Online DBA Advice

Discussions specifically related to distance education.

Online DBA Advice

Postby vjp467 » Fri May 20, 2011 1:36 pm

First post here and slightly out of desperation.

After nearly 5 years in pursuit of a DBA/Management at Northcentral University, I have hit a wall. I've completed the core courses and research course (12 courses total) and my concept paper was accepted (with revision). However, I have become disillusioned with the recent changes, and I fear continued cost and frustration will put me over the edge.

Thus, I would like to enroll in another school. Ideally, some of my work at NCU will be transferred. I would appreciate suggestions/thoughts/ideas/and alternatives.
Primary goal is to continue my dissertation and eventually obtain a DBA (or Ph.D). Time and cost are not a concern at this time...just an online school that works with students towards obtaining their goal. Thanks!
vjp467

Re: Online DBA Advice

Postby nosborne48 » Fri May 20, 2011 3:29 pm

If you are okay with a DETC accredited school instead of a regionally accredited one like you are in, I can tell you that my experience with Taft Law School was very positive. The affiliated Taft University offers a DBA entirely through distance education.

I think you might make a very unpleasant discovery, though...most of your NU coursework may not transfer. Bizarre, I know, but Taft says it won't take more than 15 transfer semester hours toward the DBA so you would be almost starting over.

www.taftu.edu
Una cosa mala nunca muere.
nosborne48

Postby SteveFoerster » Fri May 20, 2011 5:02 pm

Honestly? I'd suck it up and finish there. You'll probably have to go nearly all the way back to start otherwise. And like the saying goes, if it didn't suck, it wouldn't be grad school.

-=Steve=-
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Postby vjp467 » Fri May 20, 2011 6:06 pm

Thanks, Norma, I will look into Taft.

Steve, I'm not out yet - just exploring. It may be worth taking a step back depending upon the circumstances.
vjp467

Postby nosborne48 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:22 pm

"Norma" :D

Guess I'd better change my screen name again. For some reason, the obvious similarity of Norma Desmond and my own first name escaped me but I can see that it's too confusing. But I am in fact a "Norman" not a "Norma"!

Too bad, though...like Dr. Levicoff, I have a certain fascination with Norma Desmond.

"I AM big. It's the PICTURES that got small."
Una cosa mala nunca muere.
nosborne48

Return to Distance Learning