Dr Muhammad Schmidt

Discussions on the value or merit of unaccredited programs and institutions.

Re: Dr Muhammad Schmidt

Postby uh-huh » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:44 am

I read that and I thought, "Just who the hell does this 'Silverboy' think he is?" You have to know if you met this guy face-to-face, he'd be some milksop kind of wimp and wouldn't dare say out loud what he spews forth on "that" website. And that's how it generally is with cyber-bullies. They can sit in their dark, dank apartments and whip out any sort of caustic remark under the cloak of anonymity, but in real life you have to know they are just regular wallflowers who can't even get a date without paying for it!
uh-huh

Postby stanhope » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:43 am

uh-huh wrote:I read that and I thought, "Just who the hell does this 'Silverboy' think he is?" You have to know if you met this guy face-to-face, he'd be some milksop kind of wimp and wouldn't dare say out loud what he spews forth on "that" website. And that's how it generally is with cyber-bullies. They can sit in their dark, dank apartments and whip out any sort of caustic remark under the cloak of anonymity, but in real life you have to know they are just regular wallflowers who can't even get a date without paying for it!

It seems to me you blokes on here are accusing Turnoi and Silverboy of doing exactly what you are doing. Attempting to ridicule people and destroy their reputation without much proof. Sure, Turnoi and Silverboy person may be arrogant pricks, but to say they are "evil" is fairly ridiculous don't you think?

I have read many posts on here. A poster on here called "shuarn" I think had a go at you or Baker, and you just started going off on a tangent about how that poster was really Silverboy. This is exactly what you say Turnoi does, claim posts on ESLTB critical of him are all one and the same person.

Also, it seems yourself, boxiangjiaopi,and Baker have watched too much X-files. Conspiracy theories abound in this thread. I've been around in ESL for a while: Here is my take on Turnoi. He is an older guy with too much time and money on his hands. Same with Silverboy. He has been criticizing "crap and pretend schools" for years. Really, he just comes off as being a troll, and the Silverboy also to a lesser extent. TB is a Vancouver based website. Turnoi does not own the site, but yeah it's quite possible, very possible he is a mod on there. It is not operating out of Milton-Keynes like you said.

As for Silverboy I think I met him once a few years ago in Wuhan at a disco called Blue Sky. He was a dancer, fit, handsome, and an arrogant bastard. I believe it was him, he had an Australian accent. I accidently bumped him and spilt some drink, he said " don't fuck with SB" or something to that effect. Also, he was not wearing shoes on the dance floor, information that he himself has volunteered in the past. I saw him several times, often with different women, usually high earning professional type girls, kuai ji, etc, and he would spend shitloads of money, but not on them. He liked to eat steaks, drink Malibu, and Tsingtao beer. I heard he went back to OZ for a few months in 2009 and then went to Nanning in 2010 ( where I live now ) but I've never seen him here.

Another snippet for your info: SB used to brag a lot at BLS about being a model, and many people knew that, I remember well, it's why I think it was him I met.
stanhope

Postby stanhope » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:02 pm

Woodbine Willie wrote:
shuarn wrote:I can't believe some of the utter rubbish being written about Turnoi on this site. I know both him and the poster "Silverboy" personally. These two individuals have done more to try and improve ESL in China than anyone else I know. Turnoi does NOT have any fake degrees, I know that for a fact. He never has had, and would never condone such behaviour. Turnoi is running a very legitimate school in Africa.

I would be very careful if I were some of the posters on here. Make no mistake, Turnoi has the resorces to sue your lazy arses, Silverboy even more so, and SB has substantial financial resources and a significant intellligence network in China.

Think about what you are doing before you slander a legend of education and of ESL.

I regularly read Silverboys rants on that sham pretend forum- in fact he has a similar turn of phrase to yours, Shaun. What was a typical utterence from Silverboy....?....Ah yes, I recall "Bonk that student, ASP" that was when he was advising a newbie who desired his student.

It is a pretend forum and most seasoned FT's in China know it. If you get anywhere near to out-arguing the fake doctor, Turnoi, the moderators will close you down, very swiftly indeed. The man is an imbecile so it's very easy to get the better of him, whatever your point of view is.

Listen, even bonking a 20 year old student is a valid point of view, and you should with Turnois support be allowed to voice the opinion that you should- however, that pretend forum is run for, you, Turnoi the boss, Dragonised, Magister, and a few others. Not to mention those making cash out of the scam-whoever they may be.

This is the specific post I was referring to: It is by Woodbine Willie, not you newer posters. Interestingly, he calls Silverboy "Shaun" which I suspect coincidentally, is his real name.

However, if you compare the shuarn poster's writing on here it does not have any similarity to SB on TB, in my opinion anyway. And remember that "shuarn" is not an anagram of Shaun.

I'm just saying that I doubt everything is a dark conspiracy like you guys try to make out. Turnoi and SB get cheap ( free thrills ) from that website, as well as inflicting financial damage on certain target schools, and also psychological damage to them.
stanhope

Postby stanhope » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:55 pm

I'll change what I said in my first post. My wording was incorrect. I did not really mean you are trying to destroy the reputation of Turnoi and Silverboy. I'm sure they don't give a shit about things like reputations. Although I know they have made some people extremely angry, infuriated even, I don't think 'evil" is a word to describe them, and it has been used on here. That is over the top. I think what you are doing is self-defeating. The only way you are going to "stop" these two is to bring them
out in the open, but from what I've heard guerilla warfare is their forte. Silverboy can pop up at anytime, anywhere, not just on the net, and cause trouble.

I'm just a bit amused that posters here are writing lengthy diatribes in regard to two individuals they seem to know very little about. It seems that there are many assumptions made about these people, which could be counter-productive to your cause and backfire on you in the future. Know your enemy.

I think Turnoi and Silverboy could possibly be dangerous individuals. They seem to be quite disturbed. It's not the little bit that's really known about them that's the problem, it's what we DON"T KNOW about them, that's the scary bit.

Anyway, that my two or three cents worth, I'm outta here!
stanhope

Postby uh-huh » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:57 pm

I'm just saying that I doubt everything is a dark conspiracy like you guys try to make out. Turnoi and SB get cheap ( free thrills ) from that website, as well as inflicting financial damage on certain target schools, and also psychological damage to them.

I very much doubt they do any real damage to any school they snark upon. Or if they do, it's very short-lived. Most rational people who read their missives realize what a couple of loons they are and dismiss them posthaste.

As for us doing exactly what they do . . . THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT! When those two whine on "that" website about what spoil sports we are and how much we are doing this or that horrible thing, we are purposely mirroring their antics to show them what their asshat behavior looks like. I don't think they are quite smart enough to get it (or maybe they do, but they really do like to whine about things that don't go their way). Then they go on about exacting revenge or beating the crap out of us or some other sort of hollow threat. I've only been following "that" site in recent months, but it is ugly, repetitive and, yes, highly insulting to anyone that doesn't toe the line with those two.

I dare you to go online there and post some sort of positive, glowing review of a Chinese school you are currently working for or have recently worked for and see what kind of hate-spewing response you get from either or both of them . . . and their many aliases. You might actually change your tune.
uh-huh

Postby stanhope » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:24 pm

Ok, I was not going to post on here again, but here goes. I think you may have underestimated those two. They have caused damage in the past to schools. Certain schools have been unable to employ teachers thanks to them. It is because their posts have appeared at the top of Google searches many times. Often it's the first thing people read. People HAVE complained about it. But yeah, nowadays they probably don't have much effect, unless Silverboy pops up at a school in person somewhere.

Another problem is that in the past a few of the schools they trashed on the net actually were "crap schools", along with a few individuals, so it did give them credibility for quite some time. Examples are Frank Zhang, that American lawyer they have been discussing lately, YuMing Education Center ( ask anyone in Tianjin ) Tianshuo, Jilin.

At first I think they really did want to eradicate the bad schools and looked for evidence. Now they don't care if anyone is guilty or innocent, it just to take potshots at strangers for personal amusement. They just went nuts about 18 months ago. I don't believe they get paid by ESLTB either, they don't need the money, and if they get paid then why post against rubbish schools, some of whom still advertise on TB? They would be damaging their own interests if it were true.

Anyway, like I said, try to focus on facts instead of speculation. For example I've heard Silverboy being described as being destitute or something. In my experience that is not true. Like I said, I'm sure the guy I met in Wuhan his him, I'm 99 per cent sure. He had money, a lot of it. He is very hedonistic, and he loves food, alcohol, air travel, and women. On top of that, he tries not to spend his own money, he goes after high value targets, self-made Asian girls with money. I heard in Nanning he was trying to do it also, but women there have less money, so it was harder. So the stuff put forward on the net about him chasing students and sleeping with them is a lot of tommy rot in my estimation. A student has nothing of value to offer a person like that. Sex, maybe, but plenty of places to get that. The stuff about him wanting to marry is also hogwash, that guy would never settle long with anyone. He wrote that as disinformation to appear as "a family man".

I think Turnoi and SB are not stupid either, they are cunning and manipulative. I would be wary about coming across Silverboy again and confronting him.
stanhope

Postby boxiangjiaopi » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:03 pm

I'll change what I said in my first post. My wording was incorrect. I did not really mean you are trying to destroy the reputation of Turnoi and Silverboy. I'm sure they don't give a shit about things like reputations. Although I know they have made some people extremely angry, infuriated even, I don't think 'evil" is a word to describe them, and it has been used on here. That is over the top. I think what you are doing is self-defeating. The only way you are going to "stop" these two is to bring them
out in the open, but from what I've heard guerilla warfare is their forte. Silverboy can pop up at anytime, anywhere, not just on the net, and cause trouble.

I'm just a bit amused that posters here are writing lengthy diatribes in regard to two individuals they seem to know very little about. It seems that there are many assumptions made about these people, which could be counter-productive to your cause and backfire on you in the future. Know your enemy.

I think Turnoi and Silverboy could possibly be dangerous individuals. They seem to be quite disturbed. It's not the little bit that's really known about them that's the problem, it's what we DON"T KNOW about them, that's the scary bit.

Anyway, that my two or three cents worth, I'm outta here!

It was good to read your interesting and well written posts, Stanhope.

Turnoi and Silverboy do not have any good reputations to destroy. They do tell us they have glowing reputations though. You may tell us that you think you met him, as a flashy wealthy and arrogant dancer; but I have heard another description of him, as described to me by a fellow ft working at the same school- as a an FT without a pot to piss in. What do you mean 'he can pop up anywhere and cause trouble and not just on the Internet?" The poster Shaun (who is him) warned all not to mess with him or Turnoi/Schmidt in this very thread.

Esltb is a forum controlled by Turnoi and Silverboy. We don't feel that this is fair for unsuspecting other posters who do not know the forum's reputation and start posting in the mistaken belief that their arguments will get the same treatment as any-body else's. Many posters have wasted a lot of time writing submissions on that site, not realising it was impossible to win their arguments, they were edited out or banned for upsetting Turnoi and his gang. Such a site should not be allowed to exist. It is false pretenses.

As uh-huh said we do sometimes treat and speak to them in the same way as they speak to other posters on esltb. They do not like it up em! They do not like to be on the end of the kind of treatment they feel they have special dispensation to dish out to others.
boxiangjiaopi

Postby uh-huh » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:22 pm

Re: EF Tangshan
By:Turnoi, the Only One and Real Turnoi
Date: 26 March 2014
In Response To: Re: EF Tangshan (Jamie)

There is nothing to slander re EF. It is just crap, a joke, and a rubbish pretend "school".
Are you a (decent) teacher or a deecher?

This is just a typical one-off from Schmidt/Turnoi/O'Shei/Banana Hooligan/etc. I personally have never worked for EF or EF Tangshan so I would personally not comment on a school of which I have ABSOLUTELY NO KNOWLEDGE. However, this loon Turnoi and his lackey Silverboy simply toss out these bon mots against any school and any teacher that might actually have something to say to support a school. It's a theater of the absurd is what it is.
uh-huh

Postby stanhope » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:19 am

boxiangjiaopi, you actually know someone who says he worked with Silverboy? I think I know him because I've collected pieces of a jigsaw puzzle and put the pieces together, they all seem to fit. I never worked with the guy though, I'd know a lot more about him I think if I did. I wrote the pop-up anywhere bit because there are rumours going around in the Nanning and Liuzhou area that there is a foreigner turning up at some schools and verbally abusing the staff there: it could be you know who, but maybe I should not speculate.

Anyhow, again, in my case I think the pieces fit because we have:

1) A good looking guy with an Australian accent, fit, medium height and build, likes dancing, but apparently he has put on some weight.
2) A former model.
3) Told me "don't mess with SB" or something similar
4) He was in bare feet when he went to the club, would takes shoes and socks off, I saw that ( also check old TB posts )
5) Always drank Malibu, eat steak, and drank Tsingtao, I saw this many times, and he has made personal reference to it before on net.
6) Likes self-made professional Chinese women with hefty incomes.
7) Hangs out at upmarket cafes, clubs bars, restauraunts,, no noodle shops for him!

I would also like to point out that one of his close friends was a scary looking Russian fellow, who was also loaded with dosh. It is another reason why I kept my distance.

Really need to go, I'm writing a paper at the current time, maybe in a week or so I'll post again. We can compare our information on here.
stanhope

Postby boxiangjiaopi » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:22 am

Postby stanhope » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:19 am
boxiangjiaopi, you actually know someone who says he worked with Silverboy? I think I know him because I've collected pieces of a jigsaw puzzle and put the pieces together, they all seem to fit. I never worked with the guy though, I'd know a lot more about him I think if I did. I wrote the pop-up anywhere bit because there are rumours going around in the Nanning and Liuzhou area that there is a foreigner turning up at some schools and verbally abusing the staff there: it could be you know who, but maybe I should not speculate.

Anyhow, again, in my case I think the pieces fit because we have:

1) A good looking guy with an Australian accent, fit, medium height and build, likes dancing, but apparently he has put on some weight.
2) A former model.
3) Told me "don't mess with SB" or something similar
4) He was in bare feet when he went to the club, would takes shoes and socks off, I saw that ( also check old TB posts )
5) Always drank Malibu, eat steak, and drank Tsingtao, I saw this many times, and he has made personal reference to it before on net.
6) Likes self-made professional Chinese women with hefty incomes.
7) Hangs out at upmarket cafes, clubs bars, restauraunts,, no noodle shops for him!

I would also like to point out that one of his close friends was a scary looking Russian fellow, who was also loaded with dosh. It is another reason why I kept my distance.

Really need to go, I'm writing a paper at the current time, maybe in a week or so I'll post again. We can compare our information on here.

It could be, Stanhope, that you're nearer the mark that I am as to SB's financial status, but he remains a peasant no matter how much he has in his piggy-bank. You should bear in mind that it's possible for many of us who would not claim to be rich to live his lifestyle in China- to dance the dance, to drink the drink, to eat the eats. I could do(wouldn't want to) it and I am not rich. Genuinely wealthy people don't usually feel the need to brag about it so often as he does on an obscure forum. The same is more true of academics bristling with qualifications.......unlike Doctor Doctor, Bishop Bishop Turnoi Schmidt.

Good luck with your paper. I also am spinning plates for the next few weeks
boxiangjiaopi

Postby uh-huh » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:20 am

It's so easy to rile up Turnoi and Silverboy - - someone named "Lucky Strike Larry" is currently the pot stirrer. Grand entertainment! :D
uh-huh

Postby boxiangjiaopi » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:41 pm

It's so easy to rile up Turnoi and Silverboy - - someone named "Lucky Strike Larry" is currently the pot stirrer. Grand entertainment! :D

Isn't there a British cigarette called Lucky Strike? Maybe a coincidence. No I will have a peek in a minute. I haven't seem any recent posts yet. You can bet whoever he is we will only see a watered down version. Anything too tricky for Turnoi and they will edit out.
boxiangjiaopi

Postby uh-huh » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:28 am

After reading a few of Turnoi/Shcmidt's postings of late, I have to wonder if the fellow is slightly, what, mentally retarded? Or perhaps he has early symptoms of dementia or Alzheimer's? Maybe he has just turned into a cranky old man: "You kids get off my lawn!" :lol: Regardless, someone better take away his car keys immediately! :lol:
uh-huh

Prof. Dr Muhammad Schmidt

Postby hanso » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:12 pm

zheng mianzi 爭面子

It is a real shame that a man has to fight and beg for some respect for a kind of real scientific research work - just because of the dubious reputation he has achieved under a disguise anonymus avatar.

Shame on you.
hanso

Postby uh-huh » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:27 am

Yes, shame on him! :lol:
uh-huh

PreviousNext

Return to Unaccredited Programs