California Miramar Giving Up DETC

Discussions specifically related to distance education.

California Miramar Giving Up DETC

Postby Rich Douglas » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:01 pm

California Miramar U. is giving up DETC accreditation. Somehow, it is also accredited by ACICS. Interesting. This implies they chose between the two and decided on ACICS (unless they're giving that up, too.)
Rich Douglas

Re: California Miramar Giving Up DETC

Postby SteveFoerster » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:33 pm

Rich Douglas wrote:California Miramar U. is giving up DETC accreditation. Somehow, it is also accredited by ACICS. Interesting. This implies they chose between the two and decided on ACICS (unless they're giving that up, too.)

Interesting. I would assume they chose one. And I'd probably choose ACICS too, if it were me.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Postby johann » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:22 pm

They attained DETC accreditation first and subsequently ACICS. As suggested here, I'm guessing they found ACICS is right for them. I remember that the day this school got DETC accreditation, tuition nearly doubled. From something like $85 a credit hour to $155, IIRC.

Even though they're leaving DETC, I doubt tuition is going back down any time soon. :(

Johann
johann

Postby Matt » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:52 am

Rich Douglas wrote:California Miramar U. is giving up DETC accreditation. Somehow, it is also accredited by ACICS. Interesting. This implies they chose between the two and decided on ACICS (unless they're giving that up, too.)

Was this reported somewhere? I couldn't find it on the DETC website : http://www.detc.org/Public-Notices/Volu ... ation.aspx
Matt

Postby SteveFoerster » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:34 pm

Matt wrote:

Was this reported somewhere? I couldn't find it on the DETC website : http://www.detc.org/Public-Notices/Volu ... ation.aspx

That's not surprising. "He left me for his mistress!" isn't something most jiltees are eager to promote.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Postby johann » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:59 pm

Matt wrote:Was this reported somewhere? I couldn't find it on the DETC website ...

Yes, Matt, it was. I enjoyed Steve's sarcasm anyway, though! :)

It's here, under Lapse of Accreditation: http://www.detc.org/UploadedDocuments/P ... report.pdf

Johann
johann

Return to Distance Learning