The Plague Dogs

Discussion and reviews of books and other items of interest to our members.

The Plague Dogs

Postby Abner » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:39 pm

I don't know why, but I glanced over at my library of books, and choose to recommend this book.

I first read it when I was browsing around at a thrift store as a child. One could buy great books for almost nothing. And believe me, I did! I read "The Plauge Dogs", and it moved me beyond words. I could not believe the insolence of man!

I hope you enjoy this book, and I would appreciate your comments,

Respectfully,

Abner
Abner

Re: The Plague Dogs

Postby Abner » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:43 pm

Abner wrote:I don't know why, but I glanced over at my library of books, and choose to recommend this book.

I first read it when I was browsing around at a thrift store as a child. One could buy great books for almost nothing. And believe me, I did! I read "The Plauge Dogs", and it moved me beyond words. I could not believe the insolence of man!

I hope you enjoy this book, and I would appreciate your comments,

Respectfully,

Abner

Oops! The author is Adam Richards. The ISBN # is 0-449-21182-7

Good day!

Abner
Abner

Postby SteveFoerster » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:52 pm

The book as listed on Amazon

I have to say Abner, it sounds kind of depressing!

-=Steve=-
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Postby Abner » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:04 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:The book as listed on Amazon

I have to say Abner, it sounds kind of depressing!

-=Steve=-

Quite true. It is depressing. However, I believe it is a good read. Why? Because it gives man perhaps a brief glimpse into the "animals" go through. I find this quite ironic, since I belive the true definition of man is a human primate! But I do not wish to argue this point.

Suffice it to say, is it depressing, yes! Is it eye opening, I hope so!

Abner

thank you for your comments.
Abner

Postby Jack » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:42 am

Abner wrote:Oops! The author is Adam Richards. The ISBN # is 0-449-21182-7
Good day!

Hi Abner - sorry to pick nits but, for the sake of others, the author is Richard Adams (who also wrote Watership Downs). In any case, did you know that it was made into a movie?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084509/
Jack

Postby Abner » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:59 am

Jack wrote:
Abner wrote:Oops! The author is Adam Richards. The ISBN # is 0-449-21182-7
Good day!

Hi Abner - sorry to pick nits but, for the sake of others, the author is Richard Adams (who also wrote Watership Downs). In any case, did you know that it was made into a movie?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084509/

Oops! I didn't know it was made into a movie! I will have to check it out! Thanks.

Abner 8)
Abner

Postby Carl_Reginstein » Wed May 02, 2007 4:47 pm

In the words of the immortal Penn Jillette (of Penn & Teller fame) on their expose about PETA:

"I would personally kill EVERY chimp on earth with my bare hands if it would save ONE homeless junkie from dying of AIDS".
Carl_Reginstein

Postby Khan » Wed May 02, 2007 7:48 pm

Carl_Reginstein wrote:In the words of the immortal Penn Jillette (of Penn & Teller fame) on their expose about PETA:

"I would personally kill EVERY chimp on earth with my bare hands if it would save ONE homeless junkie from dying of AIDS".

The amount of medical testing testing we've done on chimps should give them a pass. They've saved more lives than any junkie. Oh yeah, and Penn Jillete is a Nazi.
Khan

Postby Carl_Reginstein » Thu May 03, 2007 2:43 am

Khan wrote:
Carl_Reginstein wrote:In the words of the immortal Penn Jillette (of Penn & Teller fame) on their expose about PETA:

The amount of medical testing testing we've done on chimps should give them a pass. They've saved more lives than any junkie. Oh yeah, and Penn Jillete is a Nazi.

Is he really? I hadn't heard!
Carl_Reginstein

Postby Jack » Sun May 13, 2007 12:05 am

Of course, this begs the question, "Who gives a damn about Penn Jillette and whatever made him think that his opinion counts for more than anyone elses?"
Jack

Postby Carl_Reginstein » Thu May 17, 2007 2:51 pm

Jack wrote:

Of course, this begs the question, "Who gives a damn about Penn Jillette and whatever made him think that his opinion counts for more than anyone elses?"

Well, for one he is really smart. And realistic. And he loves to reveal fraud, idiocy, and stupidity in our culture. Those are pretty good criteria in my book....
Carl_Reginstein

Postby RobbCD » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:15 pm

Carl_Reginstein wrote:
Jack wrote:

Well, for one he is really smart. And realistic. And he loves to reveal fraud, idiocy, and stupidity in our culture. Those are pretty good criteria in my book....

Okay, but his radio show sucks.

Thanks for the heads up on the Adam's book, Abner, I'll check it out. Watership Down is one of the best, most moving books that I've read. I have great hope for this one as well.
RobbCD

Return to Books & Reviews