Border Institute of Technology

General discussions concerning institutions and degree programs.

Re: Cleveland Institute of Technology

Postby johann » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:52 am

OK - i'll cop to spending less than 5 minutes following the CIT turd-crumb trail. It had the template-look I associate with schools run by Salem Kureshi of Pakistan - who has over 20 fraudulent schools stashed in his Karachi apartment. The fake accreditor, IAAOU is the same one as for Belford U., which Kureshi owns and which has been successfully sued for $22 million US. I suspect Kureshi also runs the "accreditor."

That confirms my suspicions. I checked whois and http://www.clevetech.net hides behind a privacy wall. So -- no more from me on this one. As I said, NOBODY CARES.

Johann
johann

Re: Border Institute of Technology

Postby samiam » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:50 pm

They have also hijacked the WENR which is a WES publication. I have informed NACES about this. They will probably be sending a cease and desist order, but there is no telling if it will work.
samiam

Re: Border Institute of Technology

Postby johann » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:21 pm

samiam wrote:They will probably be sending a cease and desist order, but there is no telling if it will work.

If it doesn't -- consider Navy Seals. Team 6, maybe. :evil:

Seriously, the OP, Mr. Boyd, Chancellor of W.H. Taft University, did a good thing in reporting this. I note he holds a J.D. - I do not. So, he is capable of bringing these people to justice, whereas I am not. I note further, Mr. Boyd is also a CPA, so I'm sure he is acutely and expertly aware of the dollar-amount of any damage done to his University.

I'm leaving this stuff to the experts. Nothing I can contribute here can really help or expedite matters.

Thanks, Samiam. Good to know people in authority are starting to take these fraudsters seriously.

Johann
johann

Previous

Return to General Discussions