SPIRITUAL HEALER/ADVOSOR LICENSURE IN FLORIDA

General discussions concerning institutions and degree programs.

SPIRITUAL HEALER/ADVOSOR LICENSURE IN FLORIDA

Postby Jimmy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:39 am

I am in a heated discussion via email with a ministerial colleague who adamantly states Florida licenses Spiritual Advisors/Healers. I say they don't. Does anyone on here have any insight into this?
Jimmy

The Hunger Site
Jimmy

Re: SPIRITUAL HEALER/ADVOSOR LICENSURE IN FLORIDA

Postby johann » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:28 pm

I believe you are correct, Jimmy. Florida does, of course, license mental health counselors and some of those so qualified offer their services as spiritual advisors. Here's an example. Check the credentials of Roberta Lee Veech on this page and you'll note she's Florida-licensed as a MHC: http://www.findthedivine.com/advisors/advisors_fl.html

There are, of course, "boards" that will "license" a person as a spiritual advisor -- or practically anything else, but it's not a State license. Like this organization, that qualifies people for many healing and spiritual guide "licensing boards." http://www.fshlb.com/members.html

Perhaps this is the kind of "license" that is referred to. :smile:

Johann
johann

Postby johann » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:32 pm

BTW, Jimmy - there's a neat little mobile app called "Bargument" that enables people to win any kind of argument - bar or otherwise. You enter in the fact you want to be true and up comes an authoritative-looking fake-Wiki page that says it's so. I believe it was written by an ingenious teen, who took a quickie programming course and showed talent.

It works OK as long as your opponent hasn't a fake-Snopes program that will instantly disprove your claim. :smile:

Johann
johann

Postby Jimmy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:51 am

Thanks Johann.
Jimmy

The Hunger Site
Jimmy

Return to General Discussions