CIE/World College on Show Cause (DETC) Why?

Discussions specifically related to distance education.

Re: CIE/World College on Show Cause (DETC) Why?

Postby nosborne48 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:59 am

The CIE web site no longer mentions DETC. I wonder if the school will survive. Probably not; accreditation is a pretty bedrock requirement these days.

EDIT wait, what? Their diplomas were never DETC accredited? WHAT? How can a course be accredited by DoE but not an agency?
Una cosa mala nunca muere.
nosborne48

Postby cbkent » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:06 am

Sad. I remember their ads in 60s and 70s electronic magazines.
cbkent

Postby Eric » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:02 am

nosborne48 wrote:The CIE web site no longer mentions DETC. I wonder if the school will survive. Probably not; accreditation is a pretty bedrock requirement these days.

EDIT wait, what? Their diplomas were never DETC accredited? WHAT? How can a course be accredited by DoE but not an agency?

I remember that diplomas were accredited and counted toward their degrees. Maybe the admissions person in error.
Not clear to me. Also their claim that if person registers for AA degree before the 7/18 it will be considered DETC accredited.
I don't think he is correct.

They are most likely hurting , need some enrollment.???
Eric

"The best social program is a good job,"
President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby nosborne48 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:47 pm

Now, the CIE web site makes no mention of the school's erstwhile AAS degree programs.

Will they survive?
Una cosa mala nunca muere.
nosborne48

Postby kiwisail1 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:45 pm

Bit of a shame, I just managed to get my diploma done before it lost accreditation, no way in hell would I have started a course at a non accredited school, I did my research, and it all looked pretty good with a long history etc, more info and discussions at- http://www.degreeinfo.com/general-dista ... ation.html

Really sorry for the folks in the middle of this, my experience was so-so, difficult class, with average material I had to supplement,for electronics and the math side it was pretty much boiler plate stuff, the communications portion was pretty darn average and very dated-no way would I have taken a computer class with this school, but for what I was doing it was OK.

based on my dealings with the school over the past few years (and this is total speculation!), one reason may have been the lack of qualified instructors, I got the impression at least for electronics engineering the folks there I spoke to we all general computer and math type folks.
Best of luck to them
kiwisail1

Previous

Return to Distance Learning