Taft MBA for 3500

Discussions specifically related to distance education.

Taft MBA for 3500

Postby Eric » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:23 pm

http://www.masteraims.org/d/index.php/a ... f-business

MBA for 3500 and DBA 10000

They will offer degrees via Taft (William Howard Taft University - DETC accredited)

Enrollment is subject to the university admission policies, standards, and other requirements. You should visit www.taft.edu right away for the full details.
Eric

"The best social program is a good job,"
President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Re: Taft MBA for 3500

Postby nosborne48 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:28 pm

Wow. An MBA for about 3/5 what I paid Taft Law for my LL.M.? I wonder if Taft is feeling some price pressure from Andrew Jackson U. But AJU doesn't offer a DBA.
Una cosa mala nunca muere.
nosborne48

Postby johann » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:20 pm

nosborne48 wrote:I wonder if Taft is feeling some price pressure from Andrew Jackson U.....

One way to beat the competition, whoever they are: offer something they don't.
Another way: offer something they do have, at a lower price.

Looks like both strategies are at work here. Although AJU does not offer one, there are other DETC DBA programs (e.g. Columbia Southern) but not in the same ballpark, price-wise. (CSU base price, >$18,000, whitewalls and radio extra. :) )

There are other low-cost DETC MBA programs -AJU and Aspen, to name two - but this equals or betters the cost of any. Come to think of it, Dr. Lady, founder of AIMS Research Foundation and Dean of the W.E. Deming Business School, was formerly President of Aspen (DETC), so he's experienced in how these programs get done....good for him!

Johann
johann

Postby nosborne48 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:30 pm

Interesting.

The student gets a fair discount to $195/hour for the first 12 hours then pays $60/hour for the next 12 hours, then just $30/hour for the final 12 hours.

Looks to me like the school is front loading the tuition (and reducing it substantially as well) in order to encourage completion. That might have as much to do with Congress as with meeting the competition.
nosborne48

Postby Eric » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:54 pm

How is this schol?

How many proctored exams, for example Aspen has only two proctored exams that requier one to go to a testing center like prometric or something.

AJU has 2 proctored exams per class that is 24 proctored exams per program.

I wander how WHTU is ?
Will visit their site to see what they say. Just curious.

Any info?
Eric

"The best social program is a good job,"
President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby nosborne48 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:11 pm

Taft University and Taft Law School are now separate entities under a common management (it says here) but since the division happened fairly recently, perhaps my experience will aid you:

-Courses come in two modalities, on-line classroom style, which I did none of, and straight correspondence study based on directed readings and a series of written assignments. Lots of written assignments. Lots and LOTS of written assignments.

-Final Exams come in two flavors as well, take-home types and proctored objective tests. My courses divided about half-and-half. The proctored exams are taken under the supervision of a member institution of the Consortium for College Testing (or something like that). I took mine at the University of Texas at El Paso and the El Paso Community College. There were no proctored (or any other sort of) mid-terms.
nosborne48

Postby dlady » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:30 am

Hi Everyone:

Just found this post, thanks for mentioning Taft. I’ll start haunting degreediscussion a little more often!

If anyone has any questions about this feel free to email me at david.lady@masteraims.org.

Also, we just put up a short video on the main AIMS page explaining some of this. It turns out that I’m not a very good spokesperson, but I am all we have! :shock:

DEL
dlady

Return to Distance Learning