Andrew Jackson University! - flat fee pricing

Discussions specifically related to distance education.

Re: Andrew Jackson University! - flat fee pricing

Postby Eric » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:54 pm

nosborne48 wrote:I have nothing against AJU other than its name. (But then, I think Washington and Lee needs to drop the "Lee" part, so there you are. A traitor is a traitor, however distinguished in appearance.) I obviously don't have any particular heartburn over DETC accreditation and no one could accuse AJU of price gouging.

Nevertheless...I don't think at an AJU MBA (for instance) is a particularly good choice for someone seeking to get into business managment from some other line of work. For someone already employed in management, the AJU degree might be a reasonable investment for advancement but the school's complete lack of reputation, the impossibility of creating networks for the student, and the nonexistence/impossibility of corporate recruiting all suggest to me that an established resident program would be a better investment even at a minor league state school.

These are things I considered when I decided to do my tax degree at Taft, by the way. Had I been at the start of my legal career rather than close to retirement, Taft would not have been an option. I'd have borrowed the money and gone to the University of Washington or Denver U. instead.

You do raise some good points, these should be apart of the decision when a person is enrolling.

Complete lack of reputation, the impossibility of creating networks for the student, and the nonexistence/impossibility of corporate recruiting - well the school is relatively new it has an opportunity to improve the above with the time.

Some food for tough, AJU MBA grad can join professional institutes and obtain networks for with other MBA's world wide, including local chapters. For example an Engineer or IT professional who is a member of IEEE can join Management society of the IEEE there are many MBA's there. ILM UK - Chartered Institute of Management UK and others.
MBA Association.

Are there RA universities like AIU and I'm not trying to turn this in to RA vs NA that also complete lack of reputation, the impossibility of creating networks for the student, and the nonexistence/impossibility of corporate recruiting?

I think that Steve Levcoff when he called their university as Mickey Mouse was wrong, I think if he checked their programs he would change his mind.
Eric

"The best social program is a good job,"
President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Previous

Return to Distance Learning