ILM launches $3,000.00 MBA

Discussions specifically related to distance education.

ILM launches $3,000.00 MBA

Postby Abner » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:58 pm

Abner

Re: ILM launches $3,000.00 MBA

Postby johann » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:57 pm

I wondered if they were accredited for a program like this. Seems they are now, as of Dec 13, 2013. I believe they had been DETC accredited for non-degree programs for some time. From the site:

"The Institute of Logistical Management was approved on December 20, 2013 as a degree granting institution by DETC. The MBA degree is administered from the Loveland Colorado location."

The Provost of ILM is Dr. David Lady, formerly of DETC and subsequently AIMS. He is well-known to long-timers here - and that's said as a good thing! :) This is, then, the only $3,000 accredited MBA I know of in North America. If you want an alternative in this price-range, you'll likely have to seek it in India:

http://www.dbuglobal.com/site/

Don Bosco University is 100% accredited-or-equivalent in India -UGC and AICTE. A Roman Catholic Order runs the school. They offer several Master's programs, including the MBA. Most Master's degree programs are about $2,300 for foreigners (complete program.) The fee for Indian Nationals is less, of course. My thanks to Msganti, our um...guru :) of Indian higher education, for telling us about this school.

Starting from scratch, a distance student could earn a BBA from Don Bosco University ($1700 complete) and a US-accredited MBA at ILM ($3,000) for a total investment of $4,700. It doesn't get much less expensive than that!

Johann
johann

Re: ILM launches $3,000.00 MBA

Postby johann » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:19 am

Or, if he/she preferred to complete all studies in the US, a student could earn a Bachelor's in Business from University of the People ($4,000) and an MBA from ILM ($3,000) - two accredited US degrees for a total investment of $7,000!

"This is the age of miracles and wonders...
This is the long-distance call..." (Paul Simon)

Johann
johann

Return to Distance Learning