University of Metaphysics

Discussions on the value or merit of unaccredited programs and institutions.

Re: University of Metaphysics

Postby neiladvani89 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:59 am

I read this and totally agree with you. You are giving great advice and it is really helpful. Thanks a lot for sharing your thought with us. Keep posting nice information.
neiladvani89

Postby elmergarchitorena » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:20 am

I enrolled in the doctoral cash and learning from the lessons but now lose enthusiam from some of the post that says this is a mill. Please advise.
Thank you
elmergarchitorena

Postby elmergarchitorena » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:22 am

I enrolled for the doctoral and paid cash. I am learning from the lessons but now lose enthusiasm because of some posts that says this is a mill. Please advice
Thanks
elmergarchitorena

Postby johann » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:16 pm

The degrees issued by this school are academically worthless. That has never been in dispute. I caught a little flak earlier for suggesting it was OK to enrol here if you enjoyed the course and what you learned. I'll still stick with that -- but I am not (and none of us ever were) under any illusion that the "doctorate" awarded is a "real" degree in any sense. That's plain ridiculous. I'm sure some - perhaps many - people have learned a thing or two from the course that were of value to them... and that learning is good. The piece of paper -- not so good. I've never seen the course materials, but I'll believe what experienced readers have said: that much of it resembles other works on "positive thinking." Nothing wrong with that - except possibly that you can get the same info cheaper elsewhere, and without the phony "degree" hocus-pocus.

You have spent a little money and (you said) enjoyed what was taught and/or derived some benefit from it. Be satisfied with that. You have certainly not earned a "real" degree. Real ones are not earned with so small an effort -- and certainly not with such a minimal expense.

Finish your program, enjoy anything good you derive -- and forget about the piece of paper. Throw it away. If you've learned anything at all -- then you've had your money's worth. Actually trying to make use of that phony degree-paper-thingy could land you in hot water -- or worse. If you decide to complete the program, whatever you do, don't start calling yourself "Doctor." You won't be...

Johann
johann

Postby elmergarchitorena » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:06 am

Do they have the credibility and authority for awarding such degrees for almost half a century of experience? And about the cost, it is low (1,100$ international) because it was possible since there are donations and contributions from other alumni.
Joe Vitale, star of the movie the secret recognized by other big personalities as a Doctor because he graduated from University of Sedona with a Doctorate in Metaphysical Science.
Any comment?
elmergarchitorena

Postby elmergarchitorena » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:06 am

Throw away my diploma? Is it such a wise advice? Who should I listen? to you or Dr. Paul Leon Masters who started and managed a successful metaphysical school for half a century now? What are your credentials? Are you a Doctor yourself?
Thanks
elmergarchitorena

Postby elmergarchitorena » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:05 am

Kindly check if you are not only envious and projecting negativity.
elmergarchitorena

Postby Rich Douglas » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:59 am

elmergarchitorena wrote:Throw away my diploma? Is it such a wise advice? Who should I listen? to you or Dr. Paul Leon Masters who started and managed a successful metaphysical school for half a century now? What are your credentials? Are you a Doctor yourself?
Thanks

I am. In fact, I'm a doctor in this particular area--nontraditional higher education.

Johann's advice is sound. Just because a diploma mill has been operating for a long time doesn't change its status. And has been demonstrated repeatedly over the decades, you can get into just as much trouble claiming an ersatz degree sold to you as you could with one you made up yourself.
Rich Douglas

Postby johann » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:35 pm

elmergarchitorena wrote:Joe Vitale, star of the movie the secret recognized by other big personalities as a Doctor because he graduated from University of Sedona with a Doctorate in Metaphysical Science.
Any comment?

Yes. Here's my comment. University of Sedona is quite similar to University of Metaphysics. The degrees of both schools are academically worthless. Nothing against Mr. - I won't call him Dr. Vitale, but his Metaphysics degree is a junk credential. He is obviously an expert showman - I believe he wrote a book on P.T. Barnum. That lets me know where he might be coming from. Vitale also claims another doctorate - in Marketing, but doesn't say which school, so he probably has reasons not to disclose it...

Envy? None -especially for his junk degree...or yours. Unlike Dr. Rich Douglas, Ph.D. from a "real" school, I'm not a "Doctor." All my academic credentials, however, are "real" - from two good Canadian Colleges and one well-recognized University. I earned them between the ages of 47 and 62. Negativity -- well, it's obviously what you didn't want to hear. I hoped the advice would do some good, Elmer - but your mind is obviously closed. Funny attitude for a self-professed metaphysics guy. :)

I note Mr. Vitale was born in Niles, Ohio. That's a familiar town... Oh yes - I believe the owner of "Breyer State University" - Idaho, Alabama, Idaho again, California and now Panama - has resided there throughout the peregrinations of his "school" - well known in this forum. Perhaps you might want to consider enrolling there next, Elmer. :)

Here's a Wiki on Joe Vitale: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Vitale_(author)

Here's his website. http://www.mrfire.com/

This link is not intended as an ad. It's just so board members can make up their own minds on we're dealing with, here... :(

Johann
johann

Postby johann » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:25 pm

And furthermore, Elmer - if you only want advice from those who hold legitimate doctorates -- check back a few posts, to page 1 of this thread. You'll note Dr. Steve Levicoff specifically called University of Metaphysics a "mill" right there. I believe Dr. Levicoff earned his Ph.D. at the same Regionally Accredited school from which Dr. Douglas earned his - but that's just a coincidence. What's important is - they both hold legitimate doctorates and are both acknowledged experts on non-traditional education.

It's OK if you don't trust my opinion. But you should trust Dr. Levicoff's and Dr. Douglas's. They know.

Johann
johann

Postby Rich Douglas » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:01 pm

johann wrote:And furthermore, Elmer - if you only want advice from those who hold legitimate doctorates -- check back a few posts, to page 1 of this thread. You'll note Dr. Steve Levicoff specifically called University of Metaphysics a "mill" right there. I believe Dr. Levicoff earned his Ph.D. at the same Regionally Accredited school from which Dr. Douglas earned his - but that's just a coincidence. What's important is - they both hold legitimate doctorates and are both acknowledged experts on non-traditional education.

It's OK if you don't trust my opinion. But you should trust Dr. Levicoff's and Dr. Douglas's. They know.

Johann

Yes, Steve and I took Ph.D. degrees from the same school.

I did mine with a specialization in Nontraditional Higher Education.

Steve did his in a religious-related area. (Forgive me, I can't be more specific.) Even more relevant is Steve's voluminous research into religious degree mills. If the schools is (a) unaccredited and (b) Steve calls it a degree mil, then it is a degree mill.

(NB: Steve, IIRC, distinguishes between diploma mills--fake schools that sell fake degrees--and degree mills, which are legal schools (even accredited ones) that crank out graduates without sufficient means to do so. Or something like that.)
Rich Douglas

Postby elmergarchitorena » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:46 am

I am now studying Volume 2 for the Metaphysical Science Degree. It is all good and renders a universal truth. No matter what you say, if it is negativity, it is. Even if you have a doctorate in an accredited school, what have you accomplished? Did you accomplished any worthwhile things? or you are just one of this online bullies? Mind closed? It may be you, you don't know what's inside the course so never judged that is is worthless. Even if you you are a doctor, the manner you ruined another s' reputation is not an act of an educated man. You know what described all of you here? an egoistic person, those who are in a mental position that they are right and others are wrong, that they are superior and others are not. Now who is more funny? Never mind responding. I won't read anymore your reply. Contagious NEGA Star(Negative Person Superstar) who don't have accomplishment but daily bullying, hahaha.By the way, University of University of Metaphysics and University of Sedona has thousands of students and graduates worldwide, do you have a school? hahaha :lol:
elmergarchitorena

Postby johann » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:38 am

post deleted -J.
johann

Postby elmergarchitorena » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:49 am

and by the way all of you, you forgot to mention your masteral degree. Master in ridicules
elmergarchitorena

Postby elmergarchitorena » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:03 am

Who is Steve Levicoff? never heard, who is Dr.Paul Leon Masters? A founder of Metaphysics school for many decades now and a master teacher of universal truths who has thousands of students worldwide.
elmergarchitorena

PreviousNext

Return to Unaccredited Programs