Comes now Ashbery U.

Discussions on the value or merit of unaccredited programs and institutions.

Comes now Ashbery U.

Postby johann » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:11 pm

The (degree) mills of Karachi grind exceedingly prolifically, it seems.

Ashbery U. Another Salem Kureshi (Prof. Belford) creation - accredited by another monster hatched for the purpose. I believe Kureshi has over 20 fake schools, and half a dozen fake "accreditors" that he runs from his apartment in Karachi. He is reputed to make $70 million a year from his operation. He has been successfully sued for $22.7 million re: the infamous Belford operation. I somehow doubt there's any way to collect any of that money, or punish Kureshi in any way while he's in Pakistan.

I'm not giving a direct link, but if you want to see this template-school, try dubya.dubya.dubya.ashberyuniversity-dot-com

I believe Mr. Kureshi is about 31 years of age. Doubtless, unless a team of Navy Seals gets orders to intervene, the problems of his bogus schools will be with us for a long time.

Johann
johann

Re: Comes now Ashbery U.

Postby mattchand » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:40 pm

Wow. Their website is actually more impressive-looking than those of some schools which are actually accredited. Ironic, in a way.
mattchand

Postby johann » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:22 pm

Salem Kureshi is said to take in $70 million a year - and I'm guessing the cost of living is not very high in Pakistan. So he can afford the very best in web-design etc. Honest schools often have to make do with the web-talents of volunteers, people who mostly do other work, low-paid beginners etc. :sad:

Yes, it is ironic.

Johann
johann

Postby John Bear » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:48 pm

Soon to play Haight College in the Ganja Bowl.
John Bear

Postby johann » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:40 am

John Bear wrote:Soon to play Haight College in the Ganja Bowl.

Right on, Dr. John! People, get your T-shirts here, before they all go "Up in Smoke." There's a righteous, giant spliff rolled every minute! :D :D :D
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Grateful-Dead-Ha ... 0509538736

Johann
johann

Return to Unaccredited Programs