bible university pakistan

Discussions on the value or merit of unaccredited programs and institutions.

bible university pakistan

Postby nathan » Fri May 18, 2012 1:22 pm

Any body any ideas about this university?
nathan

Re: bible university pakistan

Postby johann » Fri May 18, 2012 9:00 pm

It's (moderately) hard to criticize anything that's free -- although I've been known to.... :)

The "university" is an arm of this place: http://thewgmpak.webs.com/ registered as a charitable org. in Gujranwala.
They say their aim is to give everyone clean water, food, spread the Gospel and give free education, in the hope of creating ministers. There are some names of those who run it -- but that's not the same as University faculty.

That could be a pretty hard go in the Punjab, I'd say. I've only ever met one Pakistani Christian. Didn't know he was, till I saw him eating bacon! Decent sort of guy... Good luck to these folks, if they're as sincere as they hold themselves out to be. Sorry - won't be donating and don't need a free degree. If it had any standing at all, and wasn't religious in nature -- I might think differently. As it is.... :(

Johann
johann

Postby nosborne48 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:03 pm

And drinking. There is ONE brewery legitimately operating in Pakistan. In order to buy beer there, you have to present your ID card showing that you are a Jew or a Christian.

There was a wonderful animated film a few years ago called "Persepolis" about a young girl growing up in Iran after the Revolution. Her (very secular) parents are depicted, at one point, buying bootleg liquor for a party. I met a wonderful young Iranian woman shortly after the film came out. She told me that the one person you NEVER fail to invite to your parties is your favorite Christian because he will bring the booze! 8)
Una cosa mala nunca muere.
nosborne48

Postby johann » Sun May 20, 2012 5:34 pm

Titus wrote:It appears that total abstinence diminishes participation in the party scene. :)

If you want to reduce participation to absolute ZERO, try preaching the idea at a party. You'll only have to do it once! :)

Johann

Abstinent about 7 years, now. Still crazy as it gets - no change at all, but never much of a partier. Preferred to drink alone in a dark corner, muttering...
johann

Postby lukeness » Sun May 27, 2012 8:04 pm

http://bibleuniversity.ca/

Faculty listed seem to link back to this place.
lukeness

Postby johann » Mon May 28, 2012 5:08 pm

Good catch, Lukeness!

Although Missouri-hatched, according to its blurb, this school is now residing in - I think - its THIRD Canadian Province. (I think BC and NB were the others.) Here in Canada, schools-or-whatnots cannot call themselves "Universities" or grant degrees unless they are properly-chartered by a Provincial authority. Religious schools can teach according to their beliefs and award all the certificates and diplomas they want - but NOT academic degrees. A religious school must qualify - just as a secular school must - if it wants to award degrees. We have religious schools of quality that have flourished under this policy.

I complained to British Columbia authorities about this place, when it was operating there. I don't know if that had anything to do with its sudden 3000-mile move to the opposite coast! Maybe I should contact the Prince Edward Island authorities and see what they think! We had a thread on this school once, complete with descriptions of the Ph. D. courses. At that time, the "courses" were each a few pages long - completion of about ten got a person a Doctorate, as I remember.

I think if Jesus were among us, He would be as righteously angry with this "school" as He was at the Temple, when the money-changers opened for business. Any degree they issue is TOTALLY fraudulent. I am not a religious man, but I do choose to believe in God - and I like to believe that He dislikes FRAUDS!

I can't find the old thread right now - 95 pages of possibles. I'll look later...

Johann

P.S. This place rightfully deserves Dr. Steve Levicoff to descend upon it like an avenging eagle!
johann

Postby johann » Mon May 28, 2012 5:26 pm

johann wrote:Good luck to these folks, if they're as sincere as they hold themselves out to be.

I said this about Whole Gospel Ministries, the umbrella-org in Pakistan. It does not apply to Bible University, operating in Canada and conferring degrees contrary to the laws of this country. Doing so indicates - at the very least - a lack of sincerity.

Johann
johann

Postby johann » Mon May 28, 2012 6:05 pm

Still can't find the original thread - but here's one concerning "Bible University's" presence on the BC Unauthorized list and its move to NB. I was right - 3 provinces so far. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7796&p=58968&hilit=+bible+university#p58968

Johann
johann

Postby johann » Mon May 28, 2012 6:28 pm

Nope - STILL can't find the "original" Bible University (Canada) thread, but here's one about it from another forum. I erred today in talking about the "few-lesson" Doctorate. That referred, in fact, to the $49 Bachelor's "degree." The Master's and Doctorate were also $49, but you DID have to submit a 15,000-word "dissertation" for the Doctorate. http://online.degree.net/accredited-una ... -5003.html

My comments regarding the fraudulent nature of these "degrees" - according to Canadian law - still stand.

Johann
johann

Postby johann » Mon May 28, 2012 7:23 pm

An "Ask Yahoo" quote on Mitch King, head honcho of Bible University, Canada. I assert NOTHING re: truthfulness or reliability...

SM recommends "Bible University"...
ROFL!
Another embarrassment. *"Bible University" is run by one "Mitch King, CPS, BBS, MBS, MRS" — a police officer by day, who isn't embarrassed to claim bogus degrees from other diploma mills.

Well - not all bogus, perhaps. I have learned that Mr. King's MRS (Master of Religious Studies) was earned at Nations U. Unaccredited so far (has applied to DETC) but Nations is a "real" school nonetheless - at least as I see it! :)

Here's the URL: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 042AAma7qx

Johann
johann

Re: "The Thrill is Gone" - and so is the post...

Postby johann » Tue May 29, 2012 8:03 pm

Looked all over for that old Bible University thread. Went through miles of stuff at DI, 95 pages here and all through Degree.net. I THINK it may have been on "Degreebeard." :) The forum section was closed when the new owner took over the site, so no back postings available. IIRC, the new site-owner at the former Degree Board was Ms. Sheila Danzig, well-known to old-time degree-forum denizens.

Johann
johann

Postby lukeness » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:32 pm

If I recall the original thread they had some students (who later became faculty members) who managed to complete all their degrees (from B to PhD) in something astonishing like 3 months flat.
lukeness

Postby johann » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:42 pm

lukeness wrote:If I recall the original thread they had some students (who later became faculty members) who managed to complete all their degrees (from B to PhD) in something astonishing like 3 months flat.

Having seen some of the "courses," I've no doubt there are DD members who could do it in 3 weeks - not that I'm suggesting they bother! :)

Johann
johann

Postby andrewsuu » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:35 am

ideas about this university please i want to apply in this
andrewsuu

Return to Unaccredited Programs