The Travels of Lao Can

Discussion and reviews of books and other items of interest to our members.

The Travels of Lao Can

Postby Abner » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:19 am

This has alwyas been one of my favorire books written by Liu E. Here is a the description from the inside book cover:

The Travels of Lao Can was written by Liu E, a brilliant intellectual bor into a scholary family at the end of the Qing Dynasty. By describing what Lao Can sees and hears on his travels, the author fiercely attacked the injustices he witnessed and exposed the so-called "honest and upright officials" as hypocrites who tried to rise to power at the expense of the ope.

Truly a great book. I highly recommend it.

Abner
Abner

Re: The Travels of Lao Can

Postby Abner » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:21 am

Abner wrote:This has alwyas been one of my favorire books written by Liu E. Here is a the description from the inside book cover:

The Travels of Lao Can was written by Liu E, a brilliant intellectual bor into a scholary family at the end of the Qing Dynasty. By describing what Lao Can sees and hears on his travels, the author fiercely attacked the injustices he witnessed and exposed the so-called "honest and upright officials" as hypocrites who tried to rise to power at the expense of the ope.

Truly a great book. I highly recommend it.

Abner

My eyes are bleary. The bolded parts of the above quote should have been born and people.

Abner
Abner

Return to Books & Reviews