Dr Muhammad Schmidt

Discussions on the value or merit of unaccredited programs and institutions.

Dr Muhammad Schmidt

Postby simon » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:28 pm

I have noticed some previous posts regarding this dubious gentleman here on these forums and would like to alert the general community (and anyone searching on the internet) to the current activities of Dr Muhammad Schmidt.

This man, self crowned triple PhD and Archbishop, seems to have embraced the world of English as a Second Language teaching (ESL) and found himself a new home on eslteachersboard.com, where he has taken to posting regular slander under the name of "Turnoi" against any and all that cross his path. Mr. Schmidt appears to have a moderator position on this forum, as any comments which are critical of him in any way seem to mysteriously disappear between submission and posting.

This is a very bad situation for a number of reasons. Firstly, eslteachersboard.com has the outward appearance of being a genuine and honest site, where teachers can come to find information about schools. This, however, is not the case. Turnoi takes an extremely aggressive anti school position on any issue brought up on the board, going as far as to accuse operations he has never come into contact with of unprofessionalism, under payment and under performance, and in some cases, illegal activity, all without any evidence or proof of his claims. This all occurs from behind a veil of anonymity, and is delivered in a tone of hysteria, occurring rampantly and prolifically, tarring all organizations that cross his path.

This would be a simple case of internet trolling, if it were not for the unbelievable hypocrisy that is apparent when one realizes the true identity of the troll. Recently, "Turnoi" was revealed to be none other than the notorious Professor Doctor Doctor Doctor Archbishop Muhammad Wolfgang Schmidt. For those of you who are familiar with the man, confirmation of this will be quite apparent in postings such as here: http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin ... read=40092.

The hypocrisy behind this man's stated position is insane. In one particular posting (http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin ... read=40074), Schmidt proclaims "As to credentials - if you mean to suggest that I hold fake credentials, you probably ignore the public stance I have taken with regard to fake degree credentials issued by illegitimate "schools" like bogus universities and degree mills. Some other posters including me have taken a strong stand against this, and what applies to those criticized for their admittance of using fake degrees definitely also applies to us."

I post here in complete and utter frustration against the audacity and hypocrisy of this man. He is causing untold damage to organizations he has never come into contact with whilst being guilty of exactly the same behavior he is projecting upon innocent others. Furthermore, he seems to have obtained some form of control over this ESL forum which prevents anyone from refuting his claims. I publish here in the hope of getting some message out there regarding the situation.

A previous thread on this board regarding this person is available here: http://www.degreediscussion.com/forums/ ... f=5&t=6926. Further information via Google of course.
simon

Re: Dr Muhammad Schmidt

Postby Oregon » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:54 am

He has a doctorate from this degreemill otherwise known as the best university in Germany.

http://www.fu-berlin.de/en/

Where is yours from?
Oregon

Postby simon » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:49 am

He has one legitimate PhD, yes. He also lists 2 illegitimate ones, here:

(source: http://www.totalesl.com/oldtotalesl/res ... 56&pos=414)
EDUCATION 1981 M.A., Berlin Free University, Linguistics (major) 1986 Ph.D., Berlin Free University, Sinology § Linguistics 2001 Master in Religious Studies, Nations University, La Forma, Al., USA 2004 Doctor in Theology, Institute For Christian Works, Burlington, WA, USA 2006 Doctor in Christian Education (Hon.) , Urban Harvest Bible College and Seminary, Indianapolis, IND, USA

He also runs his very own degree mill, here: http://www.ifts-online.edu.tf/
Note the specific comment on the front page "As a religious Institution of Higher Learning, we are exempted from the formal requirement of government-endorsed accreditation. Via our ¡°mother school¡±, the Institute for Christian Works with its main campus in Columbia, South Carolina(USA), we are covered by various US Federal State Licenses to confer academic degrees of a religious/theological and some other closely related nature. Therefore, all our degrees conferred are vaild and legal according to relevant Federal US States Law."

Their mother school, "The Institute for Christian Works", has their website here: http://www.icwseminary.org/
Note that one of Schmidt's purported PhDs comes from here.

Previously, Schmidt claimed a PhD from Poland. This claim stopped, after he was taken to pieces on it.

The point, however, is not so much about his accreditation. As far as I am concerned the man can call himself Pope if he wants (and he currently calls Himself Archbishop, here: http://www.gelber-kaiser.de/Impressum.html). The point is the venom with which he rips into any possible target that is presented to him on the ESL boards. We are talking about single person businesses here, which he seems intent on destroying.

Note that he has never met any of his targets. He has no evidence of the claims he makes. And he rips into people accusing them of being unprofessional and lacking in accreditation when these are the exact crimes he is guilty of himself.

The man is pure evil.
simon

Postby some gobbledygook » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:11 am

Old-timers will find the IFTS North American faculty list interesting.
some gobbledygook

Postby Oregon » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:48 pm

simon wrote:
The man is pure evil.

I am not sure how running a government approved Christian school in Kenya is pure evil. Do you have personal knowledge that IFTS offers less that substantial programs? It seems to be an African school with African professors that teaches Africans. My definition of pure evil is an anonymous asshole who comes out of nowhere to launch a personal attack on someone.
Oregon

Postby simon » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:09 pm

I am not sure how running a government approved Christian school in Kenya is pure evil.

The school is not government approved or accredited. It is backed by "The Institute for Christian Works", http://www.icwseminary.org/ , which is a known degree mill. Take one look at this site, and come back to me arguing the legitimacy of Schmidt's "accreditation".

Running a non-accredited school in Kenya is certainly not evil. What is evil is that this man is not content to simply run his organization and leave the rest of the world in peace - I would have no problem with that. Rather, he prefers to spend his free time standing on an anonymous soapbox with a megaphone decrying other honest teaching businesses for having no accreditation. It is the utmost of hypocrisy, that's all.

My definition of pure evil is an anonymous asshole who comes out of nowhere to launch a personal attack on someone.

Agreed. That is exactly what this man has been doing for 2+ years. Take a look at some of his postings on here and you will see what ruin this can do to an honest small business: http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/review/index.pl
simon

Postby simon » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:31 pm

Do you have personal knowledge that IFTS offers less that substantial programs?

I'm not sure it's quite necessary for me to go into detail on this. There is quite a substantial thread, 158 posts to date, on exactly that topic on this very forum, specifically here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4218&p=35111&hilit=icwseminary#p35111
simon

Postby shuarn » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:10 pm

I can't believe some of the utter rubbish being written about Turnoi on this site. I know both him and the poster "Silverboy" personally. These two individuals have done more to try and improve ESL in China than anyone else I know. Turnoi does NOT have any fake degrees, I know that for a fact. He never has had, and would never condone such behaviour. Turnoi is running a very legitimate school in Africa.

I would be very careful if I were some of the posters on here. Make no mistake, Turnoi has the resorces to sue your lazy arses, Silverboy even more so, and SB has substantial financial resources and a significant intellligence network in China.

Think about what you are doing before you slander a legend of education and of ESL.
shuarn

Postby John Bear » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:26 pm

Hey, is this Tshepiso Shuarn in South Africa writing. If so, great to hear from you here. Even as we speak, I'm getting out my file. What fun. --John
John Bear

Postby Nuba » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:22 pm

Let's take a look at who "simon" is:

"simon" is most likely a person by the real name of Cirill Perera running an internet platform called languagedirect, based in Basel, Switzerland.
This company offers trabslation services and face-to-face language lessons via this online platform. They apparently work with freelancers, with some of them complaining not having been paid properly like this one:

http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin ... read=39597

This man, Cirill Perera, has a personal matter with Turnoi because Turnoi supported Helena who is the person complaining about this company.

There are many businesses like that out there that do not seem to pay their freelancers properly...
Nuba

Postby shuarn » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:26 am

Simon, the people whom Turnoi attacks are hardly running honest businesses :lol: If you think ESL "schools" like SFLS, Hampson, EF etc are "honest businesses" then man, you are quite foolish IMHO. The people running those illegitimate businesses deserve to be destroyed. It is people on they payroll of LD ( Language Direct ) who are attempting to ruin the credibility of Turnoi.

There has been a long list of school cronies on eslteachersboard.com since around 2008. Some of them were well known criminals in Asian ESL. They were getting away with their BS and lies until 2007 and 2008 when Turnoi, and then Silverboy came along.

My advice to you is this: DO NOT believe any positive review of ANY school on TB or any other website. It is almost always a DOS or manager posting in favour of their own school. Silverboy for example has caught these people out in a lie and exposed them numerous times on the net.

Turnoi is doing a great job, one of the few honest people left. He should be applauded, not slandered. :)
shuarn

Postby fredrita » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:47 pm

I' am Dr. Fred maina macharia. I work with IFTS as the director and i want people to know that we are not a degree mill as people have been saying. We started our work in 2004 and we have trained many Pastors who could not afford the fee in other Theological Schools.

we have schools in Nigeria , Ghana, USA and Haiti and all of the have restricted with the governments of their respective Countries . In short all the IFTS schools are dependent.

Dr. Muhammad is our Founder and I'm sure he has never conferred him self a honorary degree. He has worked for all his papers. Let us not bring our differences in God's work We have many People of God who want Education, Let us think on how we can help them.

God Bless you .

All
fredrita

Postby simon » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:27 am

Dear Dr. Fred,

Please take a look at Dr. Muhammad's CV, here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4218&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=31 . You will notice it says:

1981 M.A. from Berlin Free University (FU Berlin) (M.A. according to the German system is in several subjects)
1986 Ph.D. from Berlin Free University (FU Berlin)
1990 Habilitation Bochum University (Habiltation is a post-doc degree not known in the US qualifying for professorship and includes another research thesis to be submitted aftet graduation with a doctorate)
2001 Czenstochowa University, Poland, Master in Theology
2004 Czestochowa University, Poland, Doctorate in Theology

Then take a look at Dr. Muhammad's CV, here: http://www.getesljobs.com/resume_detail ... sumeid=657 . You will notice it says:

1981 M.A., Berlin Free University, Linguistics (major)
1986 Ph.D., Berlin Free University, Sinology § Linguistics
2001 Master in Religious Studies, Nations University, La Forma, Al., USA
2004 Doctor in Theology, Institute For Christian Works, Burlington, WA, USA
2006 Doctor in Christian Education (Hon.) , Urban Harvest Bible College and Seminary, Indianapolis, IND, USA

Point 1: Why does a Masters and a Doctorate suddenly disappear between the first CV and the second CV? This is rather odd. It is of course illegal in Germany to claim a false PhD, a crime which is punishable with up to one year's imprisonment (http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/engli ... l_000P132a).
Point 2: The 2004 Doctorate from the second CV is conferred by ICW in Burlington. ICW Burlington is the institution under which Schmidt confers IFTS degrees (see http://www.ifts.edu.tf). For all intents and purposes this makes it a self-conferred degree - it is conferred by the same institution that Schmidt uses to confer IFTS degrees.
Point 3: Putting the 2 CVs together, and then adding your statement that Schmidt worked for all his papers, are you telling me the good man managed to complete two Doctorates in 2004, one in Poland and one in the USA? What a prodigious year that must have been! I'm sorry, but I simply don't believe it.

I don't disagree that we should all work towards education instead of fighting, but the irony of this whole situation is that "Dr. Schmidt" is now going around on the internet accusing people and schools he has never met or done business with of being "crocodiles", "bulldogs" and "groveling weasels" (rather frequent, and I must say rather childish catchphrases of his) on a forum he has control over, disallowing them the chance to defend themselves. None of these schools started these fights, and Schmidt's slander seems to be uniformly against any institution that crosses his path. There are cases where teachers are fired for being drunk, lazy, or for sleeping with underage students, but regardless of the circumstances Schmidt always takes a "that school is "rubbish" and should be closed" line, thereby going on to troll, slander the school, and block the legitimate responses from the owners of these businesses. This is not the behavior of a good or fair man.

As a religious man, Dr. Fred, I'm sure you can appreciate the following quote:

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye." - Matthew 7:1-5
simon

Postby Oregon » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:22 am

You expect a website to be a democracy. You expect a lot. Start your own friggin website saying how wonderful you are and how crappy everyone else is. And grow up.
Oregon

Postby simon » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:27 am

What exactly is it that you have in favor of this man, Oregon? This is a forum about unaccredited programs and fake degrees. This man runs one of the former and has held at least 4 of the later. Can you explain why you are defending him?

No, I don't expect a website to be a democracy. The problem begins when someone's slander makes it to the front page of your institution's Google search results, and you aren't allowed to defend yourself.
simon

Next

Return to Unaccredited Programs