University of Metaphysics

Discussions on the value or merit of unaccredited programs and institutions.

Re: University of Metaphysics

Postby Hungry Ghost » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:06 pm

Jack wrote:Posts have been made to this thread that have been disappeared.

Which post do you remember that's missing?

I recall that when I made it, my post about the University of Metaphysical Sciences was the last post on the second page. It's still in that position, which suggests that nothing has dissappeared prior to it.

Editorial addition: And this post is the first post on the fourth page. There are fifteen posts on page three.

I don't believe that anything has dissapeared, but if anything does in the future, it should be obvious.
Hungry Ghost

Postby levicoff » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:23 pm

Hungry Ghost wrote:
Jack wrote:Posts have been made to this thread that have been disappeared.

Which post do you remember that's missing?

I recall that when I made it, my post about the University of Metaphysical Sciences was the last post on the second page. It's still in that position, which suggests that nothing has dissappeared prior to it.

Editorial addition: And this post is the first post on the fourth page. There are fifteen posts on page three.

I don't believe that anything has dissapeared, but if anything does in the future, it should be obvious.

The butler did it. :lol:
levicoff

Postby Jack » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:53 am

Well OK then. Maybe it's a part of my brain that missing. It wouldn't be the first time that's been said. :?
Jack

Postby johann » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:04 pm

Jack wrote:Well OK then. Maybe it's a part of my brain that missing. It wouldn't be the first time that's been said. :?

...or the last!

Johann
johann

Postby Jack » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:16 am

Unfortunately, you're probably right. In this instance, I was reading several different fora at the same time while also reading one or two news articles that I found on an aggregator site. There are times like that when the input overwhelms my casual efforts to remember where the stories originated. I know that it would be safer, in a sense, to do one thing at a time but continually I find myself with six or seven open windows and sometimes I don't bother to go back and check all my sources before I post. As you stated, I'll likely make the same mistake again someday.
Jack

Postby Dale Hill » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:54 pm

From the web site of University of metaphysics:

AMERICAN METAPHYSICAL DOCTORS ASSOCIATION
Doctoral Degree recognition in the Holistic New Thought Metaphysical field can be crucial to gaining the public's trust and confidence for your immediate and long term professional success. Complimenting the importance of being a Doctoral Degree graduate, can be your recognition as a member of the A.M.D.A.

Here Are The Advantages
•Listing, together with your specialties as an A.M.D.A. Member on our www.metaphysics.com website. You receive world wide exposure as a professional.
•Permission the on your business cards, stationery, flyers, promotional material and advertising, providing you put the world beneath the symbol. You are only legally permitted to do so if you are in your membership.
•Permission to mention on book jackets, CDs, videos, DVDs and other similar products that carry your name now or in the future. You are only legally permitted to do so if your membership is at the time of copyright or new production.
•Very valuable audience confidence builder if you are introduced as being a member of the A.M.D.A., American Metaphysical Doctors Association when giving a lecture, seminar, or to a church congregation.
•Yearly 2006 A.M.D.A. Membership Certificate to display in your office or home.

In my opinion, interesting how practical, tangible and traditional metaphysics can be, logo and all.
Dale Hill

Postby Jonathan Whatley » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:33 pm

Dale Hill wrote:From the web site of University of metaphysics:

AMERICAN METAPHYSICAL DOCTORS ASSOCIATION
Doctoral Degree recognition in the Holistic New Thought Metaphysical field can be crucial to gaining the public's trust and confidence for your immediate and long term professional success. Complimenting the importance of being a Doctoral Degree graduate, can be your recognition as a member of the A.M.D.A. [...] •Very valuable audience confidence builder if you are introduced as being a member of the A.M.D.A., American Metaphysical Doctors Association when giving a lecture, seminar, or to a church congregation.

Jimmy, are you sure want to associate your good name with this organization? This doesn't really scream "above reproach."
Jonathan Whatley

Postby nosborne48 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:19 pm

"Trust and confidence" to do what, exactly? Cast horoscopes? Read tarot cards? Crystal gaze?
Una cosa mala nunca muere.
nosborne48

Postby Jimmy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:38 am

nosborne48 wrote:"Trust and confidence" to do what, exactly? Cast horoscopes? Read tarot cards? Crystal gaze?

In all honesty there isn't much difference between the fundamentals of metaphysics and what Norman Vincent Peale espouses in The Power of Positive Thinking. It's chock full of metaphysical principles. Plus, Christian Science practitioners and Unity ministers endorse and practice many metaphysical principles and ideas.
Jimmy

The Hunger Site
Jimmy

Postby nosborne48 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:00 pm

So it's all soft, mushy and New-Agey?
Una cosa mala nunca muere.
nosborne48

Postby Jimmy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:56 pm

nosborne48 wrote:So it's all soft, mushy and New-Agey?

Pretty much so but nothing as whacky as the late Elizabeth Clare Prophet.
Jimmy

The Hunger Site
Jimmy

Postby SteveFoerster » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:53 pm

Jimmy wrote:
nosborne48 wrote:So it's all soft, mushy and New-Agey?

Pretty much so but nothing as whacky as the late Elizabeth Clare Prophet.

Funny you should say that, as while I almost never read books about religious topics, I did happen to read this one of hers a long time ago. In retrospect, reincarnation is the only way Christianity would make any sense to me, since it solves the problem of what happens to people who died before Jesus was born, or who otherwise never hear of him. In other words, if you die without believing in Christ you have to try again until you get it right.

Not that I believe in that; it just struck me as much less contradictory than "God reeeeally loves you, but if you never hear about his son then you still burn in Hell for all eternity."

-=Steve=-
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Christian Science

Postby Jimmy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:44 pm

Visited a Christian Science congregation today. I have never been to one although I have been to a Reading Room on a number of occasions in my life. The service was very interesting and uplifting. In my studies at the UOM, the Church is discussed and I wanted to learn first hand, especially since I will be writing a paper on the denomination.
Jimmy

The Hunger Site
Jimmy

Re: Christian Science

Postby levicoff » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:02 am

Jimmy wrote:Visited a Christian Science congregation today. I have never been to one although I have been to a Reading Room on a number of occasions in my life. The service was very interesting and uplifting. In my studies at the UOM, the Church is discussed and I wanted to learn first hand, especially since I will be writing a paper on the denomination.

You mean, the UOM actually requires a paper?

(Sorry, culdn't resist.) :lol:
levicoff

Re: Christian Science

Postby Jimmy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:33 am

levicoff wrote:...Sorry, culdn't resist..

Neither could I. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAndG1sGKbw
Jimmy

The Hunger Site
Jimmy

PreviousNext

Return to Unaccredited Programs