The AAHEA accreditation splooie

Discussions on the value or merit of unaccredited programs and institutions.

The AAHEA accreditation splooie

Postby g-gollin » Thu May 29, 2008 9:03 pm

Here's a ripe cheese of an organization: the "American Association for Higher Education and Accreditation," a veritable Epoisses of astonishing brazenness.

It has gorked-up a large amount of content from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training, a U.S. Department of education-recognized accreditor.

For example: see this snake-in-the-box AAHEA "fee schedule" page: http://www.aahea.org/forms/2007%20FEE%20SCHEDULE.pdf. Its header says "Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training!"

There's a LOT more.

From inspection of the AAHEA web site and a little additional digging, it might be the case that AAHEA is run to some extent by a fellow who calls himself "Prof. Erantha De Mel Ph.D., D.Sc." De Mel claims to be a clinical psychologist, a "certified clinical hypnotherapist," a " pioneer in the area of developing Computer-based Psychometric Test Instruments incorporating adaptive questioning techniques with built-in lie-scales," and the managing director of a Sri Lankan software company called QNETsoft, which also provides some of the server tools for the AAHEA.org web site. But its Washington DC phone number is answered by a woman with an American accent who called over a supervisor who also has an American accent, without the least trace of foreign origin.

...to be continued...
g-gollin

Postby g-gollin » Thu May 29, 2008 9:04 pm

...AAHEA "membership" costs $99 per year.

The AAHEA phone number is (202) 293-6440. AAHEA claims to be an evolution of the "American Association for Higher Education" which used to be at One DuPont Circle, with the very same phone number. But an April 3, 2005 archive of the AAHE membership page at http://web.archive.org/web/200504031507 ... ership.htm
says this: "As of March 24, AAHE is no longer accepting memberships and is phasing out its operation." And Burton Bollag's September 22, 2006 Chronicle article http://chronicle.com/weekly/v53/i05/05a02701.htm refers to the "now disbanded American Association for Higher Education." (In another article he calls it "the now-defunct American Association for Higher Education.")

The AAHEA internet domain registration is hidden behind a privacy protection service, always a very bad sign.

The now-defunct AAHE domain www.aahe.org was openly registered to the American Association for Higher Education, with a DuPont Circle address, until the registration was acquired by "Arbor Consulting" in June 2005.

The domain registration for AAHEA.org has been privacy-protected since it was first created on January 30, 2007.

The AAHEA address now is 2020 Pennsylvania Ave NW #975. That corresponds to mailbox # 975 in "The UPS Store # 0404," and not a genuine office.

It'll be nice if the provisions relating to the term "accreditation" in the HEA reauthorization bill can be brought to bear on things of this sort.
g-gollin

Who's the BIG fromage?

Postby johann » Sat May 31, 2008 6:11 pm

Hi

It seems from the pages that Prof. Erantha de Mel, D.This & D.That is the outfit's VEEP. It's be interesting to know who the PREZ is - Could they maybe have a more notorious ...er, I mean, well-known "wizard-behind-the-curtain"? :)

Johann
johann

L'epoisses me contacte...

Postby g-gollin » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:47 am

I have received a Wombat from that Epoisses-of-a-goat AAHEA. Here is said Wombat:

Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 1:00 PM
Subject: Illegal Blog

August 1, 2008

To: George Gollin

Please be advised I was contacted by Dr. De Mel of AAHEA that you have posted an illegal blog in reference to himself and AAHEA. The information you have posted is completely inaccurate and in fact untrue. It is slander, defamation of character and restraint of trade. This information must be removed at once, failure to do so will result in an immediate multi-million dollar lawsuit filed against you your associate and ACCET. For your information there is only one point that has even a little bit of truth and has been twisted to fit your agenda.

AAHEA has almost a 140 years of service to the higher education community with an impeccable reputation and is of the highest standard. They have instructed me to take whatever steps necessary to stop you and ACCET from slandering its good name. If this does not stop you from slandering AAHEA and Dr. De Mel, blogging you and ACCET is certainly an option as two can certainly play the same game. The difference is I have all the time and resources available to me. I hope it will not be necessary to take the above steps in order to stop you from slandering the good name of AAHEA and Dr. De Mel. However you can rest assure we will not stop until we succeed in putting a stop to your illegal attacks. This is something we would expect from a 15 year old but not from an adult!
Please Govern Yourself Accordingly,

Dave Chesson, Legal Advisor

CC: File
Board of Directors
Dr. De Mel
g-gollin

Re: The AAHEA accreditation splooie

Postby John Bear » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:44 pm

I can find no evidence of an attorney named "Dave Chesson" -- but then a legal advisor may not be an attorney. The only use of that name in Washington is a person affiliated with the American Adertising Federation:

Dave Chesson
American Advertising Federation
1101 Vermont Avenue, NW Suite 500
Washington, DC 20005-6306
Phone: (202) 898-0089
Fax: (202) 898-0159
The American Advertising Federation (AAF), headquartered in Washington, D.C., acts as the "Unifying Voice for Advertising." The AAF is the oldest national advertising trade association, representing 50,000 professionals in the advertising industry.
John Bear

Postby Bill Huffman » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:56 pm

One would also expect a legal advisor writing cease and desist letters to understand that slander is verbal and libel is written defamation.
Bill Huffman

Postby Rich Douglas » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:01 pm

The two locations are approximately a mile apart. It is not the nearest UPS Store to Mr. Chesson's work address.
Rich Douglas

Postby uncle janko » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:59 pm

With that "illegal blog" term, perhaps his nearest UPS is in Red China.
Doing good, doing well, raising hope and raising hell. Janko Shave.
"Airplane music? Just like music for big bees, only louder."--Arnold Schoenberg
uncle janko

Postby hitman014 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:50 am

My name is Dave Saucier and I have done work for AAHEA in the recent past and so I certainly know more about them then you do. I can tell you for a fact that your blog is full of lies and half truths that are twisted to fit what you want and not the truth.

They have a 140 year old reputation of being a premier educational organization with an impeccable reputation without a single blemish or bad mark on them in the 140 years of non-profit service to higher education in this country. Can you say the same? NO you cannot, as I have read some of the internet blogs on you sir and you have a real bad reputation as a left wing activist who tries to use the power of the internet to destroy good people or organizations, who the hell do you think you are, God?

How dear you even imply that they are shady and are not legal or that they somehow are fraudulent. Shame on you for your innuendos and trying to use their good name to somehow advance your personal agenda or worse yet that of another.

Did you know that there is not a single paid person working for the organization and that has been the case for more than 5 years? No, you did not, you assumed the worst without ever verifying any of your lies.100% of the money goes to higher education, where is the fraud? You sir are the one who is fraudulent.

They will certainly sue you and I for one am glad as someone needs to stop people like you who go off half cocked and try to advance some personal agenda without any regard to the real truth!

You need to find something better to do, in the meantime you owe this great organization and its 20 dedicated directors (all of which are non paid) an apology!! Now let's see if you are a real man or the ass that the internet blogs say you are.

DeleteReplyForwardSpamMove...
Go to Previous message | Go to Next message | Back to Messages
| Full Headers
Check Mail
Compose
Search Mail Search Mail
Search the Web
hitman014

The Saucier's Apprentice, or Fantasia Finely Milled

Postby uncle janko » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:33 am

hitman014 wrote:My name is Dave Saucier and I have done work [what?] for AAHEA in the recent past [when?] and so I certainly know more about them [why?]then you do [you who?]. I can tell you for a fact that your blog is full of lies [document them, please] and half truths that are twisted to fit what you want [which is what, kind sir?] and not the truth. {If you twist lies do they become true?]

They have a 140 year old reputation [where?] of being a premier educational organization [define, please] with an impeccable reputation [nothing beats a reputable reputation] without a single blemish or bad mark [zits or hits]on them in the 140 years of non-profit [profitless] service to higher education [name some institutions served, please] in this country [not Uruguay, thank God!]. Can you say the same? NO you cannot [Whomever Mr Saucier is addressing is literate, and cannot speak as he does.], as I have read some of the internet blogs on you sir [me sir who sir?] and you have a real [block that adverb] bad reputation as a left wing activist [Aha!] who tries to use the power of the internet [Oooh!]to destroy good people [such as?] or organizations [such as?], who the hell do you think you are, God? [As a right-wing cleric, this strikes me as really (kids, that's an adverb) bad theology; your mileage may vary.]
How dear you [dear me!] even imply [he means state, mebbe] that they [AHEEHAH, or the "good people"?]are shady and are not legal or that they somehow are fraudulent [redundancy redounding]. Shame on you for your innuendos and trying to use their good name [Is that the reputation or the reputation's reputation? I'm confused, Mr Saucier.] to somehow advance your personal agenda [Blackberry? Palm Pilot? Scraps of paper?]or worse yet that of another [Whose? Why is that worse?].

Did you know that there is not a single paid person working for the organization [Sounds well-established to me.] and that has been the case for more than 5 years? [What happened for the other 135 years?] No, you did not [Thanks for telling me.], you assumed the worst {What could be worse than a splooie?] without ever verifying any of your lies. [Verifying them lies is awful tough.] 100% of the money [What money?] goes to higher education [Such as?], where is the fraud? {Do tell, kind sir!] You sir [no commanism here!] are the one who is fraudulent. [I bow to your expertise.]
They will certainly sue you and I for one am glad as someone needs to stop people like you [Who are "people like you"?] who go off half cocked and try to advance some personal agenda [What is that personal agenda?] without any regard to the real truth! [As opposed to the fake truth.]
You need to find something better to do, [comma splice] in the meantime you owe this great organization and its 20 dedicated directors [What are their names?] (all of which [whom] are non paid) [Proving what?] an apology!! Now let's see if you are a real man [Yes, I am.]or the ass that the internet blogs say you are. [Oh my; which blogs? All of them? Really???]

DeleteReplyForwardSpamMove...
Go to Previous message | Go to Next message | Back to Messages
| Full Headers
Check Mail
Compose
Search Mail Search Mail
Search the Web

Too many sauciers spoil the gravy train.
uncle janko

Postby hitman014 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:12 pm

Hello Uncle, Please do your research before commenting. It is obvious Uncle, that you are uneducated in this area and must have a personal or financial gain concerning your comments.(AAHEA). I will not have a battle of witts with an unarmed person like your self. Albeit, I forgive you for your Ignorance and I will Pray for you!. Have a nice Day. P.S. Please do your research!!!!
hitman014

Postby Rich Douglas » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:26 pm

Hmmm. A fake accrediting outfit buys the abandoned domain of a real accrediting outfit, then claims the latter's history as its own. I'm sorry, what is there to "research"?

The whole "certified security awareness agent" stuff is a hoot. Running an accrediting outfit from a mailbox is even funnier. More? Where are the schools this thing accredits? They're certainly not listed on the website.

Gotta catch my breath....this research stuff is wearing me out. :roll:
Rich Douglas

Postby uncle janko » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:33 pm

Personal or financial gain? Me? :lol:

Hey Rich, didja see that donation perks list?
Gold chair, platinum chair, electric chair, porcelain throne...

Yep, research is tiring.
uncle janko

Postby hitman014 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:20 pm

Please Please learn how to research a topic. Looks like you all need additional education.
hitman014

Postby hitman014 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:32 pm

Hello Mr. Bear, Do you know how to use spell check? A man with all those Degrees. WOW!!!!
hitman014

Next

Return to Unaccredited Programs