The AAHEA accreditation splooie

Discussions on the value or merit of unaccredited programs and institutions.

Re: The AAHEA accreditation splooie

Postby Matt » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:57 pm

AAHEA has posted this claim on their website http://www.aahea.org/accreditation.htm. Application for CHEA recognition. But apparently nothing further has taken place. Does anyone know anything about this, i.e. I don't see them listed among the "Call for 3rd party comment" list of applications on the CHEA website.

Matt
Matt

Postby Dmiller » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:29 am

I ran across an interesting article the other day, regarding the so called (Doc) Brady who seems to be connected with "AAHEA" as well as the "National Board of Professional and Ethical Standards" and claims to hold a "PhD, DCH, DBA, Ed.D, etc... ". According to the site at http://www.selfgrowth.com/experts/doc_brady.html, it is stated that Doc Brady claims, "He has served as a Crime Prevention officer with a very large Sheriffs Department. Doc was also appointed by two different Governors as a Justice/Esq. to serve a five year term with each. He set bail, signed warrants, and could try civil cases."

It gets even better...... appears from the site that (Doc) Brady is quite popular....... the article says, "He is a paid expert on a regular basis by such organizations as CBS for the Dr. Phil Show and as a consultant for the very popular CBS, CSI TV Show. Doc owns a chain of medical clinics in Florida and he franchises these around the US. He has authored several self-help courses and books. He currently sits on four boards including a very old non-profit organization, a Psychological Institute and several educational organizations. He is a professor at The University of Science Arts and Technology (USAT) medical college, and he also sits on the medical advisory board at Rasmussen College."

Well..... according to this post at , http://www.gainesville.com/article/2009 ... /904259994 , seems like Doc Brady may not be all that he claims.

From the post in the Gainesville Sun,

"With his clothing, car and pepper spray and his handling of a situation involving parking in a handicapped space, a volunteer who helped direct traffic at a local charter school went too far playing the part of an officer, sheriff’s deputies say.

Dennis Brady, 58, of Reddick, was arrested Friday on charges of impersonating an officer and carrying a prohibitive weapon, the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office reported. A $100,000 bond was set for his release.

Brady had a can of pepper spray that’s only supposed to be available to officers, which resulted in the additional charge, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

But it was Brady’s demeanor, appearance and comments, including the parking dispute, that led to the case against him.

Brady had been helping direct traffic at the Micanopy Area Cooperative School since the beginning of the year, according to the school.

Director Anne Thomson said Brady offered to volunteer. The school accepted in hopes of curbing recurring complaints from parents picking up children.

“I didn’t get any complaints about him,” Thomson said about Brady helping with traffic. “I had more parents saying thank you so much.”

Brady, a family member of one of the students at the small school, didn’t have to pass any background screening because he wasn’t going to be supervising students and wasn’t working on school grounds, according to the school.

Thomson said she never thought Brady was an officer, current or retired, although he did tell her he had taken a class and was certified to deal with traffic situations.

But others weren’t sure about Brady’s background, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

With a badge that said “Castlehill chief,” a white Crown Victoria including a cage for the back seat, a German shepherd, a spotlight like that on a real police vehicle, and comments he made about his work history, some parents did think Brady was a retired officer, the Sheriff’s Office reported.

“Castlehill” refers to Brady’s own residence, according to deputies.

But just over a week ago, Thomson said she learned a complaint had been lodged against Brady. He met with officers and stopped volunteering at the school.

The complaint originated with a confrontation between Brady and a parent involving parking in an area for the disabled.

During the exchange, the other person reported that Brady demanded to see a driver’s license, claimed he was going to have it suspended and made statements as if he were an officer with arrest powers.

Deputies brought the matter before a judge and obtained an arrest warrant."

Makes you wonder what else (Doc) Brady me be falsifying.. :lol:
Dmiller

Postby johann » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:44 pm

Holy Schadenfreude, Batman! That's absolutely Batsh*t crazy! :shock:
Even if Brady turns out to be mentally ill, as I suspect, my sympathy lies with the victims, not the bully.
Johann
johann

Postby johann » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:58 pm

Matt wrote:AAHEA has posted this claim on their website http://www.aahea.org/accreditation.htm. Application for CHEA recognition. But apparently nothing further has taken place....

I guess not, Matt. Of course it would never fly. It looks like that particular page (accreditation) has since been taken down. I'd like to see that happen to the rest of the org. The word "Non-Governmental" has been added in smaller letters over the word "Accreditation" on the home-page, making the name "American Association of Higher Education and Non-Governmental Accreditation."

Looks like the hasty-looking name-change might be an attempt to stay out of acute trouble with authorities. If so, I hope it doesn't work! The whole site is rife with unwarranted (as I see them) allusions to the (usurped) 140-year history of the AAHE.

It is what it is. :(

Johann
johann

Re: Address Change?

Postby johann » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:18 am

The beast has apparently moved to GRANDVIEW MO. Hey, we've cussed-and-discussed unaccred. schools there before! Wonder if there's any connection with other known "Beasts of Grandview" and their various heirs, assigns, successors, failures, flacks and fart-catchers etc.? :)

From the AAHEA website:

Central USA Offices
American Association of Higher Education Accreditation (AAHEA)
12110 Grandview Road, #A-B
Grandview, MO 64030
USA

Yep - BARNHART SECURITY AND ALARM and "International University of Ministry and Education" at same address! Case closed! :D :D

Johann

PS - Readers who don't recognize the name will do well to use the DegreeDiscussion search-gadget for "Barnhart" :)
johann

Re: And here's TIU's website

Postby johann » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:29 am

http://www.tiu.org/home/ "Validated and life member of AHHEA." :)

Interesting pic from the "gallery" http://www.tiu.org/home/tiu_gallery/pages/G6.html

L to R - Dr. James Janos, Prof. Robert Ray Hill, Prof. Stephen Barnhart, Prof. Chris Campbell, formerly of St. Regis U.

You can look 'em all up here on DD :)

Johann
johann

Postby johann » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:46 am

I should add- that's Prof. Campbell who was formerly with St. Regis Uni. - not the others, AFAIK.

Johann
johann

Re: My last post on this topic.

Postby johann » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:07 am

AAHEA Pres. "Doc" Brady and AAHEA VP Prof. Erantha de Mel are featured in other organizations too - e.g. both of 'em here: http://www.hypnosisboard.com/brady.htm

Erantha de Mel also has a "Self Growth" page. We've already seen Brady's. De Mel's is here.
http://www.selfgrowth.com/experts/prof_ ... e_mel.html

There-- that info should last us about 100 years. I'm outa this thread. :mrgreen: 'Bout time...

Johann
johann

Postby RichardMcGee » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:09 pm

Brady is a punk and a joke. He likes to pretend he used to be a cop, used to be a lawyer, used to be this, used to be that, but the fact is he's nothing but a con man. He's currently being sued by two prior landlords for failing to pay rent on office space for either his AAHEA scam, or his National Board for Professional and Ethical Standards scam. Of course now that he's been called out on his NBPES scam he's claiming he is "retired" and hasn't been the head of that scam in years. I know Dennis A. Brady, also known as Dennis Alan Brady, also known as Denis A. Brady, also known as D.A. Brady, also known as Doc Brady and have known him for a few years now. He and his wife Tonya Houghton are both as crooked as a country road and Brady has a bunch of mental issues that will quickly manifest themselves once you have the temerity to question his made-up background. He's a total scumbag who loves to bully people who won't fight back or stand up to him. Why he's not in jail by now, I don't know, but that day should be coming soon.
RichardMcGee

Previous

Return to Unaccredited Programs