Free Credits via Excelsior "Beta Exam"

Discussions concerning earning credit by CLEP, DANTES, GRE, and other tests.

Free Credits via Excelsior "Beta Exam"

Postby mattchand » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:11 am

"To prepare for the launch of this new program, UExcel™ is offering qualified students the opportunity to take a FREE beta exam in four different subject areas: Calculus, Physics, Political Science and Psychology. Pass the exam, and we’ll send a transfer credit transcript to the college or university of your choice."

Check here (note that this is a PDF). Looks like a good deal for someone working on AA or BA, although I suppose it may be an open question whether Charter Oak or Thomas Edison (or others apart from Excelsior) would accept these for credit.
mattchand

Re: Free Credits via Excelsior "Beta Exam"

Postby Jonathan Whatley » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:00 pm

Thank you for posting this!
Jonathan Whatley

Postby Jonathan Whatley » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:58 am

Now with credit recommendations from the American Council on Education's ACE CREDIT! So Charter Oak and Thomas Edison and many more would accept them alike. Now added to the above, exams in College Writing and in Statistics. Now with a Facebook group to join! Oh, but no longer in beta, so candidates will have to pay. A very reasonable USD 85 each! And "UExcel exams fees are all-inclusive with no hidden administration costs, such as a 'seat' fee." And Physics is good for 6 sh, and Calculus for 4.
Jonathan Whatley

Postby nosborne48 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:16 pm

This is GREAT! I may try to work in the college physics exam before I commence my final trimester. 8)
Una cosa mala nunca muere.
nosborne48

Postby johann » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:11 pm

Hi

From the Uexcel site, it dawned on me that maybe Canadian residents could write these exams at Pearson VUE Testing Centres in Canada.
Can anybody tell me for sure if this is so? (And yes, I'm aware that acceptance of these exams in Canadian higher-ed circles is a very different matter.)

Johann
johann

Postby Jonathan Whatley » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:20 am

johann wrote:From the Uexcel site, it dawned on me that maybe Canadian residents could write these exams at Pearson VUE Testing Centres in Canada.
Can anybody tell me for sure if this is so? (And yes, I'm aware that acceptance of these exams in Canadian higher-ed circles is a very different matter.)

I did two at a Pearson VUE testing centre near Toronto, with absolutely no problems or issues whatsoever.
Jonathan Whatley

Postby johann » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi

Thanks for the info, Jonathan. - Well worth knowing. :)

Johann
johann

Return to Credit by Examination