Yet another Bible College in beautiful Lake Charles.......

Discussions on the value or merit of unaccredited programs and institutions.

Re: Yet another Bible College in beautiful Lake Charles.......

Postby Hungry Ghost » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:08 pm

sadi1781 wrote:Sincerely profesor, holy bible explanation, ONLY THE BIBLE is your book of study, you not have humanistic, pagan or apostate doctrines or material, you go to study the Bible and only the Bible, with all the rules for interpretation, how to do a great message, understand chapters, books fo the bible and you can study Theology, Religion, Ministry, Biblical Counseling, Divinity included.

People "earn" "doctorates" at Oval, without having read any books other than the Bible?

Study the bible its not a complicate book, is a spiritual book and experience.

Where's Bill Grover when we need him?? I bet that he'd have something to say about that.

TRUST YOUR CHRISTIAN EDUCATION A COLLEGE TO OBEY GOD AND HIS WORD. You dont need a secular acreditation, YOU NEED THEOLOGICAL ACREDITATION.

Oval claims that it's "accredited" by something called the -- American Accrediting Association of Theological Institutions, Inc., P.O. Box 8939, Rocky Mount, NC 27804-6939.

http://www.ovalbiblecollege.com/history.html

So Oval apparently isn't against this-worldly accreditation in principle. It's only against accreditation by accreditors that the rest of American higher education recognize as credible.

OVAL BIBLE COLLEGE IS NOT A DIPLOMA MILL, IS A CHRISTIAN, BIBLICAL DIPLOMA OR DEGREE WITH QUALITY KNOWLEDGE. TRUST IN GODS EDUCATIONALS INSTITUTIONS.

Religious education not need the secular humanistic, atheism, acreditation, YOU NEED GOD ACREDITATION.

Oval's a member of God's own system of higher education and accredited by God himself? Amazing.

Bottom line: I guess that what Oval is doing is legal, given the reality of religious exemptions here in the United States. Having said that, I don't see any reason at this point to believe that Oval diplomas have any academic meaning.
Hungry Ghost

Postby johann » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:09 pm

A former forum-buddy of mine - from somewhere I hardly post any more - has a couple of 100% legit degrees he worked long and hard for. A while ago, he proudly announced he'd "become addicted" to DL, and had just completed an Oval Bible College Doctorate..and was going to pursue another "doctorate" at this place: http://www.bibleuniversity.ca I just about fell over! We've discussed that utter sham here, in a Bible University-Pakistan thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8936&p=66521&hilit=Bible+University#p66502

Told him what I thought of Oval and B.U. -- never heard from him again. :mrgreen:

Johann
johann

Postby Jimmy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:25 pm

If one is going to go the Oval route, this is a better choice.
Jimmy

The Hunger Site
Jimmy

Postby Jimmy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:37 pm

Titus wrote:
Jimmy wrote:If one is going to go the Oval route, this is a better choice.

Why not go all the way? http://www.universitydegree.com :shock:

Because I haven't found Jay Wise to be an honorable or sincere man. Freelandia is run by sincere individuals.
Jimmy

The Hunger Site
Jimmy

Postby scottae316 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:21 am

sadi1781 wrote:
TRUST YOUR CHRISTIAN EDUCATION A COLLEGE TO OBEY GOD AND HIS WORD. You dont need a secular acreditation, YOU NEED THEOLOGICAL ACREDITATION. OVAL BIBLE COLLEGE IS NOT A DIPLOMA MILL, IS A CHRISTIAN, BIBLICAL DIPLOMA OR DEGREE WITH QUALITY KNOWLEDGE. TRUST IN GODS EDUCATIONALS INSTITUTIONS.

While this may be from the website, if not notice how the English is decent and not like the other parts of this and sadi1781"s other posts? :?
scottae316

Postby Jimmy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Titus wrote:
Jimmy wrote:Because I haven't found Jay Wise to be an honorable or sincere man. Freelandia is run by sincere individuals.

The individuals may indeed be sincere (whether Freelandia or elsewhere), however, this does not equate to given norms of academic integrity in terms of degree requirements. It would be much more beneficial to their students if such places offered only certificates or diplomas--not degrees.

I don't disagree with you in principle. However, academic integrity is a relevant term when it comes to religion. For instance, in many Baptist and Pentecostal groups, one doesn't even need a degree of any type to be ordained and serve as pastor. Some of these groups ordain at a very young age. If schools like Freelandia work in these situations, I see nothing wrong with them.
Jimmy

The Hunger Site
Jimmy

Postby nosborne48 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:36 pm

Read "Elmer Gantry". Best book ever written on the subject of American fundamentalism. :roll:
Una cosa mala nunca muere.
nosborne48

Postby johann » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:32 pm

nosborne48 wrote:Read "Elmer Gantry". Best book ever written on the subject of American fundamentalism. :roll:

For sure! And Nosborne's is the best post in the thread. :)

Johann
johann

Postby sadi1781 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:35 pm

Jimmy wrote:Now located in Lawrenceville, GA and charging $300 per degree.

Exactly and you can do a two degree for only $500.00, ¿Why? Because Oval Bible dont need you money, they only have love for the people and to prepare all mans and womens of God in bible knowledge without take your money and do a expensive educational program only because they have a $20,000 acreditation institution. They have theological acreditation, not secular.

sadi1781
sadi1781

Postby johann » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:36 pm

Post deleted.

Johann
johann

Postby Jimmy » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:56 am

johann wrote:
nosborne48 wrote:Read "Elmer Gantry". Best book ever written on the subject of American fundamentalism. :roll:

For sure! And Nosborne's is the best post in the thread. :)

Johann

The movie was excellent as well. Of course, anything Burt Lancaster did was outstanding.
Jimmy

The Hunger Site
Jimmy

Postby johann » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Jimmy wrote:The movie was excellent as well. Of course, anything Burt Lancaster did was outstanding.

Yea, verily - on both counts! I saw Elmer Gantry, and it's my second-favourite Burt Lancaster film. My favourite is The Rose Tattoo, which was also my first exposure to the work of Tennessee Williams. I was 12 or 13 at the time (1955 or '56) and it made a lasting impression. :)

Johann
johann

Postby sadi1781 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:09 pm

I read all your post about Oval Bible College. Is important note that you dont have a real argument. All biblical college dont need secular, humanistic, atheism, $$$$ interesting acreditation. All of as know that our biblical college only need God Acreditation, christian acreditation, theological acreditation. You can try to say that our biblical college are a diploma mill, but we have a very powerful acreditation, God and his Holy Spirit Acreditation and his word, the bible acreditation. Im a doctor in Theology and in Counseling, Ph.D. study in Oval Bible College. I feell confident, proud of my diplomas and degree. I visit many church, Im in debates about religion, bible, prophesy, escatology and have a very good knowledge, thanks to Oval Bible College.

When I speak to others doctors in Theology, that they study in other colleges or universitys that have been acredited to secular, humanist organizations, I know the same theology and more biblical knowledge. Because we have completely biblical foundation and knowledge. You can critized biblical colleges, that no have secular, humanistic, goverment acreditation. In the real live this is not important to us, because we work for God and Jesus Christ his son to preach the gospel to all word.

I invite to all christian, study in biblical college that have christian and theological acreditation. Dont hear people not christian, that only think in secular acreditation. The religion and secularism have different orientation. Our authority to study in Oval Bible and believe in this method of study IS THE BIBLE, AND ONLY THE BIBLE. If you dont believe in the bible, thats okey, you dont need our biblicals organizations. We dont trust in secular acreditation, but trust in AAATI, as a Christian, biblical acreditation.

(Sorry for my english Im a speaker spanish).
sadi1781

Postby johann » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:26 pm

sadi1781 wrote:...we have a very powerful acreditation, God and his Holy Spirit Acreditation...

And if His Divine Signature is on the Accreditation Documents, I'll take back anything I said!

If not - well, maybe I should rent a flamethrower and start calling people wazoos. (No se preocupe, sadi1781. I won't - it's an inside joke, that's all.) :) Where I come from (Canada) you would not be able to confer degrees. You could teach as you wished, and issue all the diplomas and certificates you wanted -- but not degrees. That is, not unless the school qualified for the same degree-granting authority as mainstream universities, including some fine religious schools.

I love Louisiana -- laissez les bons temps rouler! :)

Johann
johann

Re: Yet another Bible College.. in NC this time...

Postby johann » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:30 am

Uh-huh. This one, right? http://www.christianbiblecollege.org/index.htm ... Oh joy, more self-accredited "Doctorates" etc.

I'm surprised how many schools claim "Accreditation by God." Even though, according to Scripture, The Almighty can accomplish miracles in an instant -- I thought He might have more pressing matters to take care of.... :(

Johann
johann

PreviousNext

Return to Unaccredited Programs