DBA - Doctor of Business Administration Online 100%

Discussions specifically related to distance education.

DBA - Doctor of Business Administration Online 100%

Postby beeroclock » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:59 pm

Dear All,

Hope you are well.

I am coming to the end of my MBA programme and i am excited and stimulated in pursing the DBA. I kindly wanted your advice on a reputable accredited DBA that can be completed 100% online and is fairly reasonable in price? I do not believe in paying an extraordinary amounts in fees, as long as the programme is accredited and reputable, at a decent price i will definitely enquire about this.

Your input would really be appreciated, and i would be thankful and so grateful for any replies helping me. I am based in the United Kingdom and want to continue working while completing the DBA this is why i am considering completing this 100% online. What is your views on an un-accredited DBA do you think this would be worthwhile pursuing? If anyone also has any 100% online un-accredited DBA Universities, please do send them across so i can review.

Many thanks indeed everyone for your time today. I wish you all well for the future. Take care.

All the very best,

James Shaw
beeroclock

Re: DBA - Doctor of Business Administration Online 100%

Postby SteveFoerster » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:28 pm

Hi James,

I'm not aware of any unaccredited DBA programmes worth recommending. A few questions:

1. Are you interested only in programmes at British universities? If not, are there any countries whose universities you wouldn't consider?

2. What's your goal? What do you want to be able to do that you cannot do now but believe you would be able to to do with a DBA?

3. Do you have a maximum price you would pay?

-=Steve=-
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Postby beeroclock » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:29 pm

Hello Steve,

Thank you for coming back to me.

1) I am not interested in only British Universities. I would consider a University anywhere in the world and have no restrictions on this.

2) With the MBA i will be working in managerial roles in a digital marketing company. I want to continue to work extremely hard in the company and hope over the next few years to reach the position of Chief Executive or a position in upper management. With a DBA i feel this would make me stand out from the crowd, if any internal positions appear. Do you think this would be beneficial or should i continue to work within the company without any further qualifications? I believe i will not be able to reach the position of Chief Executive without a DBA as this is a prestige position.

3) The maximum i would want to pay is around £23,000, i would not want to exceed this if possible.

Best Regards,

James Shaw
beeroclock

Postby SteveFoerster » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:14 pm

Given your goals, I would probably do one at the most prestigious UK university that will admit you that you can afford. I realize that Britons are more aware than Americans that there are other countries in the world, but this is an area where familiarity makes a difference. A DBA from a university in a developed country would be outside your price range, and one from an economically developing country might not meet your needs for prestige, unless perhaps it's one of the top South African universities, e.g., University of Cape Town, or University of the Witwatersrand.

If there were a prestigious American university that offered what you seek then I might say go with that, but most American universities don't offer DBA degrees by distance, and most of the ones that do, you wouldn't want to touch with a bargepole.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Return to Distance Learning