ACBSP Awards Candidate for Accreditation Status Charisma

Discussions specifically related to distance education.

ACBSP Awards Candidate for Accreditation Status Charisma

Postby worldtraveler » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:32 pm

Charisma University has received "Candidate for Accreditation" Status by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), a CHEA recognized accrediting body.. This means that business programs offered by the university are recognized by one of the three professional accrediting bodies, the other two being AACSP and IACBE.

http://www.acbsp.org/?page=membership_list

Charisma University Providenciales Turks and Caicos Islands Candidate for Accreditation Bacc/Grad Degree Region 8

http://www.acbsp.org/?page=chea_recognition

http://www.chea.org/pdf/CHEA_USDE_AllAccred.pdf Page 2, Line 8 from the Top
worldtraveler

Re: ACBSP Awards Candidate for Accreditation Status Charisma

Postby worldtraveler » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:07 pm

I hear that if you "Like" the Charisma University, Facebook page, post a positive comment about the university and agree to share their FB page, you have a chance to win a four year, all paid scholarship.
worldtraveler

Postby Eric » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:23 am

worldtraveler wrote:Charisma University has received "Candidate for Accreditation" Status by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), a CHEA recognized accrediting body.. This means that business programs offered by the university are recognized by one of the three professional accrediting bodies, the other two being AACSP and IACBE.

http://www.acbsp.org/?page=membership_list

Charisma University Providenciales Turks and Caicos Islands Candidate for Accreditation Bacc/Grad Degree Region 8

http://www.acbsp.org/?page=chea_recognition

http://www.chea.org/pdf/CHEA_USDE_AllAccred.pdf Page 2, Line 8 from the Top

All it means is that CU applied for accreditation, it doesn't mean it earned accreditation. The Business degrees today are still unaccredited.
But with some hard work, in a year or two CU can become accredited by Council for Business Schools and Programs.
Burt its not guaranteed.
Eric

"The best social program is a good job,"
President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby Rich Douglas » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:18 am

Candidacy is granted without a bit of evaluation by ACBSP. All it requires for international schools is that they pay a membership fee, send a letter requesting candidacy, and stipulate that they have degree-granting authority from their home nation and have been conducting business programs for 2 years. That's it. What it doesn't yet mean is way bigger:

-- No evidence supporting the above stipulations
-- No evidence of the quality or content of their degree programs, nor their administrative processes, faculty, or financial situation
-- No self-study or other forms of evaluation or evidence

Not a single thing about Charisma has been proven yet. Applying to ACBSP doesn't change that. ACBSP hasn't passed judgment on anything yet, including whether or not this thing has the right to grant degrees.

I'm not saying this thing won't pass muster with ACBSP. I'm saying it hasn't. Not yet. Not one little bit. You could open up a diploma mill today and send in the request tomorrow and become a candidate for ACBSP accreditation by next week. Then--and ACBSP makes this perfectly clear on their website--the journey (and the proof) begins.

A note on candidacy: Normally, being a "candidate for accreditation" means the accrediting body has received a self-study from the applicant school, done a site visit, examined other evidence of the school's fitness for accreditation, and then awards candidacy so it can observe the school in a kind of probationary status for awhile. The process is so rigorous that many other schools, agencies, and employers will accept degrees from candidate schools.

ACBSP does none of this before awarding its "candidacy." Frankly, it is much more like DETC, which has no candidacy process. And as we all know, being a DETC applicant doesn't mean anything. Same here.

I'd much rather see:

-- Something independent of Charisma that says Turks and Caicos is a sovereign nation (it's not--it's a British Overseas Territory ruled by the UK)
-- That Turks and Caicos has a system of higher education (it doesn't--it has a community college that appears to be merely a vocational school; it doesn't have any universities)
-- That Charisma University is listed with other British universities (it's not--it isn't recognized by its own government, the UK)
-- That regionally accredited schools will accept degrees issued by Charisma as being comparable to degrees from regionally accredited schools (anyone?)
-- That graduates from Charisma have had their degrees evaluated by a NACES-recognized agency as being equivalent to degrees awarded at the same levels by U.S. schools (anyone?)

Sorry, but getting "candidacy" status from a professional accreditor through a completely non-evaluative process available to anyone who sends in a check and a letter attesting to a couple of things proves absolutely nothing. Is Charisma legitimate? Will ACBSP accredit them? I guess well see. But we haven't yet, despite the statements we've seen on this board.
Rich Douglas

Postby Eric » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:53 am

What bothers me if Cal Coast University applied for the ACBSP accreditation their application would be denied because they are not RA accredited.

This is discrimination.

I guess CCU can open an office in TCI?
Eric

President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby surprises » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:51 am

Charisma University received validation of its Legitimacy NOT only from ACE but also from ACBSP, a well respected and recognized accrediting body for business programs! Thanks Steve for posting the ACE personal e-mail to you about Charisma University, thanks also to Worldtraveler for posting the Charisma University ACBSP candidate for accreditation.

Everyone knows what it takes to become both ACE and ACBSP member or should I remind you again Mr. ERIC and Dr. Rich?

Eric and Dr. Rich are diverting this discussion to something else. Remember what you were promoting was that Charisma is unrecognized and diploma mill, or did you forget? Who proved you wrong are Charisma University, surprises, worldtraveler, JasmineH, ACE, ACBSP and your fellow degreediscussion forum members.

Yes ACBSP candidate for accreditation is not the full accreditation and I don't see anywhere Charisma is claiming such. The fact is that you cannot gain ACBSP membership without being equivalent to US Regionally accredited institutions! Please lets keep focus of that as this has been why we have over 215 posts on this particular topic about Charisma University.

Whether or not Charisma University achieves the full ACBSP accreditation is not my concern; the fact is that Charisma University, through its recent recognitions, is proven to be a recognized University equivalent to US regionally accredited university.

I forgot to mention one important thing here: BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO CHARISMA UNIVERSITY FOR WINNING THIS FIGHT! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
It says "he who laughs last, laughs best".

If you cannot beat them, join them. What are Eric and Dr. Rich waiting for :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ?

I thank our Heavenly Father for bringing the truth in this case, and can tell that God is truly with Charisma University. I like Charisma University even more than before.

This will be a great Easter celebration, and UNLESS you don't believe that this forum has ended in favor of Charisma University, you are like Judas and we His apostles. It is not too late to be His apostles.

Cheers! let me take my hot chocolate drink and reflect on the passion of our Lord Jesus Christ.
surprises

Postby Eric » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:14 am

surprises wrote:Charisma University received validation of its Legitimacy NOT only from ACE but also from ACBSP, a well respected and recognized accrediting body for business programs! Thanks Steve for posting the ACE personal e-mail to you about Charisma University, thanks also to Worldtraveler for posting the Charisma University ACBSP candidate for accreditation.

Everyone knows what it takes to become both ACE and ACBSP member or should I remind you again Mr. ERIC and Dr. Rich?

Eric and Dr. Rich are diverting this discussion to something else. Remember what you were promoting was that Charisma is unrecognized and diploma mill, or did you forget? Who proved you wrong are Charisma University, surprises, worldtraveler, JasmineH, ACE, ACBSP and your fellow degreediscussion forum members.

Yes ACBSP candidate for accreditation is not the full accreditation and I don't see anywhere Charisma is claiming such. The fact is that you cannot gain ACBSP membership without being equivalent to US Regionally accredited institutions! Please lets keep focus of that as this has been why we have over 215 posts on this particular topic about Charisma University.

Whether or not Charisma University achieves the full ACBSP accreditation is not my concern; the fact is that Charisma University, through its recent recognitions, is proven to be a recognized University equivalent to US regionally accredited university.

I forgot to mention one important thing here: BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO CHARISMA UNIVERSITY FOR WINNING THIS FIGHT! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

If you cannot beat them, join them. What are Eric and Dr. Rich waiting for :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ?

I thank our Heavenly Father for bringing the truth in this case, and can tell that God is truly with Charisma University. I like Charisma University even more than before.

This will be a great Easter celebration, and UNLESS you don't believe that this forum has ended in favor of Charisma University, you are like Judas and we His apostles. It is not too late to be His apostles.

Cheers! let me take my hot chocolate drink and reflect on the passion of our Lord Jesus Christ.

So you are a believer good for you.

Let me tell you what is evil - defraud unsuspecting people of their hard earned money. Repent before the Lord.
Eric

President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby Rich Douglas » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:10 pm

Eric wrote:What bothers me if Cal Coast University applied for the ACBSP accreditation their application would be denied because they are not RA accredited.

This is discrimination.

No, it wouldn't be "discrimination" in a wrongful way. It would be a private association making a distinction and setting a standard. They wouldn't be the first organization that found NA schools unacceptable.
Rich Douglas

Postby Rich Douglas » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:15 pm

surprises wrote:If you cannot beat them, join them. What are Eric and Dr. Rich waiting for :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ?

I can only speak for myself. I'm waiting for legitimate, direct recognition of this school, not some unsupported, back-door tacit recognition that has no basis in evidence.

If you fill out the form and stipulate a couple of things (and submit the fee, don't forget), then your operation becomes a "candidate." That's it. It has absolutely no bearing on the question, and doesn't prove a thing.

In an earlier post, I was very specific about the things that would answer this question. Thus, the question posted by "surprises" is spurious.

It takes a lot to establish a university. I'm willing to wait.
Rich Douglas

Postby Eric » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:45 pm

Rich Douglas wrote:
Eric wrote:What bothers me if Cal Coast University applied for the ACBSP accreditation their application would be denied because they are not RA accredited.

This is discrimination.

No, it wouldn't be "discrimination" in a wrongful way. It would be a private association making a distinction and setting a standard. They wouldn't be the first organization that found NA schools unacceptable.

It sure poorly reflects on state certification, licensing or approval. Many if not all NA schools have proper degree granting authority,
ACBSP I think unintentionally, slaps the State approval as unacceptable or worse then TCI degree granting rights.
I can understand UK Royal Charter or established country ministry of Education.

But as I mentioned, I don't think its a problem for NA school to open branch in Grand Turk Island, wait for 2 years and then apply to ACBSP. Actually now that this rout was exposed, maybe a loop hole with ACBSP, then who knows if some others will not follow.

Maybe states education departments should file complain with ACBSP and CHEA.
Especially my state of NY. As NY Regent is recognized NA accreditor and yet not as good as TCI approval it appears.
Eric

President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby SteveFoerster » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:16 pm

I've never heard of ACBSP listing a fraudulent school even as just a candidate. Nor have I heard of ACE accepting one as a member, and when I asked them directly about this I thought their response was very clear.

As for Rich's comments about TCI, as I said before, their educational system is not run from London, they have autonomy in this area. That's why they have a Higher Education Advisory Board in the first place, if this were London's prerogative they wouldn't need one. (This is also true for other UK OSTs in the area like Montserrat, the Caymans, and Anguilla, all of which have local or regional oversight, not UK oversight, and all of which have medical schools whose graduates are accepted in the U.S.) Now, I understand your point that "being recognized by that tiny territory and being legitimate could be mutually exclusive concepts", I'll be the first to agree that things in the region are not always very efficient, but absent actual evidence that both their Ministry of Education and their Higher Education Advisory Board are incompetent or corrupt, it seems more fair not to assume that's the case.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Postby Eric » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:21 pm

But ACE membership that really counts is Institutional Membership.

Other international members I'm not sure what it provides.
Eric

President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby worldtraveler » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:33 pm

Eric and Rich,

With all respect, you have an extremely biased point of view. It has got to be RA (meaning regionally accredited) or "No Way"! Charisma University has presented their case very well. I believe that you are deliberately trying to throw of the readers her by trying to intimidate them to believe in you. I believe the people reading this forum will see right through you. You are confusing the average reader, and throwing all the $h!t you can against the wall, seeing how much can stick.

I believe you support traditional universities in the United States, because of several reasons. I happen to believe that there may be a conspiracy to prevent foreign institutions from stealing business away from the universities in the United States. I would challenge anyone to compare Charisma's tuition to a US institution. Unless you are enrolling in TESC, and doing a lot of test outs, there is no way you can compare the cost, unless you enroll in University of the People.

The Federal Student Loan Program is about to go bankrupt, with more than one trillion dollars debt. The average person can't afford to borrow like their parents did in the past, rack up $150,000 completing a Bachelors degree, only to gain upon graduation a lower paying job, possibly in the fast food industry. Payments on a debt of more that 150K for fifteen years would be $1,300. per month.

Now the conspiracy theorists might believe that many of the mega educational corporations and loan institutions are buying off people that support the traditional RA schools, in order to keep people from learning the real truth. (to be continued)
worldtraveler

Postby worldtraveler » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm

(continued)

You might think many of the new readers here are ignorant, but I can assure you that they aren't. I would challenge anyone to enroll in one single three hour class with Charisma, to learn how rigerous they truly are and see for yourself. Don't believe everything you read and experience it for yourself. It is a pleasure to debunk many of myths being expoused here. I am tired of the greedy educational system in the United States, raping everyone who believes in their horse $h!t.

Try signing up to win the free scholarship being offered. You may just win. Many blessings this Easter!
worldtraveler

Postby worldtraveler » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm

Eric wrote:
surprises wrote:Charisma University received validation of its Legitimacy NOT only from ACE but also from ACBSP, a well respected and recognized accrediting body for business programs! Thanks Steve for posting the ACE personal e-mail to you about Charisma University, thanks also to Worldtraveler for posting the Charisma University ACBSP candidate for accreditation.

So you are a believer good for you.

Let me tell you what is evil - defraud unsuspecting people of their hard earned money. Repent before the Lord.

I will tell you what I think is evil. That is universities charging "Exorbitant Tuition and Fees", under the guise that earning a degree, will land that hungry, thirsty student a job. Even state universities are taking advantage of unsuspecting students being convinced that they have to go into debt, to the point that it will take a lifetime to pay off.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101452976

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/profit-edu ... gle.com%2F

Now this is a damn shame. I couldn't sleep at night if I did this to another human being. You might as well, bury the student loan debt with the student, because in many cases, he will never be able to pay it off. I know a gentleman in his 60s who owes $60,000. for a Masters degree he earned at West Virginia University. He is disabled, and can't make his payments now. There is no way he can pay it off. There is only one way out of a student loan, and that is to file for Social Security Disability. Yes, you heard me right. The debt will go into forbearance, until the disability has been adjudicated, and then his loan will be forgiven by Sallie Mae.

(To be Continued)
worldtraveler

Next

Return to Distance Learning