ACBSP Awards Candidate for Accreditation Status Charisma

Discussions specifically related to distance education.

Re: ACBSP Awards Candidate for Accreditation Status Charisma

Postby worldtraveler » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:48 pm

We live in the greatest time in history. Accreditation is great, if it works, but the system is so complex it is a friggen mess. In a country, like the Turks and Caicos, there is only one authority, the Ministry of Education (MOE). In the United States what we have is a damn mess. All fifty states have different laws, requirements regarding licensing a university and different policies, regulations and administrative staffs. Then if that isn't bad enough, the Department of Education appoints the Council on Higher Education (CHEA), who appoint the various accrediting agencies, Regional, National and Programmatic. Each accrediting body has different standards, rules, regulations and governing boards.

And after describing this complex and convoluted system, you and many of your partners have the gall, to criticize MOE recognition in the TCI. And now, I have to laugh that you have the nerve to trample on the very system you support, stating that ACBSP's "Candidate" standards for approving international universities isn't thorough enough. Ha Ha. What damn joke.

We use buzz words like competency based education, yet, we force students to take classes they have previous taken, simply because we say, it has been more than five years since the credits were earned. Simply put, greed is fueling the cogs of the US Educational System, not altruism. Every organization in the process gets to take a bite out of your a$$. Let's face it. You aren't interested in promoting a quality educational system in America. What a farce! It is GREED, GREED, GREED!!!
worldtraveler

Postby Eric » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:13 pm

worldtraveler wrote:We live in the greatest time in history. Accreditation is great, if it works, but the system is so complex it is a friggen mess. In a country, like the Turks and Caicos, there is only one authority, the Ministry of Education (MOE). In the United States what we have is a damn mess. All fifty states have different laws, requirements regarding licensing a university and different policies, regulations and administrative staffs. Then if that isn't bad enough, the Department of Education appoints the Council on Higher Education (CHEA), who appoint the various accrediting agencies, Regional, National and Programmatic. Each accrediting body has different standards, rules, regulations and governing boards.

And after describing this complex and convoluted system, you and many of your partners have the gall, to criticize MOE recognition in the TCI. And now, I have to laugh that you have the nerve to trample on the very system you support, stating that ACBSP's "Candidate" standards for approving international universities isn't thorough enough. Ha Ha. What damn joke.

We use buzz words like competency based education, yet, we force students to take classes they have previous taken, simply because we say, it has been more than five years since the credits were earned. Simply put, greed is fueling the cogs of the US Educational System, not altruism. Every organization in the process gets to take a bite out of your a$$. Let's face it. You aren't interested in promoting a quality educational system in America. What a farce! It is GREED, GREED, GREED!!!

WE heard all of this and it usually a line of thinking of not so wonderful school.

First of all there are many affordable state run universities that are RA and professionally accredited. Not everyone can go to expansive school. For example many states have programs for their students that usually cover Bachelors degree in full.
For example in California I heard there is program called Cal Grant. It awards CA residents up to 9,000 a year for the education in approved Cal Grant schools. I have a bunch of relatives living in San Diego and their kids are fully covered by Cal Grant studying in CSU.

As to the Greed - I think its charging people money for a product that will have problems in utility.
If some one needs to save and wants non US degree there are UNISA and others that are really affordable and have no issues with their recognition.

As I mentioned earlier I have no stake in any of the schools, but I do feel for the students and graduates because they are mislead in my humble opinion.

Please prove me wrong by providing real evidence, so far nothing I've seen is sufficient. Even if your school provides good education the diploma today has little utility if any at all.

Once your school achieves Accreditation from CHEA recognized agency or equivalent - Pravy Council in UK etc etc. then I will congratulate you and be happy for the graduates in the business degree or other fields.
Still what is the CU going to do about others who want to study Commuters or Psychology?
Work on recognized accreditation for all of your degrees. That's a good thing.
Eric

"The best social program is a good job,"
President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby SteveFoerster » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:27 pm

worldtraveler wrote:We live in the greatest time in history. Accreditation is great, if it works, but the system is so complex it is a friggen mess. In a country, like the Turks and Caicos, there is only one authority, the Ministry of Education (MOE).

That's true, although the movement within Caricom is for countries (broadly defined to include UK OSTs) to set up accreditation boards that are organizationally distinct from the Ministry of Education of that country. TCI seems to have moved partway in that direction, since they have a board, but it seems to support registration only, not institutional accreditation like the accreditation bodies in some other places in the region do. As I said earlier, though, until they expand their services in that area, that's what there is there, so that's what it's reasonable to expect TCI-based institutions to have done.

In the United States what we have is a damn mess. All fifty states have different laws, requirements regarding licensing a university and different policies, regulations and administrative staffs. Then if that isn't bad enough, the Department of Education appoints the Council on Higher Education (CHEA), who appoint the various accrediting agencies, Regional, National and Programmatic. Each accrediting body has different standards, rules, regulations and governing boards.

The U.S. system is extremely complex. One of my least favorite aspects of the U.S. system is where states like Maryland want universities based in and licensed in other states to get a license in that state if they have students from that state enrolled in an online program -- in other words, potentially requiring a school to go through the licensure process in all 50 states and 6 territories. That's insane.
Last edited by SteveFoerster on Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Postby worldtraveler » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:30 pm

Eric wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:We live in the greatest time in history. Accreditation is great, if it works, but the system is so complex it is a friggen mess. In a country, like the Turks and Caicos, there is only one authority, the Ministry of Education (MOE). In the United States what we have is a damn mess. All fifty states have different laws, requirements regarding licensing a university and different policies, regulations and administrative staffs. Then if that isn't bad enough, the Department of Education appoints the Council on Higher Education (CHEA), who appoint the various accrediting agencies, Regional, National and Programmatic. Each accrediting body has different standards, rules, regulations and governing boards.

WE heard all of this and it usually a line of thinking of not so wonderful school.

First of all there are many affordable state run universities that are RA and professionally accredited. Not everyone can go to expansive school. For example many states have programs for their students that usually cove Bachelors degree in full.

As to the Greed - I think its charging people money for a product that will have problems in utility.
If some one needs to save and wants non US degree there are UNISA and others that are really affordable and have no issues with their recognition.

As I mentioned earlier I have no stake in any of the schools, but I do feel for the students and graduates because they are mislead in my humble opinion.

Please prove me wrong by providing real evidence, so far nothing I've seen is sufficient. Even if your school provides good education the diploma today has little utility if any at all.

Once your school achieves Accreditation then I will congratulate you and be happy for the graduates in the business degrees.
Still what is the CU going to do about others who want to study Commuters or Psychology?

Let me see. More of the same Bull $h!t. So ASIC accreditation isn't good enough, Ministry of Education Recognition in the TCI isn't good enough, Membership in the American Council (ACE) (that recognizes the MOE's authority in the TCI) isn't good enough, and (taking a deep breath) (let it out WT), if that isn't enough, ACBSP Candidate Status, (which recognizes the MOE in the TCI), isn't good enough either! Now without sounding disrespectful. that is really funny.

Now let's face it, if the name of Yale or Harvard were located in the TCI, people like levicoff, a truck driver, would be calling it was a Mill, Mill, Mill. And others like you Eric and Rich Douglas would be stating that it doesn't have recognition. Ha Ha. All you are trying to do is confuse the readers here to keep them from enrolling in foreign education. I have watched this play out time and time again, because with all respect, it has to be RA (Regionally Accredited) or No Way!

Now I guess all of you are going to appoint yourselves as supreme authority on higher education in the United States. I don't think so. And another thing, you have no idea who is doing Charisma's evaluations. So take that and eat it! Even they have recognized Charisma University as equivalent to Regionally Accredited. :lol:
worldtraveler

Postby SteveFoerster » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:32 pm

Eric wrote:WE heard all of this and it usually a line of thinking of not so wonderful school.

I don't think that's fair. For one thing, it's not like there's no room for criticism of the American system. And more importantly, usually the not-so-wonderfuls specifically make an argument that accreditation is private, optional, and therefore superfluous and undesirable. WT isn't making that claim.
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Postby Eric » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:00 am

worldtraveler wrote:
Eric wrote:

First of all there are many affordable state run universities that are RA and professionally accredited. Not everyone can go to expansive school. For example many states have programs for their students that usually cove Bachelors degree in full.

Once your school achieves Accreditation then I will congratulate you and be happy for the graduates in the business degrees.

Let me see. More of the same Bull $h!t. So ASIC accreditation isn't good enough, Ministry of Education Recognition in the TCI isn't good enough, Membership in the American Council (ACE) (that recognizes the MOE's authority in the TCI) isn't good enough, and (taking a deep breath) (let it out WT), if that isn't enough, ACBSP Candidate Status, (which recognizes the MOE in the TCI), isn't good enough either! Now without sounding disrespectful. that is really funny.

Now let's face it, if the name of Yale or Harvard were located in the TCI, people like levicoff, a truck driver, would be calling it was a Mill, Mill, Mill. And others like you Eric and Rich Douglas would be stating that it doesn't have recognition. Ha Ha. All you are trying to do is confuse the readers here to keep them from enrolling in foreign education. I have watched this play out time and time again, because with all respect, it has to be RA (Regionally Accredited) or No Way!

Now I guess all of you are going to appoint yourselves as supreme authority on higher education in the United States. I don't think so. And another thing, you have no idea who is doing Charisma's evaluations. So take that and eat it! Even they have recognized Charisma University as equivalent to Regionally Accredited. :lol:

ASIC accreditation isn't good enough - Its great accreditation but Charisma University didn't get accredited yet , I'm talking about graduates who will graduate in the near future with unaccredited business degrees.
Basically with thousands of dollars spent on unaccredited business degree. How is this good for the students?

I will admit that my opinion about TCI approval is that its not I repeat not in pair with UK Royal Charter or US RA accreditation.
Its a loop hole in ACE - International member or actually maybe revenue generator as International member is not the same as Institutional member.

As I sad earlier I wish Charisma University success and care about students who will unfortunately have problems.
I almost feel that people are defrauded out of their hard earned money.

I will be the first to apologize if I'm proven wrong.

As to US system of higher education, yes its not perfect but it a good one.
We have a range of elite schools and affordable schools. What Russia is better? You can buy diplomas in a train station there and pay corrupt deans for passing diplomas.
Each country has its highs and lows.
Eric

President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:04 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Eric wrote:WE heard all of this and it usually a line of thinking of not so wonderful school.

I don't think that's fair. For one thing, it's not like there's no room for criticism of the American system. And more importantly, usually the not-so-wonderfuls specifically make an argument that accreditation is private, optional, and therefore superfluous and undesirable. WT isn't making that claim.

I re read the post I see how I over reacted.

But as I mentioned earlier there are affordable options as well. My relatives go to Cal State Universities all their tuition 100% covered by Cal Grant. So they will have Cal state degrees and not debt.
Eric

President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby worldtraveler » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:47 am

Eric wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:

I re read the post I see how I over reacted.

But as I mentioned earlier there are affordable options as well. My relatives go to Cal State Universities all their tuition 100% covered by Cal Grant. So they will have Cal state degrees and not debt.

Hey Eric,

Not everybody lives in California. Not everyone has a rich Daddy, a job with tuition reimbursement or are they able to borrow from the Federal Student Loan Program. Regardless of how hard you or your fellow forum members try to keep the news from getting out, it will. Charisma University degrees are ACBSP recognized, and based on their recognition in the TCI, they were given "Candidacy" and I am confident that the university will become fully accredited there. I have seen their curriculum and it is rigorous. Your feeble attempt to confuse the public will not work. And regardless of what you say, ASIC is a recognized UK Accrediting Body and the TCI's MOE recognizes Charisma and as a result, so does ACE and ACBSP.

I can keep beating a dead horse if you would like. Good Night, Best Wishes and Happy Easter. Regardless of our differences on the topic, Christ died for you also. God bless you.
worldtraveler

Postby Eric » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:26 am

Hey Eric,

Not everybody lives in California. Not everyone has a rich Daddy, a job with tuition reimbursement or are they able to borrow from the Federal Student Loan Program. Regardless of how hard you or your fellow forum members try to keep the news from getting out, it will. Charisma University degrees are ACBSP recognized, and based on their recognition in the TCI, they were given "Candidacy" and I am confident that the university will become fully accredited there. I have seen their curriculum and it is rigorous. Your feeble attempt to confuse the public will not work. And regardless of what you say, ASIC is a recognized UK Accrediting Body and the TCI's MOE recognizes Charisma and as a result, so does ACE and ACBSP.

I can keep beating a dead horse if you would like. Good Night, Best Wishes and Happy Easter. Regardless of our differences on the topic, Christ died for you also. God bless you.

You are the one who is confusing the public.
For employers and other universities etc they don't care about membership of CU, Universities will ask for NACES member report so if you post here such a verifiable report, it will be sufficient for me. Because NACES agencies are professionals in the field of foreign degree evaluation.
ASIC is not recognized as RA or UK Privy Council equivalent OK, so stop lying about it.

TCI, is unknown to me, so if NACES member agency provided a report that its equivalent to DOE in US or UK etc then it will be sufficient.
ACE international membership is noting, its not playing any role when graduate of CU apply's to RA university in USA, unless ACE reviewed CU's classes and provided recommendation. Do you have that - NO

ACBSP is a year or two away, I mean their accreditation so - all we have is candidacy which is as was stated earlier, CU filed application.

Now lets see, what is the cost of CU degree? 100 a unit do 300 for 3 units. 30 units 3,000.
Bachelor degree of 120 units 12,000. plus other fees so its closer to 15000.

compare to

http://patten.edu/patten-online/

Since 1944, Patten University has earned a reputation for carefully mentoring students and making a difference in our community.

A student can start his term every Monday. Each term is 4 months in duration.

Patten University is accredited by The Accreditation Commission for Senior Colleges, Universities of The Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), and the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.

Undergraduate Tuition

$1,316
Per Term (4 months)
Eric

President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby SteveFoerster » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:45 pm

worldtraveler wrote:Charisma University degrees are ACBSP recognized, and based on their recognition in the TCI, they were given "Candidacy" and I am confident that the university will become fully accredited there.

ACBSP acknowledges that Charisma is recognized in TCI, but I'm not sure that makes it reasonable to call Charisma "ACBSP recognized", especially since that's not how ACBSP itself puts it. Charisma's position here is strong enough without going down that sort of slippery slope.
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Postby Eric » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:21 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:Charisma University degrees are ACBSP recognized, and based on their recognition in the TCI, they were given "Candidacy" and I am confident that the university will become fully accredited there.

ACBSP acknowledges that Charisma is recognized in TCI, but I'm not sure that makes it reasonable to call Charisma "ACBSP recognized", especially since that's not how ACBSP itself puts it. Charisma's position here is strong enough without going down that sort of slippery slope.

Only yesterday 2 officials from ministry of Education of TCI were sentenced for accepting bribes.
Reading education news of TCI I see mostly high school issues and a little bit about colleges like West indies , I personally don't think their ministry of Education is on the level of others, or even some of the US state departments of education.

But legally, it appears that it grants them right to confer degrees, so I have to respect that. Just like CA state gives approved school right to grant degrees or Virginia state gives right to grant degrees to their approved or certified colleges.

And if they do provide good quality classes them more power to them. Its a good thing.
All they need is better Institutional accreditation then what hey have today. Who knows NACES member may judge the TCI ministry of Education as equivalent to RA, But we didn't see that yet.

But they are pricey to, For that cost I can find RA program by DL here.
Eric

President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby SteveFoerster » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:03 pm

Eric wrote:Only yesterday 2 officials from ministry of Education of TCI were sentenced for accepting bribes.

I found no news source on this at all. I don't suppose you have a link to one?
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Postby worldtraveler » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Sounds like propaganda to further throw off potentially interested students! :)
worldtraveler

Postby Eric » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:58 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Eric wrote:Only yesterday 2 officials from ministry of Education of TCI were sentenced for accepting bribes.

I found no news source on this at all. I don't suppose you have a link to one?

http://www.tcinewsnow.com/education.php

News from the Turks and Caicos Islands:
Saturday April 19, 2014

Education
Next
School registration starts amid controversy over required documents
April 3, 2014
The ministry of education has begun the registration process for students at the public primary and secondary levels for the academic year 2014-2015 but the list of required documents to be provided by parents has generated some controversy. Registration for primary schools began...
Education scam conspirators sentenced

Mar 17, 2014
Sheila Bain, one of the defendants found guilty of scamming Haitian nationals who were attempting to register their children in the Providenciales public school system, has been sentenced by the court. Bain, who is said to be Premier Rufus Ewing’s cousin, and at least two others were...

Education officials charged with soliciting bribes
February 24, 2014
Two education officials are now in court charged with soliciting bribes from parents and guardians attempting to enroll their children into the Providenciales school system. Most of the parents are Haitian nationals who were approached for illegal payments to guarantee enrollment.
Eric

President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:12 pm

worldtraveler wrote:Sounds like propaganda to further throw off potentially interested students! :)

No propaganda, I have no stake in this, I don't run schools.

I just see all the noise about a school that is in my humble view not yet properly accredited, that after student paying 12K to 15K and studying years for Bachelors degree then students will find out that their diploma is not accepted in a lot of places.

Don' you think its defrauding people and hurting them? If its not true then simply prove that.

I'm not for a moment calling your school a diploma mill. I don't think it is. I'm calling it in a current state a school that provides education and degrees that are not equivalent to US RA degrees. or UK Royal Charter Degrees etc. School that is recognized by local government of TCI and has degree awarding powers.

I have no stake in this, and there is chance that one day a school maybe become pragmatically accredited to offer business programs for that when it happens I will applaud and congratulate the school. I will be happy for the students who will have recognized accreditation to backup their degree.
Eric

President Ronald Reagan
Eric

PreviousNext

Return to Distance Learning