Andrew Jackson University! - flat fee pricing

Discussions specifically related to distance education.

Andrew Jackson University! - flat fee pricing

Postby Eric » Thu May 19, 2011 12:38 am

AJU continues to create innovative approaches to learning and the latest innovation is flat fee pricing which eliminates virtually all fees to attend Andrew Jackson University!

For 2011, students have two tuition plan options: (a) purchase a single course per 16 week semester or (b) purchase an unlimited number of courses per 16 semester for one flat fee.
Undergraduate students can choose the 1 course price of $499 or unlimited courses for a flat fee of $796
Graduate students can choose the 1 course price of $699 or unlimited courses for a flat fee of $1116
We also offer students three payment options; Option A, Option B and Option D.

Director of Admissions

Option A - pay in full with discount X%
Option B 4 equal payments per 16 week semester
Option D - deferred , employee tuition refurbishment etc

Estimated costs of books is 1500 for Graduate full 36 credit programs. ( up to 18 credit can be transfered)
For Bachelors degree the books can cost 2000K. for a full 120 credit program.
Eric

"The best social program is a good job,"
President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Re: Andrew Jackson University! - flat fee pricing

Postby levicoff » Thu May 19, 2011 10:43 am

Um, whoopee!

They're still mickey mouse.
levicoff

Postby Eric » Thu May 19, 2011 11:37 am

Its a small DL university offering applied degree education.

Steve its DETC so this tells you that its occupational in scope.
Graduates can afford this kind of education and in our time with all the open course ware, no one is stopping the students from using supplementing their studies with lectures from leading universities. I did that I got degree from DETC accredited World College. I used Stanford, MIT, RIT and some others on line lectures.
Today I'm an MBA student at WGU.

People have options and I do recommend that they get more for their $$$, if RA university degree is their goal no one is preventing them to go the RA rout.

The food I get at farmers market that gathers every Friday near by is better in quality then all the big chain grocery stores around us. It cost less, been doing this for some 20 years or more and forcing many of the grocery stores to have "Magic Friday" sale.

The inspected by state and federal agencies market provides good value for the buck.
Every one is free to try it and see if they like it, then they come back if they want. If it serves their needs.

Its free society,people have choices.

http://www.aju.edu/About/about_presidentsMessage.asp

I wish AJU and it graduates success.

By the end of Andrew Jackson's presidency there was no national debt, a condition that has not been duplicated by any subsequent United States president. The legacy of Andrew Jackson stands today as an example of what one determined individual can accomplish despite adversity.
Eric

President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby nosborne48 » Thu May 19, 2011 2:23 pm

Welll...you might want to learn a little bit more about Andrew Jackson and the kind of President he was before singing his praises quite so loudly. Let's see...he justified and encouraged the "spoils system" whereby political support at the highest and most local levels was the way to a federal job, he engaged in a brutal, cynical, and unnecessary ethnic cleansing campaign against the Cherokee Indians, in the process breaking his personal promise given in return for their loyalty, and he scuttled the Second Bank of the United States thus destroying the nation's currency and leading directly to the panic of 1837 and a long, miserable depression. The man was a vicious, racist, ignorant lout and I hold AJU's name against it for that very reason.

Andrew Jackson ranks with George W. Bush as one of the nation's five worst Presidents ever. Indeed, he is marginally worse even than GWB but does not quite sink to the level of our very worst President. That would be Woodrow Wilson.
Una cosa mala nunca muere.
nosborne48

Postby Eric » Thu May 19, 2011 6:31 pm

nosborne48 wrote:Welll...you might want to learn a little bit more about Andrew Jackson and the kind of President he was before singing his praises quite so loudly. Let's see...he justified and encouraged the "spoils system" whereby political support at the highest and most local levels was the way to a federal job, he engaged in a brutal, cynical, and unnecessary ethnic cleansing campaign against the Cherokee Indians, in the process breaking his personal promise given in return for their loyalty, and he scuttled the Second Bank of the United States thus destroying the nation's currency and leading directly to the panic of 1837 and a long, miserable depression. The man was a vicious, racist, ignorant lout and I hold AJU's name against it for that very reason.

Andrew Jackson ranks with George W. Bush as one of the nation's five worst Presidents ever. Indeed, he is marginally worse even than GWB but does not quite sink to the level of our very worst President. That would be Woodrow Wilson.

Well blame game is not new when it comes to appraising former US presidents.
Was it Clinton or Bush responsible for the 2008 recession or both? I'm sure there are different views and appraisals of the two and its last decade,

As to our 7th president

Here is one point of view:

Andrew Jackson
Seventh President of the United States

The son of poor Scotch-Irish immigrants, Andrew Jackson was the first President of the United States born in a log cabin. Orphaned at the age of 14, Jackson relied on the kindness of relatives for support.

As a teen, the young Jackson nearly died of smallpox in a prison camp during the American Revolution. He bore lifelong scars acquired when, as a prisoner of war, he refused to clean the boots of an enemy officer.

From the beginning, he displayed a fiery temper and dogged persistence. His aggressive independent lifestyle and manner made him a target of rumors for much of his early life.

Fortunately, Andrew Jackson directed his attributes and abilities into positive channels which led to state and federal politics, and eventually to the Presidency of the United States. Despite limited formal education, he became first a schoolteacher, then a lawyer, eventually becoming a judge, landowner, merchant, and general in the United States Army.

The road to the White House began when Jackson came to national attention as the military mastermind of the American victory at the Battle of New Orleans. Although a fierce soldier, he possessed a certain gentle nature which manifested itself in his respect for women and love of little children. He was tough as "Old Hickory," but harbored lifelong regrets for the slanderous attacks suffered by his beloved wife, Rachel, at the hands of his political enemies. He had no children of his own, but adopted and raised four orphaned nephews.

As President, Jackson increased the power of the Executive Office while reiterating states' responsibilities and individual rights for the common man. He believed that no group, class, or agency was entitled to special political or economic advantage. The Age of Jackson followed his election and Jacksonian Democracy was committed to the principle that all men were equal in their relationship with government.

By the end of Andrew Jackson's presidency there was no national debt, a condition that has not been duplicated by any subsequent United States president. The legacy of Andrew Jackson stands today as an example of what one determined individual can accomplish despite adversity.
Eric

President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby nosborne48 » Thu May 19, 2011 7:56 pm

Yup. He was still a pig. And paying off the debt accomplished no worthwhile end for the government or the country. I am very aware that A.J. is usually ranked as one of the ten best Presidents. So is Woodrow Wilson. The historians are wrong. And if you wait a bit longer, you'll see those judgments shift. Again.
nosborne48

Postby Jimmy » Fri May 20, 2011 2:12 am

nosborne48 wrote:...Andrew Jackson ranks with George W. Bush as one of the nation's five worst Presidents ever. Indeed, he is marginally worse even than GWB but does not quite sink to the level of our very worst President. That would be Woodrow Wilson.

Wilson was bad, real bad, but I would consider Grant our nation's worst president ever. As I've said before, GWB will go down as one of our best presidents. Truman and Carter are now considered better than their approval ratings while in office.
Jimmy

The Hunger Site
Jimmy

Postby BrandeX » Fri May 20, 2011 4:11 am

I don't know one way or the other (and don't personally care much, but this thread prompted me to learn more about presidents), but apparently "Scholars and experts rank him highly as president--on average as the sixth best president."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical ... ted_States

AJ is also a top 10'er.
BrandeX

Postby SteveFoerster » Fri May 20, 2011 1:18 pm

Jimmy wrote:Wilson was bad, real bad, but I would consider Grant our nation's worst president ever. As I've said before, GWB will go down as one of our best presidents. Truman and Carter are now considered better than their approval ratings while in office.

I always take those with a big grain of salt, since I expect it has something to do with the difference between the ideological median of the general public relative to that of academic historians.

-=Steve=-
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Postby Oregon » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:38 am

I'm always amazed at the good rankings New England liberal Kennedy gets when it was good old boy Lyndon Johnson who actually passed the civil rights legislation Kennedy should have. I think history will eventually be kind to GWB.
Oregon

Postby Eric » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:19 am

AJU seems to me above the standard. Locks like the most demanding DETC accredited MBA program.

I seen programs at RA DL schools with less work and supervision. I work with a developer who is in the AJU MBA program his words and past graduates AJU's standard is THAT high.

AJU courses are time consuming with two proctored exams per course.
AJU requires 70% passing grade on all the midterm and final exams in order to pass the course in addition to at times 40 assignments per class. You're given one more opportunity to take the failed exam. If you fail for the second time, you need to re-take the whole course all over again.

AJU's definitely not a walk in the park.

AJU's on the right track in fulfilling its commitment to provide quality education. The AJU site( www.aju.edu/Experience/experience_main.asp) gives an example of a course and you can see for yourself the amount of assignments,quizzes, and exams required.

The proctoru system used by many other universities, they use proctor via web cam.
http://proctoru.com/

The following universities use the proctoru system.
http://proctoru.com/partners.php

ProctorU is an online proctoring service that allows exam takers to complete their assessment at home while still ensuring the integrity of the exam for the institution.
Eric

President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby nosborne48 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:28 pm

I have nothing against AJU other than its name. (But then, I think Washington and Lee needs to drop the "Lee" part, so there you are. A traitor is a traitor, however distinguished in appearance.) I obviously don't have any particular heartburn over DETC accreditation and no one could accuse AJU of price gouging.

Nevertheless...I don't think at an AJU MBA (for instance) is a particularly good choice for someone seeking to get into business managment from some other line of work. For someone already employed in management, the AJU degree might be a reasonable investment for advancement but the school's complete lack of reputation, the impossibility of creating networks for the student, and the nonexistence/impossibility of corporate recruiting all suggest to me that an established resident program would be a better investment even at a minor league state school.

These are things I considered when I decided to do my tax degree at Taft, by the way. Had I been at the start of my legal career rather than close to retirement, Taft would not have been an option. I'd have borrowed the money and gone to the University of Washington or Denver U. instead.
nosborne48

Postby SteveFoerster » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:57 pm

nosborne48 wrote:I have nothing against AJU other than its name. (But then, I think Washington and Lee needs to drop the "Lee" part, so there you are. A traitor is a traitor, however distinguished in appearance.)

The juxtaposition of Washington not being called a traitor with Lee being called one suggests that whether one is or not depends largely on victory....

-=Steve=-
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Postby nosborne48 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:33 pm

In the case of a rebellion, the victor not only gets to write the history, he gets to define the terms. Of course! :) And Bobby Lee needed to die on the gallows for breaking his oath as an officer of the Army of the United States. :evil:
nosborne48

Postby Eric » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:54 pm

nosborne48 wrote:I have nothing against AJU other than its name. (But then, I think Washington and Lee needs to drop the "Lee" part, so there you are. A traitor is a traitor, however distinguished in appearance.) I obviously don't have any particular heartburn over DETC accreditation and no one could accuse AJU of price gouging.

Nevertheless...I don't think at an AJU MBA (for instance) is a particularly good choice for someone seeking to get into business managment from some other line of work. For someone already employed in management, the AJU degree might be a reasonable investment for advancement but the school's complete lack of reputation, the impossibility of creating networks for the student, and the nonexistence/impossibility of corporate recruiting all suggest to me that an established resident program would be a better investment even at a minor league state school.

These are things I considered when I decided to do my tax degree at Taft, by the way. Had I been at the start of my legal career rather than close to retirement, Taft would not have been an option. I'd have borrowed the money and gone to the University of Washington or Denver U. instead.

You do raise some good points, these should be apart of the decision when a person is enrolling.

Complete lack of reputation, the impossibility of creating networks for the student, and the nonexistence/impossibility of corporate recruiting - well the school is relatively new it has an opportunity to improve the above with the time.

Some food for tough, AJU MBA grad can join professional institutes and obtain networks for with other MBA's world wide, including local chapters. For example an Engineer or IT professional who is a member of IEEE can join Management society of the IEEE there are many MBA's there. ILM UK - Chartered Institute of Management UK and others.
MBA Association.

Are there RA universities like AIU and I'm not trying to turn this in to RA vs NA that also complete lack of reputation, the impossibility of creating networks for the student, and the nonexistence/impossibility of corporate recruiting?
Eric

President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Next

Return to Distance Learning