Kingdom College of Natural Health

Discussions concerning earning credit by CLEP, DANTES, GRE, and other tests.

Kingdom College of Natural Health

Postby clarity » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:09 am

Since the Clayton College closing, Kingdom College has been courting abandoned students. They offer an "Allplex"? exam which takes students w/o an undergraduate degree to a Ph.D. (in 30 days). What is this test? What about Kingdom College?
clarity

Re: Kingdom College of Natural Health

Postby mattchand » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:25 pm

clarity wrote:Since the Clayton College closing, Kingdom College has been courting abandoned students. They offer an "Allplex"? exam which takes students w/o an undergraduate degree to a Ph.D. (in 30 days). What is this test? What about Kingdom College?

"takes students w/o an undergraduate degree to a Ph.D. (in 30 days)"

This sentence makes the answer to your two questions rather obvious:

What is this test? A scam.
What about Kingdom College? Assuming that your description is accurate, very obviously a diploma mill. Avoid 'em like the plague.

Peace.

Matt
mattchand

Postby johann » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:12 pm

I believe this school is located on Guam. Doubt if they're having an Alabama-or-Wyoming-style "purge" there any time soon. Maybe they should!

From its "accreditation" page:

NOTE: Based upon the needs of students, KCNH has chosen not to acquire national or regional accreditation from any group that is reconized by the Department of Education. (emphasis mine - Johann)

Yeah- like they said, it's "unreconized!" That's all I need to know... :(

Johann
johann

Postby clarity » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:26 am

Thanks for the reply - the degree is not for me - trust me. My mouth dropped open and I wish it was not true. The lady with the new Ph.D coming her way is a hairdresser by trade. When I asked, "Don't you need to have a Bachelor's, and then a Masters..." She said that Kingdom accepted her life experiences as credit (and her aerobics certification).

I said but people with Masters degrees cannot get a Ph.D. from a test. She replied that this was not an academic Ph.D., but a "professional" Ph.D. :shock:

This is what bothers me more: She said that the State of California has no governing bodies that regulate Ph.D. consultants. She said that she will be able to practice muscle testing and diagnose people and sell them products (such as vitamins) for various illnesses, including cancer. People pay her money now for these services and her having the Ph.D. on her wall will add credibility to show her clients. But what about their health!!!

Her "professor" from Kingdom sold her this bill of goods. The "professor" has been on the discussion boards on FB selling Kingdom College to the Clayton left-overs. The situation is going from bad to worse.

I have been beside myself with the craziness over this situation. Does anything think that this is wrong besides me?
clarity

Postby nosborne48 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:54 pm

Well...most states define practicing medicine to include offering to treat or cure any disease. Practicing medicine without a license is usually a felony. State authorities take this pretty seriously.
Una cosa mala nunca muere.
nosborne48

Kingdom College of Natural Health Hoyeroyerohyeah

Postby g-gollin » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:04 pm

KCNH used to be one of many stables in which the YoodleNoodles Richard J. Hoyer and Chris Campbell would munch on oats.

See this DD thread:
http://www.degreediscussion.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=439&p=3619
g-gollin

Postby Hungry Ghost » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:40 pm

I believe that Kingdom College of Natural Health used to employ a Wyoming mailbox, until that state strengthened its laws. It dissappeared and resurfaced in a Guam mailbox.

clarity wrote:This is what bothers me more: She said that the State of California has no governing bodies that regulate Ph.D. consultants. She said that she will be able to practice muscle testing and diagnose people and sell them products (such as vitamins) for various illnesses, including cancer.

It's not necessary to have a PhD. Anyone can do it. Your mother can 'prescribe' chicken soup if she wants. Here's the law:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displ ... =2050-2079

California law makes it a crime to practice medicine without a license. But unlicensed quasi-medical "alternative" practitioners can do their thing provided...

2053.5. (a) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a person who complies with the requirements of Section 2053.6 shall not be in violation of Section 2051 or 2052 unless that person does any of the following:
(1) Conducts surgery or any other procedure on another person that punctures the skin or harmfully invades the body.
(2) Administers or prescribes X-ray radiation to another person.
(3) Prescribes or administers legend drugs or controlled substances to another person.
(4) Recommends the discontinuance of legend drugs or controlled substances prescribed by an appropriately licensed practitioner.
(5) Willfully diagnoses and treats a physical or mental condition of any person under circumstances or conditions that cause or create a risk of great bodily harm, serious physical or mental illness, or death.
(6) Sets fractures.
(7) Treats lacerations or abrasions through electrotherapy.
(8) Holds out, states, indicates, advertises, or implies to a client or prospective client that he or she is a physician, a surgeon, or a physician and surgeon.
(b) A person who advertises any services that are not unlawful under Section 2051 or 2052 pursuant to subdivision (a) shall disclose in the advertisement that he or she is not licensed by the state as a healing arts practitioner.

(Notice the vague and extremely-inclusive wording of prohibition #5.)

Subsequent sections require that the disclosure must be in writing, must state that the practitioner isn't a physician, isn't licensed by the state in any capacity, and requires that patients must sign a written acknowledgement. The succeeding sections also state that a patient signing such an acknowledgement does not in any way give up his/her rights to subseqently file suit against the 'alternative' practitioner.
Hungry Ghost

Postby nosborne48 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:07 pm

Just offhand, I'd say that offering to treat cancer with her nostrums would be included under "risk of death or great bodily harm".
nosborne48

Postby rescudoc » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:04 pm

Those of you in question of Kimgdom College of Natural Health, the College is very difficult to go through. If you think it is a BIRD College and you are going to FLY through think again. As a college professor for several years I found it to be very challenging and the material that was covered intense, research requirement intense. Those of you seeking a quality education and wanting to learn natural health this is an excellent college. Accreditation... check your facts when did Harvard become acredited, not so long ago. I should know I'v taken continueing medical education through Harvard and hold two two Degrees one in anatomy and cell biology, for what it's worth, you should not trash a school because your so HUNG up on acceditation, You should be more concerned about the quality of your education. I did my research and found to my surprise this a very good college and offers an excellent education and very resonable tuition. The knowledge I gained was eye opening, being in the field of internal medicine it was amazing to incorporate these concepts and a alternative approuch to be considered in medicine. Kingdom College of Natural Health EXCELLENT SCHOOL....
rescudoc

Postby rescudoc » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:05 pm

Those of you in question of Kimgdom College of Natural Health, the College is very difficult to go through. If you think it is a BIRD College and you are going to FLY through think again. As a college professor for several years I found it to be very challenging and the material that was covered intense, research requirement intense. Those of you seeking a quality education and wanting to learn natural health this is an excellent college. Accreditation... check your facts when did Harvard become acredited, not so long ago. I should know I'v taken continueing medical education through Harvard and hold two two Degrees one in anatomy and cell biology, for what it's worth, you should not trash a school because your so HUNG up on acceditation, You should be more concerned about the quality of your education. I did my research and found to my surprise this a very good college and offers an excellent education and very resonable tuition. The knowledge I gained was eye opening, being in the field of internal medicine it was amazing to incorporate these concepts and a alternative approuch to be considered in medicine. Kingdom College of Natural Health EXCELLENT SCHOOL...
rescudoc

Postby SteveFoerster » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:35 pm

Harvard University has been accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges since 1929, and I expect everything else you said was also bullshit.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Postby Rich Douglas » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:13 pm

C'mon, Steve. The guy already has two posts. Sure, both of them are the same post, but still....

And stop using facts like the one about Harvard. You're only confusing things.

You know, "Kimgdom" College of Natural Health is probably much better than Kingdom College of Natural Health. I'm sure you're just confusing the two.

And stop asking about accreditation; focus on quality. You know, because they're not the same thing or anything.

Just because the guy posts a screed riddled with typos, let's not question his credibility when he states he is a Harvard man and has two degrees.

And just because he (a) bemoans accreditation and (b) the President of the school he touts claims a Ph.D. from a school with fake accreditation shouldn't be over-emphasized.

And don't look too closely at the Academic Dean's credentials; he has a non-academic first professional degree (he's a chiropractic), along with two other fake doctorates.

The Director of Student Affairs has three fake doctorates, but I'm sure he's really good at managing students' affairs.

Oh, and the site lists tons of other faculty members with Ph.D's, even though not a single one cites the source of their degrees or the sources are unaccredited schools.

Move along, nothing to see here....
Rich Douglas

Postby nosborne48 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:20 am

Ah...a genuine mill shill. How delightful. Is it just me or is the breed dying out? :roll:
nosborne48

Postby Tark » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:50 am

Harvard University has been accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges since 1929

And 1929 was the first year that NEASC started accrediting schools, so Harvard has been regionally accredited for the maximum time possible for a school in New England. There were just 24 regionally accredited colleges and universities in New England in 1929. Harvard was one of them.
Tark

Return to Credit by Examination