Master in Logistics/Supply Chain Management

Discussions specifically related to distance education.

Master in Logistics/Supply Chain Management

Postby jamaljan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:32 pm

hi...

i'm looking for a distance learning Masters degree in logistics/Supply Chain Management. I've googled a lot but most of the degrees are quite expensive. My budget is around $1200.

Can someone please recommend me a degree which matches my budget?

PS. If the course also includes an aspect of humanatarain logistics, it would be good.
jamaljan

Re: Master in Logistics/Supply Chain Management

Postby Jessicakayla » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:13 am

Supply Chain Management is the management of a network of operations that is concerned with production of good to their delivery at a destination.Supply chain management deals with the management of movement of raw materials into the organization and movement of finished goods out to the consumer market.
Jessicakayla

Postby johann » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:20 pm

$1,200? Sorry, I really don't know how to help -- at least not very much. You'll find nothing legit at less than several times that price in North America. Prices will be nowhere near that low, even at a South African school, where distance ed. is very good and comparatively inexpensive.

The only place where you'd have even a remote chance of finding something near that price range is India. And if you're not an Indian resident (or at least a SAARC country resident) then they'll likely charge you more than the locals. Local prices may fit your budget. Foreign prices may not.

I suggest you might start with http://www.ignou.ac.in and http://www.mkuniversity.org -- both good schools, so I'm told.

Johann
johann

Postby johann » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:10 pm

I did a bit of looking.

Yes - in India, if you can avail yourself of in-country prices, you should be able to complete your Master's for US $1,200. As an example, here's a primarily distance MBA in Supply Chain Management - 4 semesters, about $240 each. http://www.iimm.org/education/mba--s-chain.html

This is just a sample, to show it's possible -- not a recommendation. I think for this one you have to apply (take a test) at an Indian University and there's some occasional on-campus weekend study, so it may not suit you. Also, I'm not a reliable source when it comes to degree-granting authority of schools in India. There are others on this board who know more about that.

Just saying (again) -- if you want a legitimate Master's in any field for $1,200 -- India is the only place I know where it is still possible to earn one that can be recognized elsewhere.

Johann
johann

Return to Distance Learning