MBA in Project Management - Distance Education

Discussions specifically related to distance education.

MBA in Project Management - Distance Education

Postby kumar54321 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi My Friends,

I am looking for your help and support in getting some information on best and affordable distance online program for MBA in Project management.

And I also wanted to know which online university is best and affordable for my requirement and how many months it requires to complete the program.

In addition I dint have any bachelor degree, I only have passed my High school after that I have done my diploma in Multimedia through that I got a job in ELearning company and currently I completed more than 5 years there and I wanted to know if I can quality for getting my Masters degree in Project Management?

Look forward for your advise and guidance in achieving my academic goals.

Regards,

Mr. Kumar
kumar54321

Re: MBA in Project Management - Distance Education

Postby johann » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:43 pm

Mr. Kumar -

There are many good schools in this field -- but very few good ones, distance or otherwise, that will accept students without a bachelor's degree. I know of just one program that has an extremely good reputation and is known to admit applicants who lack a degree, but who otherwise demonstrate that they are likely to succeed. That program is a British one - the Heriot-Watt MBA. Here is the link to their MBA program with Project Management specialization:

http://www.ebsglobal.net/programmes/project-management

The program is neither inexpensive nor easy - but it has a very good reputation. If any members know other good-quality distance schools that occasionally admit students, who are otherwise suitable but do not hold degrees, to an MBA program in Mr. Kumar's chosen specialty - please post the info. Both he and I will be better-informed. Thanks. :)
johann

Online College Courses

Postby pembrokeuniversity » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:38 am

Pembroke University offers affordable online education and online certifications in business management. Online courses are offered in a 6-week format, facilitated by your personal professor who mentors and tracks your progress through the course material. Each online program includes text books, assignments, quizzes and exams. You'll receive feedback directly from your professor by online chat and through the graded assignments. You'll have the option to schedule online sessions with your professor every week during the course.

Visit: [Link disabled by Adminstrator]
pembrokeuniversity

Re: Online College Courses

Postby Hungry Ghost » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:30 pm

pembrokeuniversity wrote:Pembroke University offers affordable online education and online certifications in business management. Online courses are offered in a 6-week format, facilitated by your personal professor who mentors and tracks your progress through the course material. Each online program includes text books, assignments, quizzes and exams. You'll receive feedback directly from your professor by online chat and through the graded assignments. You'll have the option to schedule online sessions with your professor every week during the course.

My suggestion to Degreediscussion's readers is DO NOT, under any circumstances, send this individual any of your money until you learn precisely where "Pembroke University" is physically located, and until after you verify "Pembroke's" legal and academic status with the relevant authorities in that jurisdiction.

Pembroke-university.com is registered anonymously. The site has a nice little shopping cart for various programs, it drops Harvard's and Oxford's names without having anything remotely to do with those universities, but somehow it fails to reveal where "Pembroke University" is located. Let alone who accredits it.

BE CAREFUL.
Hungry Ghost

It exists on a server!

Postby johann » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:22 pm

Hi

Dug through WHOIS. It'sa GoDaddy creation, living in HostGator-land. No other info. Perps could be from Pakistan, Hutt River Province, anywhere!
Pass on this for sure! Note - their MBA "Certificate" is not a degree - not even a fake one, yet it costs $7,500!

For that kind of money, one could (nearly) get a RA MBA degree - (Amberton, $8,400).

This is totally off-the-wall ridiculous!

Johann
johann

Postby johann » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:20 pm

(1) This place does not appear to be a "University." No, not even a bogus one. It issues certificates only; no degrees, not even fake ones!
(2) Its name was obviously hand-picked, to be DECEPTIVELY close to:

(a) University of North Carolina at Pembroke AND
(b) Pembroke College, Oxford University

A not-so-clever umm...thing. Again, I'll say "no" to the cretin-ficates. :evil:

Johann
johann

Postby Eric » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:44 am

MBA in PM with PMI certification as PMP and PrgMP.
Program Management Professional may be tool that can propel your career to managing awesome projects for leading companies.
Combine the two and take the exams wile you are in the MBA program.
Eric

"The best social program is a good job,"
President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby johann » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:32 pm

That's great advice, Eric. And if Mr. Kumar takes it, I hope he indeed winds up managing "awesome projects for leading companies."
I still think, however, that he has a choice of exactly one good distance MBA program - The Heriot Watt - that will possibly admit him without an undergrad degree. If anybody (other than spammers) can suggest some more good distance MBA alternatives for his situation - I'd enjoy being proven wrong! :)

Johann
johann

Postby Eric » Tue May 01, 2012 4:40 am

johann I agree that the program of HWU is a good one.
One of the companies I worked for the VP of Engineering had HWU MBA.

I think in the world of MBA there is increasing division between AACSB accredited and non AACSB accredited MBA degree programs.

I'm not an expert. But HWU is not AACSB accredited last time I checked.
Eric

"The best social program is a good job,"
President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby johann » Tue May 01, 2012 10:22 pm

You're 100% right, Eric. No programmatic accreditation. Basically, they believe that seeking this sort of accreditation creates intense rivalry but not necessarily much else. Here's part of HWU's (Edinburgh Business School's) statement:

"To date, EBS has not sought to pursue additional accreditation from the main agencies that provide value-added accreditation for business programmes: EQUIS (the European Quality Improvement System); AACSB; and AMBA (UK Association of MBAs)."

(1) Suffice it to say -- they DO have 10,000+ active students and say that over 40% of Fortune 500 companies have students there.
(2) Do you know any schools with AACSB accreditation that will possibly admit our poster, Mr. Kumar, to MBA studies without an undergrad degree? I don't...

Johann
johann

Postby Eric » Tue May 01, 2012 11:35 pm

I agree again, HWU may ask for completion of two additional modules in the beginning of the program to grant the students ( BA level) and increase their chances for successful completion of the program.

Also if ECE evaluation may be required then they ECE will evaluate the HWU MBA as equivalent to US AA degree.
As Dr. Bear tells us, they used to do that in the past.

HWU is a great choice for the MBA. The program at one time was ranked among top 5 international MBA programs by the economist.

:-)
Eric

Re: One more school for Mr. Kumar...

Postby johann » Sat May 12, 2012 12:47 am

Hi again, Mr. Kumar!

I'm not sure if they still do this...but I read an old (2007 or 2008) post on another forum. Apparently Aspen U. was offering to enrol some few MBA candidates with no undergrad degree. Applicants were required to submit - among other things - a detailed resume showing 15 years of progressive work experience. And Aspen DOES have an MBA with specialization in Project Management.

How long would the course take? I dunno. I've heard of well-motivated people finishing a program like this in 18 months. I think there might have been a (very) few who could do it in less. Maybe you can knock off twelve 3-credit courses in a year --- :) Tuition is $8100 to 10,200, depending on method of payment.

Aspen is a DETC (Nationally) accredited school. As I might have said some time ago, one of my personal heroes, Michael Milken, was a founder of Aspen's predecessor school, ISIM University. You might find it interesting to Google him.

Aspen's here. http://www.aspen.edu

Johann
johann

Postby Sherin ilias » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:51 am

No, I won’t recommend you going for distance based educations. There are many reasons to support it. Few being: employers often prefer person with regular degree rather than online or distance based. It can impact your future career too as people don’t consider people with distance education worthy.
Sherin ilias

Postby GSingh » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:29 am

If you did not complete your graduation than it will be difficult for you to do MBA in the project management..

It is ok, that so many people share the different distance centers to you who provide the facility to study of master degrees without any graduation..

But this is not a good way to do master degree..
GSingh

Postby Aashirya » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:13 am

If your goals is to land a job having six figure salary then it is very important that you choose your school very carefully. Recently, new schools who have Thunderbird laureate alumni onboard are opening and they are just right for you as experience and expertise of staff there will help you to get six figure job.
Aashirya

Next

Return to Distance Learning