Complete list of accred. online schools

Discussions specifically related to distance education.

Complete list of accred. online schools

Postby Jimmy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:42 pm

Wanted to share this.
Jimmy

The Hunger Site
Jimmy

Re: Complete list of accred. online schools

Postby Jonathan Whatley » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:10 am

Ad-driven, ridiculously incomplete, lying through its teeth about being complete.

Some big names that come quickly to mind that are not included:
Excelsior College (!)
Athabasca University (US RA)
Chadron State College
Peru State College
Northwestern State University of Louisiana
Upper Iowa University
Goddard College
Lesley College
Saybrook University
Fielding Graduate University
Burlington College
Prescott College
University of Wyoming
The American College
California State University, Dominguez Hills (!)

I could go on but the point is made.

Meanwhile, included, what's this "Fowler Wainwright International Institute of Professsional Coaching?" From a quick look it seems its one product is a "Life Coach Training Course," where a "Sixteen Hour Live Online Certification Course" leads to a "Certified Professional Coaching Certificate." Again from a quick look it seems to hold no accreditation whatsoever, and stretches the definition of college, while this site is billed "Online Colleges. Search 250+ Top Accredited Online Colleges. Complete Guide to Accredited Online Colleges. Below are links to the top Online Colleges," etc., etc.

It's an embarrassing and incompetent site designed to get bounties for inquiries and/or clickthroughs, one of thousands. :(
Jonathan Whatley

Postby Jimmy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:31 am

I got the link off the Association for Humanistic Psychology website, a very reputable organization, and thought it was a pretty good link, overall.

Some may find it useful, some may not.

Such is the nature of choice.
Jimmy

The Hunger Site
Jimmy

Postby Jonathan Whatley » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 am

They might want to find a list that at least includes Saybrook! Oh, nor the Institute for Transpersonal Psychology. Atlantic University (Edgar Cayce-y) and Kona University (transpersonal; the former American Pacific University) do get on, I'll guess because they are DETC compiler included all or most DETC schools.

...Anyway, sites like this Online Colleges one are a dime a dozen but what's this? The Association for Humanistic Psychology has a list of graduate schools in house prominently including the peripatetic, unaccredited and surely embarrassing Bircham International University.
Jonathan Whatley

Postby Jimmy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:01 am

Jonathan Whatley wrote:They might want to find a list that at least includes Saybrook! Oh, nor the Institute for Transpersonal Psychology. Atlantic University (Edgar Cayce-y) and Kona University (transpersonal; the former American Pacific University) do get on, I'll guess because they are DETC compiler included all or most DETC schools.

...Anyway, sites like this Online Colleges one are a dime a dozen but what's this? The Association for Humanistic Psychology has a list of graduate schools in house prominently including the peripatetic, unaccredited and surely embarrassing Bircham International University.

Well, I don't know how they decide what links to place on their site but I'm sure you can email or call them to inquire if you're that interested. As for Edgar Cayce, so..........
Jimmy

The Hunger Site
Jimmy

Postby Jack » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:13 am

Here's one that I use. It may not be 100% complete but then, what is? http://www.utexas.edu/world/univ/state/
Here's another. http://www.genesis.net.au/links/unis/cdemello/geog.html
Jack

Postby Jimmy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:16 am

Jack wrote:Here's one that I use. It may not be 100% complete but then, what is? http://www.utexas.edu/world/univ/state/
Here's another. http://www.genesis.net.au/links/unis/cdemello/geog.html

Thanks, Jack.
Jimmy

The Hunger Site
Jimmy

Postby GeeBee » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:48 pm

Jonathan Whatley wrote:Ad-driven, ridiculously incomplete, lying through its teeth about being complete.
what's this "Fowler Wainwright International Institute of Professsional Coaching?"

I loved his "Dead Skunk In the Middle of the Road." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UejelYnVI3U
GeeBee

Return to Distance Learning