Dr Muhammad Schmidt

Discussions on the value or merit of unaccredited programs and institutions.

Re: Dr Muhammad Schmidt

Postby Hungry Ghost » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:50 pm

I have to say that I'm extremely skeptical about IFTS.

Regarding its academics, it's hard to say very much about them since IFTS is almost totally opaque to anyone who isn't personally involved with it.

But my concerns about IFTS are directed more at its ethics.

Even if you want with all of your heart to provide affordable services to the poor, if that's not happening, then it's not happening. Intentions don't automatically translate into results. Neither does pretense.

Knowingly misleading the poor with grand promises about how their programs and degrees are underwritten by 'American federal states law' is exploitation, pure and simple. Preying upon people less fortunate is almost certainly a sin.
Hungry Ghost

Postby Oregon » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:39 pm

simon wrote:What exactly is it that you have in favor of this man, Oregon? This is a forum about unaccredited programs and fake degrees. This man runs one of the former and has held at least 4 of the later. Can you explain why you are defending him?

The man sets up a school largely catering to Africans unserved by the education system. The tuition for a single course at an American university is probably only double the sub-Saharan annual income. Sure, there is the University of South Africa but its resources are limited and tuition steep by African standards. In much of Africa I would suspect that legality to operate is the same as accreditation.
Oregon

Postby simon » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:10 pm

Fine. Go ahead and set up a school in Africa to help the poor. But then don't:

a) claim to be "covered by various US Federal State Licenses to confer academic degrees of a religious/theological and some other closely related nature". Do not claim that "Therefore, all our degrees conferred are vaild and legal according to relevant Federal US States Law." ;
b) award yourself four (4), yes four (4) fake degrees, including 3 Doctorates and one Masters, one of the Doctorates being from your own institution;
c) then proceed to go about shitting all over other peoples' schools like a seagull with diarrhoea.

If this man had a grain of integrity he would go about educating his Africans without deceiving them about what they are getting ("US Degrees") and from whom they are getting them ("Dr. Dr. Dr. Dr. Dr. Archbishop Muhammad Schmidt"). No one would be complaining about African educations provided by a simple old single-bedoktored Herr Schmidt. I might even contribute the first months' supply of Loperamide to get him on his way.

Unfortunately that's not the case though. Mother Teresa he ain't.
simon

Postby Hungry Ghost » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:50 pm

Oregon wrote:
simon wrote:What exactly is it that you have in favor of this man, Oregon? This is a forum about unaccredited programs and fake degrees. This man runs one of the former and has held at least 4 of the later. Can you explain why you are defending him?

The man sets up a school largely catering to Africans unserved by the education system. The tuition for a single course at an American university is probably only double the sub-Saharan annual income. Sure, there is the University of South Africa but its resources are limited and tuition steep by African standards.

Wrapping a turd in (purported) good intentions doesn't magically transfigure the smelly thing into something grand. Lies don't become justifiable because the people being lied to are "Africans unserved by the education system".

In much of Africa I would suspect that legality to operate is the same as accreditation.

Accreditation is credible external academic quality assurance.

In much of Africa, I suspect that it doesn't require a whole lot of local approval to legally set up a higher education institution, when that institution purports to be a branch or extension of a foreign institution that possesses a proper charter in and is being overseen by the education authorities of its home country.

That's probably a central purpose of the 'federal US states law' bullshit that's prominently displayed on Mohammed's website. As long as the Kenyan, Nigerian or whatever authorities continue to buy it, the claim permits his African associates to operate their university degree programs without any domestic oversight or charters at all, with their own governments confident that the academic aspects are being closely managed by the American authorities in conformity with American law.

Except of course, that nothing of the sort is even remotely true. The law in question is an exemption from all government regulation, oversight and quality assurance, granted by South Carolina to ICW for the theological programs that ICW offers inside the borders of South Carolina. That South Carolina exemption has nothing remotely to do with what a different school called IFTS is doing thousands of miles away in Africa.

In other words, the South Carolina authorities have not issued any sort of university charter to ICW that ICW can then transfer to different schools. The South Carolina authorities have absolutely no interest in and SC state law has no legal authority over anything done outside the boundaries of that state, even if those things are being done in ICW's name. It's up to the Kenyan or Nigerian authorities to manage that in accordance with their own laws.

Advertising this thing with the grand promise that "therefore, all our degrees conferred are valid and legal according to relevant Federal US States Law" is simply a lie. Trying to give prospective students the false confidence that they will be receiving American academic degrees that are underwritten by the full authority of American law is unethical by its very nature. And then trying to justify it by noting that the prospective students are poor and African only compounds everything with condescension.
Hungry Ghost

Postby SteveFoerster » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:15 pm

Oregon wrote:In much of Africa I would suspect that legality to operate is the same as accreditation.

I expect this is more or less true, at least in the sense that in many countries approval to operate from the Ministry of Education would be seen by evaluators like WES as the equivalent to regional accreditation. Does that mean the quality is still the same? Nigerian and Malian friends tell me the quality of institutions there are pretty low, so I would guess generally not in those places. But South Africa still has a few universities on the top 500 lists, and Mauritius is positioning itself as a hub for higher education, so I would guess generally yes in those places. Africa is not a single place.

Just thought I'd throw that in there.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Postby johann » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:19 pm

I've seen many weird, circumlocutious statements simulating degree-granting authority before, but some African-based schools (mostly those established by non-Africans) carry weirdness and circumlocution to art-forms. You may remember Euclid: http://www.euclid.int/legal.asp#participatingstates :(

Johann
johann

Postby Woodbine Willie » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:08 pm

I see the good Dr Turnoi, has even managed to get his critics to concede that he even has one PhD to his. He claims all sorts of stuff, not least of all to be fluent in Mandarin. I have submitted several posts in various aliases (You have to do that because you get banned from ESl teacher forum, if you look like you might be getting the better of Turnoi) using simple pinyin, which he won't comment on, because he cannot understand a word of Chinese. I know he has written various stuff anguishing over Mandarin and other languages. How does he do this? Well, very simple he just pinches other peoples work from internet and magazines and mentions 'crocodiles' or something else inane to put his mark on it.

This teachers' forum he posts on every day, is a sham pretend forum. Whoever Turnoi is(he could be a moderator or the owner of the ESL site) they are not stupid, they know posters like Turnoi, Magister, Silverboy, Dragonised, and a few others can be relied on to write their ridiculous nonsense day in and day out. It's all to do with keeping the site busy, so people want to place adverts. The moderators will allow you to argue with these characters to a certain degree, but never to beat them to a pulp, so they get get fed up and never post again. They allowed a certain genuine poster called Londongirl, to make them all look fools, but one day she was not only banned but all the posts she had ever written were erased(maybe some little mod had to pack is bags for things getting out of hand) Turnoi and co were maintaining that it was okay to have sex with your students but Londongirl suggestested that they were all sad dirty old men.

Turnoi claims to be an Anglican priest- the problem with that is that the Church of England has never heard of him.
Woodbine Willie

Postby Woodbine Willie » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:36 pm

shuarn wrote:I can't believe some of the utter rubbish being written about Turnoi on this site. I know both him and the poster "Silverboy" personally. These two individuals have done more to try and improve ESL in China than anyone else I know. Turnoi does NOT have any fake degrees, I know that for a fact. He never has had, and would never condone such behaviour. Turnoi is running a very legitimate school in Africa.

I would be very careful if I were some of the posters on here. Make no mistake, Turnoi has the resorces to sue your lazy arses, Silverboy even more so, and SB has substantial financial resources and a significant intellligence network in China.

Think about what you are doing before you slander a legend of education and of ESL.

I regularly read Silverboys rants on that sham pretend forum- in fact he has a similar turn of phrase to yours, Shaun. What was a typical utterence from Silverboy....?....Ah yes, I recall "Bonk that student, ASP" that was when he was advising a newbie who desired his student.

It is a pretend forum and most seasoned FT's in China know it. If you get anywhere near to out-arguing the fake doctor, Turnoi, the moderators will close you down, very swiftly indeed. The man is an imbecile so it's very easy to get the better of him, whatever your point of view is.

Listen, even bonking a 20 year old student is a valid point of view, and you should with Turnois support be allowed to voice the opinion that you should- however, that pretend forum is run for, you, Turnoi the boss, Dragonised, Magister, and a few others. Not to mention those making cash out of the scam-whoever they may be.
Woodbine Willie

Postby shuarn » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:47 pm

To "Woodbine Willy".......I really must respond to the allegations you have written here. What you wrote is nonsense. Turnoi is not the owner of eslteachersboard.com, neither is he a moderator. Same with Silverboy. ESLTB is based out of Canada as far as I know. Neither Turnoi or Silverboy has been to Canada as far as I know. Like I said before, Turnoi runs a legitimate school in Kenya, Africa,he is a busy man, who does not have time to own and moderate websites/forums.

As for degrees, Turnoi's degrees are all totally legit. Same with Silverboy who has a degree in linguistics, and also fashion. You say Turnoi can't speak Chinese: RUBBISH! Turnoi can speak fluent Putonghua, same with Silverboy. Turnoi can also read and write hanzi. Turnoi has corrected the pinyin of posters on TB before, in contradiction to what you say.

Once again, be careful what you say. Turnoi and SB are two people you don't want to mess with.

BTW, if you want to think I am Silverboy then good for you. My writing style is nothing like his. Just another figment of your fertile imagination.

Silverboy and I have nothing in common really, but I appreciate all the good work he ( and Turnoi ) have done.

What have you ever done to help foreign teachers in China?
shuarn

Postby GenuineWWillie » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:34 pm

Which Woodbine Willie would you like to reply to? I am the genuine one and this is the first time I have been on this site. I am afraid that somebody who has something against me has used my name. I have only just been informed about this sham poster via an email from a poster on the ESL Teachers Board Forum. As a quaker i would never dream of sneakily writing on another site about people that I may well have disagreed with. I am not saying that you personally had anything to do with this terrible lie, but I will pray for you just in case.
GenuineWWillie

Postby nosborne48 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:14 pm

"Once again, be careful what you say. Turnoi and SB are two people you don't want to mess with."

Now THAT is a very interesting comment. Why, exactly? Do these people possess squads of lawyers or squads of goons? The latter is unlikely, I think, and as for the former, it wouldn't be the first time. It's not so easy, it turns out, to damage a poster here, even those who don't hide behind anonymity.
Una cosa mala nunca muere.
nosborne48

Postby GenuineWWillie » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:49 am

nosborne48 wrote:"Once again, be careful what you say. Turnoi and SB are two people you don't want to mess with."

Now THAT is a very interesting comment. Why, exactly? Do these people possess squads of lawyers or squads of goons? The latter is unlikely, I think, and as for the former, it wouldn't be the first time. It's not so easy, it turns out, to damage a poster here, even those who don't hide behind anonymity.

Well, Archbishop Turnoi alias Schmidt is a complete fake and the other one Silverboy is a penniless bum and woman-hater, who says he's loaded with dosh. i have recently spent a day when Turnoi(who had done google searches) revealed many of my personal details on ESL Teachers' Forum. I eventually responded in kind, giving the link to this forum and asking him if he was one and the same person as Dr Muhammed Schmidt- needless to say I was edited out by the mods, who always come to the imbecile Turnoi's rescue. Now why- is he a mod himself (don't think so)- has he invested with the business- or is he just a dependable poster who will keep the forum busy; in turn keeping them up in the search engine ratings, thus attracting lucrative advertisements? Yes i know that those two bully boys like to threaten.

I ask all posters who have been the victim of ESL Teachers Board Forum Moderators, and have been edited off to save Turnoi's bacon to come over to this forum and fight them and their heavy censorship- we don't have to agree on everything just on this crooked carry-on involving Turnoi/ Schmidt.
GenuineWWillie

Postby johann » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:31 pm

GenuineWWillie wrote:I ask all posters who have been the victim of ESL Teachers Board Forum Moderators, and have been edited off to save Turnoi's bacon to come over to this forum and fight them and their heavy censorship- we don't have to agree on everything just on this crooked carry-on involving Turnoi/ Schmidt.

What did WE do to deserve your using DD as your new fortress in your space-war? :evil: :evil:

Johann
johann

Postby GenuineWWillie » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:15 am

I'm very sorry I didn't understand the Star-Wars analogy.

Anyway, Dr Muhammed Schmidt/Turnoi has really reinforced his position as a sort of modern day Napoleon from Animal Farm with all the rhetoric to boot. If you question his authority he will have a word with the forum administrator and you'll be blocked short-shrift. Recently, his chum Silverboy suggested compulsory wrenching babies out of Chinese wombs, which Turnoi gave his support at the time. However, a gallant and disgusted other poster 'Kellogg' really pinned Turnoi down about it. In order to wriggle out of his situation, Turnoi just ordered the forum administrator to remove the evidence, like any good Napoleon would do on a fake and corrupt forum, and said it wasn't Turnoi but another evil poster using his name. I attach the two posts:-

Re: re: nanjing massacre and Hitler?
By:JH Kellogg
Date: 30 August 2013
In Response To: Re: re: nanjing massacre and Hitler? (Turnoi, the Only One and Real Turnoi)
It seems you are the racist because you have a bias against the West
NO, no bias against the West. Just do not support racism anywhere, and forcible sterilization is eugenics, you will have to like it or lump it. Seems you need to learn from 20th century history a little. And yes, the GW's line you use to anyone who disagrees with you, much like the Soviets used against anyone who was against communism or defied the state. Do you support silverboys views of ripping babies or not?

Info for you, my "dear"!
By:Turnoi, the Only One and Real Turnoi
Date: 31 August 2013
In Response To: Re: re: nanjing massacre and Hitler? (JH Kellogg)

I just received a mail confirming that the post with forced sterilization of women posted by someone under the Silvberboy nick was removed as a result of my intervention.
I do not expect any "praise" for it, but if you were sincere, you would have done the same on your part.
I conclude you are NOT sincere and [edited]
Do you support silverboys views of ripping babies or not?
GenuineWWillie

Postby johann » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:53 pm

GenuineWWillie wrote:I'm very sorry I didn't understand the Star-Wars analogy.

How convenient. Let me explain it, then. :sad:

I don't think it's right for you to entrench yourself here solely to continue your rant against some people who have nothing much to do with DD, and who are on a board you've been banned from - rightly or wrongly. If you want to discuss eugenics, sterilization, or whatever other issues you and this Silverboy, or this Tournoi concern themselves with, go right ahead - on your own turf.

As another poster said (approximately): "Grow up. Start your own friggin' forum."

Johann
johann

PreviousNext

Return to Unaccredited Programs