GOP plumbs new depths of wacko

Discussions of topics unrelated to education or degrees but still of interest to our members.

Re: GOP plumbs new depths of wacko

Postby Jimmy » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:44 pm

I have chosen until now to stay out of this discussion. However, I wish to state it's time for bigots to shut up. It's time to gave all Americans equal rights under the law, including marriage equality. Now, on the other hand, I do believe homosexuality is a chosen behavior. Research supports me on this. Research supports the opposing view on this. Let's just live and let live, period.
Jimmy
___________________
Rev. James W. Clifton
Pastor, St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church

The Hunger Site
Jimmy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5996
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:11 pm

Re: GOP plumbs new depths of wacko

Postby John Bear » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:51 am

The Reverend Clifton posts on other forums as "Rev. James W. Clifton, PHD, LCSW, LMHC, LMFT". I wonder why he spares us his credentials when offering his [117 adjectives deleted by moderator] views?
John Bear
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2536
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:12 am
Location: California

Re: GOP plumbs new depths of wacko

Postby nosborne48 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:47 am

Whether sexual orientation is a choice, and therefore not really a fit subject for equal protection, or an immutable characteristic is the nub of the issue.

I have zero background to say either way BUT when you consider the number of teenagers who commit suicide because they are ashamed of or bullied for their homosexuality, I have a hard time thinking it's a choice.

The New Mexico Supreme Court recently declared that we can't refuse marriage licenses to same sex couples but it decided sexual orientation deserves only intermediate scrutiny rather than strict scrutiny such as race gets and instead of addressing the immutability issue just cited various instances where the Legislature has demonstrated a policy of non-discrimination.

They don't really KNOW either, I guess.
Una cosa mala nunca muere.
nosborne48
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:42 am

Re: GOP plumbs new depths of wacko

Postby Jimmy » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:19 am

John Bear wrote:The Reverend Clifton posts on other forums as "Rev. James W. Clifton, PHD, LCSW, LMHC, LMFT". I wonder why he spares us his credentials when offering his [117 adjectives deleted by moderator] views?


Not that it matters one iota, but what other fora?
Jimmy
___________________
Rev. James W. Clifton
Pastor, St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church

The Hunger Site
Jimmy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5996
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:11 pm

Re: GOP plumbs new depths of wacko

Postby Jimmy » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:25 am

nosborne48 wrote:Whether sexual orientation is a choice, and therefore not really a fit subject for equal protection, or an immutable characteristic is the nub of the issue.

I have zero background to say either way BUT when you consider the number of teenagers who commit suicide because they are ashamed of or bullied for their homosexuality, I have a hard time thinking it's a choice.

The New Mexico Supreme Court recently declared that we can't refuse marriage licenses to same sex couples but it decided sexual orientation deserves only intermediate scrutiny rather than strict scrutiny such as race gets and instead of addressing the immutability issue just cited various instances where the Legislature has demonstrated a policy of non-discrimination.

They don't really KNOW either, I guess.


Teens are committing suicide for being bullied whether they are gay or not. To be honest, people should simply let others live their lives as they see fit as long as force or initiation are not part of the equation.
Jimmy
___________________
Rev. James W. Clifton
Pastor, St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church

The Hunger Site
Jimmy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5996
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:11 pm

Re: GOP plumbs new depths of wacko

Postby Eric » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:08 am

Jimmy wrote:
Eric wrote:...The whats next? Bestiality? What of a groups people start organize around that life style?


That's a false equivalency. That's animal abuse not behaviors between two consenting adults.


You make a valid point to a degree.
Last edited by Eric on Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

"The best social program is a good job,"
President Ronald Reagan
Eric
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:07 am
Location: UK / USA

Re: Crimea River

Postby Eric » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:16 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Eric wrote:Russia is on the move - this time putting military forces in Ukraine. So while President Obama is unilaterally disarming us across the globe,
Russia is on the move and not holding back. Putin doesn't care what Obama says, as America's interests are being threatened.

Help me out here. What are "America's interests"? I'm trying to figure out what exactly I have so strongly in common with the other 310,000,000 Americans that we're all so threatened by what the Russians do in Crimea.

Also, how are other countries like Venezuela, Iran, Egypt and China going to view America now that they see us retreating? Russia is already negotiating to put bases across the globe including west. Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said Wednesday the military was engaged in talks with Cuba, Venezuela, Nicaragua, Algeria, Cyprus, the Seychelles, Vietnam and Singapore about access to facilities that can be used by its navy and strategic bombers.

So what? The U.S. military has a presence in over a hundred countries around the world. How is it justifiable to praise that yet complain when other countries consider acting similarly?

I say rule because - Our federal government is now using the full weight of itself and the law against us - this is the definition of tyranny. The Bill of Rights is the only thing standing between us and the tyrannical government, and it's constantly under attack from the State. From the increase in surveillance and wiretaps to the increase in regulations, the federal government continues to exceed the boundaries that it is supposed to follow.

That's true, but can't you see that decades of overspending on the military has only made this problem worse?


Why is Russian doing this now, I think because they used the time to get stronger, and feel that US is weaker under this administration.
Wile they are expanding we capitulating, with president who goes and apologizes for US around the world.
Thais how I see it. Now its not the time to cut in our military it sends wrong, wrong message to all the not so friendly "frinds" we have.
Eric

"The best social program is a good job,"
President Ronald Reagan
Eric
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:07 am
Location: UK / USA

Re: Crimea River

Postby SteveFoerster » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:12 pm

Eric wrote:Why is Russian doing this now, I think because they used the time to get stronger, and feel that US is weaker under this administration.
Wile they are expanding we capitulating, with president who goes and apologizes for US around the world.
Thais how I see it. Now its not the time to cut in our military it sends wrong, wrong message to all the not so friendly "frinds" we have.

You didn't really respond to anything I said. But to answer your question, Putin is doing this now because instability in Ukraine has presented a timely opportunity for him to retain control over the region that houses the headquarters of Russia's fleet in the Black Sea. I don't think it has anything to do with the current occupant of the Oval Office, in fact I don't think even John McCain would have been insane enough to challenge Russia militarily over the Crimea.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:41 pm
Location: Northern Virginia & Dominica, West Indies

Re: Crimea River

Postby Jimmy » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:40 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Eric wrote:Why is Russian doing this now, I think because they used the time to get stronger, and feel that US is weaker under this administration.
Wile they are expanding we capitulating, with president who goes and apologizes for US around the world.
Thais how I see it. Now its not the time to cut in our military it sends wrong, wrong message to all the not so friendly "frinds" we have.

You didn't really respond to anything I said. But to answer your question, Putin is doing this now because instability in Ukraine has presented a timely opportunity for him to retain control over the region that houses the headquarters of Russia's fleet in the Black Sea. I don't think it has anything to do with the current occupant of the Oval Office, in fact I don't think even John McCain would have been insane enough to challenge Russia militarily over the Crimea.


Interesting that Sarah Palin was made fun of several year's ago when she stated Russian would eventually invade the Ukraine and that Obama, during one of the 2012 debates, poked fun at Romney for saying Russia was our "biggest geopolitical foe."

The thug Putin has one major objective, to reconstitute the old Soviet Union. I agree with Eric on this one: President Obama is perceived as being weak. However, President Bush hold some culpability as he cozied up to "Vlad the Impaler." This was one of Bush's few blunders while President.
Jimmy
___________________
Rev. James W. Clifton
Pastor, St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church

The Hunger Site
Jimmy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5996
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:11 pm

Re: Eric's Crusade

Postby johann » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:15 pm

levicoff wrote:...Just recruit the hot-looking truckers to the homosexual agenda ... (and much more very funny stuff!) :)

Thanks, Dr. Steve! That post is loaded with the funniest lines I've ever enjoyed on this - or any other - forum.

Johann
johann
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2289
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:12 pm
Location: Canada

Re: GOP plumbs new depths of wacko

Postby Jimmy » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:41 pm

"My whole take on libertarianism is simply that I don't know what's best for other people."--Penn Jillette
Jimmy
___________________
Rev. James W. Clifton
Pastor, St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church

The Hunger Site
Jimmy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5996
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:11 pm

Re: GOP plumbs new depths of wacko

Postby johann » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:22 am

Jimmy wrote:
John Bear wrote:The Reverend Clifton posts on other forums as "Rev. James W. Clifton, PHD, LCSW, LMHC, LMFT". I wonder why he spares us his credentials when offering his [117 adjectives deleted by moderator] views?


Not that it matters one iota, but what other fora?

Since you asked, Jimmy -- and only for that reason, no hidden agenda here, I assure you :) :

AED, - I looked through "Narkive" today - and also the forums at Psychcentral. And maybe (I'm not entirely sure on this one ) "Degreebeard" - the forum that closed when "Sheila Danzes-with-MIGS" acquired the site.

Oh yes - and Puritan-Board-dot-com as well.

Cheers! :)

Johann
johann
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2289
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:12 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Eric's Crusade

Postby Bill Huffman » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:22 am

levicoff wrote:Well, I, for one, am thankful that Eric will “stop discussion [sic] the gay perspective.”

(I have often wondered if English is Eric’s first language. For his sake, I hope it’s not. As I see it, his only redeeming quality is that he, on rare occasion, actually makes a substantive contribution to this forum that addresses distance education.)

Be that as it may, his willingness to leave this topic alone frees me up to pursue the homosexual agenda with renewed fervor.

What, you didn’t know that we have an agenda? Well, we do. And that is to turn the entire world homosexual. It’s our contribution to population control and overcrowding.
...


Thank you for the multiple belly laughs. Although you neglected to mention that once the you make the straight Republican gay and they turn Democratic then they are no longer able to be patriotic. It is sad but true. Eric himself informed me that I can't be patriotic because I am a progressive liberal. Although I wonder if the old racist southern Democrats were allowed to be patriotic after they switched to Republican? So many rules to keep straight, it is very difficult.
Bill Huffman
Senior Member
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:56 am
Location: San Diego

Re: GOP plumbs new depths of wacko

Postby Eric » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:34 pm

Obama delays the parts of ObamaCare you won't like until after election

Another wave of health-care plan cancellation notices was set to crash on voters this fall. But the Obama administration found a way to shut that whole thing down. According to The Hill:

http://theweek.com/article/index/257336 ... r-election

As early as this week, according to two sources, the White House will announce a new directive allowing insurers to continue offering health plans that do not meet ObamaCare's minimum coverage requirements.

Prolonging the "keep your plan" fix will avoid another wave of health policy cancellations otherwise expected this fall.

The cancellations would have created a firestorm for Democratic candidates in the last, crucial weeks before Election Day.

The White House is intent on protecting its allies in the Senate, where Democrats face a battle to keep control of the chamber. [The Hill]

Who knew that the Affordable Care Act could so conveniently conform itself to the changing political aims of the White House? The rule of law seems so much more negotiable now. - - Michael Brendan Dougherty
Eric

"The best social program is a good job,"
President Ronald Reagan
Eric
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:07 am
Location: UK / USA

Re: GOP plumbs new depths of wacko

Postby Jimmy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:46 pm

johann wrote:Since you asked, Jimmy -- and only for that reason, no hidden agenda here, I assure you :) :

AED, - I looked through "Narkive" today - and also the forums at Psychcentral. And maybe (I'm not entirely sure on this one ) "Degreebeard" - the forum that closed when "Sheila Danzes-with-MIGS" acquired the site.

Oh yes - and Puritan-Board-dot-com as well.

Cheers! :)

Johann



I haven't posted on those fora in years.
Jimmy
___________________
Rev. James W. Clifton
Pastor, St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church

The Hunger Site
Jimmy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5996
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:11 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest