noted that there is a chapter, or section, called "Ezell, Bear, and Gossett" I found myself remembering Gossett, a skilled and helpful degree mill researcher, who subsequently (as I recall) went to prison in a matter related to stolen computers or appliances.

So I did a search for "Gossett" + "prison" and, rather tantalizingly (but probably irrelevantly) found this:

D.B. Cooper Photos
Galen Cook has provided photos and additional info about his D.B. Cooper suspect, Bill Gossett. The complete gallery of D.B. Cooper materials discussed by Cook on previous C2C programs can be found here and video of the suspect is featured here.
John Bear

Postby g-gollin » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:19 pm

Remember Leonard van der Walt? He posted a history of SRU in the DI thread "A St. Regis Valupack: Buy in Bulk" in this post.
1984: SRU is chartered as a small bricks and mortar non-degree awarding technical school in LIberia. One of its graduates at this period is the present Commissioner on Higher Education in Liberia, Dr Lawrence Bestman.

1990's: The bricks and mortar school operation becomes uneconomic and the school closes. It continues existence as a paper corporation.

1998: A consortium which is to become the NBOE, headed by Dr Richadr Hoyer acquires the corporation, together with Robertstown, which has a similar history , and begins application for Liberian accreditation (to award degrees) and preparation for a switch to a totally online operation.

Late 2001: The online operation is trialled with a temporary license from Dominica to award degrees. At this stage, there is no certainty that Liberian accreditation will be granted. Accreditation is also obtained as a branch campus of IUFS, Russia in 2002.

August 2002: Liberian accreditation is granted. SRU ceases operations in Dominica and abandons IUFS link. It re-establishes an office and personnel in Liberia, whilst continuing to base some operations elsewhere, notably in the US and Pakistan.

Late 2002: Dr Hoyer resigns from SRU to pursue other interests. SRU management restructures and abandons many of the links forged in the Hoyer era, including associations with dubious *accrediting agencies*.

There appears to be some confusion over at the "Advertise George's Book" website between Mr. van der Walt and me. Curious.
g-gollin

Postby g-gollin » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:34 pm

Some years ago, the dimwitted "Tobor" gave me login access to the St. Regis alumni forum. I managed to get the DuckPersons there to engage in an extended discussion about neutrinos. It was entertaining. The current crop of YoodleNoodles is talking about snakes. That's pretty funny, too.
g-gollin

Postby g-gollin » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:52 pm

John Bear wrote:First time I'd seen this. When I noted that there is a chapter, or section, called "Ezell, Bear, and Gossett" I found myself remembering Gossett, a skilled and helpful degree mill researcher, who subsequently (as I recall) went to prison in a matter related to stolen computers or appliances.

So I did a search for "Gossett" + "prison" and, rather tantalizingly (but probably irrelevantly) found this:

D.B. Cooper Photos
Galen Cook has provided photos and additional info about his D.B. Cooper suspect, Bill Gossett. The complete gallery of D.B. Cooper materials discussed by Cook on previous C2C programs can be found here and video of the suspect is featured here.

Different Gossett, died in 2003. See the Wikipedia article on DB Cooper.
g-gollin

Postby nosborne48 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:38 pm

Neutrinos? So nu? DO they fly faster than light? And since thy are all exactly alike, how can you tell that THIS neutrino which arrived just now is the same neutrino that left Strasbourg a millionth of a second ago?
Una cosa mala nunca muere.
nosborne48

Return to Books & Reviews