Team Impact University

Discussions on the value or merit of unaccredited programs and institutions.

Re: Team Impact University

Postby levicoff » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:36 pm

I thought it might be fun to check up on these folks one last time. As of today, their contact page lists:

Rose Stephens

5536D Superior Drive Suite D
Baton Rouge LA 70816
Email: dean@tiuniversity.com
Tel: 225 330 1047

The Board of Regents of the State of Louisiana has granted Team Impact Christian University license to issue degrees by religious exemption.

The Louisiana Board of Regents is a government agency in the U.S. State of Louisiana that is responsible for coordination of all public higher education in the state.

(Note that she is no longer Pastor Rose Stephens, just Rose Stephens.)

The address is a small office building in Baton Rouge whose other tenants include: Red Stick Realty (Suite F), Bierman Insurance (Suite D - Golly!), Jefferson Pilot Financial (no suite listed), Bacchus Law Group LLC (Suite F), Belaire Counseling Service - Christine Belaire PhD (Suite B- if her web site is accurate, her credentials are legit), Touch (I won't speculate what they are, but no suite listed), and the Chensney Center for Speech (no suite listed). You can google up a satellite picture of the site itself.

I won't speculate whether the Bierman Insurance Agency is still located in Suite D (the phone listings may be behind the times), but even if Team Impact rented this suite after Bierman cleared out, it's still a joke when you consider that this purports to be a university that offers six different bachelor's degrees, seven master's degrees, and a doctorate.

The bottom line, as far as I'm concerned, is simply that (at least in terms of public representation), Pennsylvania is rid of these wazoos.

Okay, I can't resist gloating a bit - hey, Steve (Porter), we whupped your ass! :mrgreen:
levicoff

Postby johnwhite2003 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:44 am

5536D Superior Drive Suite D
Baton Rouge LA

Email: dean@tiuniversity.com

Tel: 225 330 1047

The Board of Regents of the State of Louisiana has granted Team Impact Christian University license to issue degrees by religious exemption.

The Louisiana Board of Regents is a government agency in the U.S. State of Louisiana that is responsible for coordination of all public higher education in the state.

i think teamwork is now fine since they have been grated religious degree and also getting Actea acreditation will help them alot as well
johnwhite2003

Postby nosborne48 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:25 pm

Doesn't say much for the quality of religious degree programs at the subject school.

An "exemption" is exactly that; a policy of the State NOT to require of religious programs the same assurance of quality it requires of non-religious degree programs. The granting of such an exemption is certainly NOT any sort of endorsement by the state. Rather the reverse.
Una cosa mala nunca muere.
nosborne48

Postby johnwhite2003 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:01 pm

religious degree doesnt really need government endorsement since it is spiritual and not secular except if it is secular theology. But if it is that based on ministry alone then teamwork degree is good but they should let people know what their accrediation and registration status is . so that they do not deceive or waste the time of people who truly need a gopvernment accreditted degree. and moreover this degree mills should improve the quality of their education and get qualified personel who are true graduates not the like of rose stephen or steve porter who have nothing to show that they are qualified to run a university. Team work should wake up with the great awakening because may people are becoming aware of accreditation and if thier school is not purely accreditted then they will begin loose students .I know a doctorate Graduate from team work who can not even speak good english let alone construct a good sentence then it gets me wondering how he manged to graduate.but other graduates of team work i have seen are sound educaed and well informed.
johnwhite2003

Postby Jack » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:29 pm

johnwhite2003 wrote:I know a doctorate Graduate from team work who can not even speak good english let alone construct a good sentence then it gets me wondering how he manged to graduate.

So it sounds like what you're saying is that anyone who pays their bill to these people can get a doctorate.

If only there was a word to describe such an organization . . .
Jack

Postby Jimmy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:37 am

johnwhite2003 wrote:I know a doctorate Graduate from team work who can not even speak good english let alone construct a good sentence...

You mean like your posts? :mrgreen:
Jimmy

The Hunger Site
Jimmy

Postby johnwhite2003 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:41 pm

johnwhite2003 wrote
[/quote]I know a doctorate Graduate from team work who can not even speak good english let alone construct a good sentence...

yes jimmy like your post. Anuofia
johnwhite2003

Postby johnwhite2003 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:29 pm

team impact university was actually hijacked from its original owner ,Dr john Chacha and at that time team work is affiliated to vision university and Apostolic council of educational accountability and has a certificate of exemption from US state of virginia martinsville, Before it was hijacked,by the Degree mill and Chacha was cut off, I investigated and discovered also that steve porter (an American from pensylvannia) and Rose stephens (an indian from South Africa) are not qualified for the post they hold in the school.because educationally they are not yet due. Team impact is a distance learning school in germiston lambton and they have a big graduation Hall they are also operating illegally in South Africa.because they are not recognised by saqa,Chea,sacte,umalusi and doe, which means any degree they offer is just a paper printed by a printer because no university or work place recognises the degree because it is not on any nqf level.
The degree is only Good if those with it will only remain as church workers in their local churches they cannot even get a job in another church with the degree, in other words it is a bogus degree.
its a matter of time before they will be a history, very soon their will be a lot of lawsuit against them for doling out fake degrees to students.
johnwhite2003

Postby lukeness » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:34 pm

You seem to be confusing Teamwork Bible College with Team Impact University which are two completely different organizations. That said, neither looks any better than the other.
lukeness

Postby johnwhite2003 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:20 pm

team work bible college and university and team impact university are one and same school but teamwork belongs to Dr ChaCha before it was taken from him and renamed team impact universty.
johnwhite2003

Postby lukeness » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:37 pm

'Teamwork' still exists under 'Dr ChahCha' so the most that could have happened is a breakaway, it doesn't look like anything was 'taken' from him. Also, neither looks any less millish then the other so for one to be asserting the moral or ethical high-ground is laughable.
lukeness

Postby rbonline » Wed May 25, 2011 2:31 pm

This is very interesting, I would like to know if a degree with Team Impact University has any foundation of accreditation Internationally? Your discussions tells me that internationally this institution currently situated in S.A. is not accredited internationally, am I correct?
rbonline

Postby lukeness » Wed May 25, 2011 4:42 pm

This operation has a branch in SA but purports to be situated in Louisiana. It has no legitimate form of accreditation there or in SA.
lukeness

Postby rbonline » Wed May 25, 2011 8:16 pm

Team Impact University is fully accredited by the World-Wide Accreditation Commission of Christian Educational Institutions (WWAC). WWAC is a non-governmental accreditation, extended exclusively to private, Christian institutions upon inspection and approval of their programs, operations, and integrity.

The above quote from the Team Impact University website: http://www.tiuniversity.com/accreditation_team_Impact_christian_university.htm

Found this information on WWAC:

http://www.credentialwatch.org/non/agencies.shtml

Be Wary of Nonrecognized Accreditation Agencies
Stephen Barrett, M.D.

Accreditation constitutes public recognition that an educational program meets the administrative, organizational, and financial criteria of a recognized agency. In the United States, educational standards for schools are set by a network of agencies approved by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) or the Council on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation (CORPA). USDE and CORPA do not accredit individual schools, but they approve the national and regional agencies that do so. Almost all such agencies are voluntary and nongovernmental.

In addition to nonaccredited schools, there are also nonrecognized agencies. The following entities are not approved by the U.S. Department of Education. Therefore any so-called “accreditation” by these entities should be considered meaningless
rbonline

Previous

Return to Unaccredited Programs