CSU Psy.D is acceptable for title, "doc", in Florida and NYS

General discussions concerning institutions and degree programs.

Re: CSU Psy.D is acceptable for title, "doc", in Florida and

Postby Gus Sainz » Sat May 11, 2013 7:35 pm

vinny123 wrote:
nosborne48 wrote:Hm. "Regional or professional"?

What, exactly, is a "professional" accrediting agency? I know about "regional" and "national". I also know about U.S. Dept. of Education recognition but I don't know whether a national, institutional accrediting agency like the DETC is a "professional" accreditor.

I'm not sure it matters much...the way the statute is written, it is unlikely anyone would go to the trouble of litigating the issue.



VINNY: Nosborne, let's atempt to put your mind at rest. The Florida Statute in question, 817.567 states "...Accreditation by a regional or professional accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education or the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation" results in the recognition and legal use of the title doctor in Florida. In fact the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation was dissolved in April 1997 and was replaced by the Council of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) http://www.nasasps.org/accreditation-10. CHEA recognizes DETC and the programs they offer including "... credential at the associate, baccularate, masters and FIRST AND PROFESSIONAL DOCTORAL DEGREE LEVEL (my capitalizations)http://www.chea.org/Directories/private.asp.

Thus, as related by the Florida Board of Counseling and Social Work, a person who holds a national Accredited doctorate (DETC) can legally refer to themselves as "Doctor" in Florida, no ifs or buts about it!



“Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!” ― Wolfgang Pauli


:roll:
Gus Sainz
Moderator
DegreeDiscussion.com
Gus Sainz
Administrator
 
Posts: 902
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:42 pm

Re: CSU Psy.D is acceptable for title, "doc", in Florida and

Postby vinny123 » Sat May 11, 2013 8:54 pm

[quote="Gus Sainz"][quote="vinny123"][quote="nosborne48"]Hm. "Regional or professional"?

What, exactly, is a "professional" accrediting agency? I know about "regional" and "national". I also know about U.S. Dept. of Education recognition but I don't know whether a national, institutional accrediting agency like the DETC is a "professional" accreditor.

I'm not sure it matters much...the way the statute is written, it is unlikely anyone would go to the trouble of litigating the issue.[/quote]


VINNY: Nosborne, let's atempt to put your mind at rest. The Florida Statute in question, 817.567 states "...Accreditation by a regional or professional accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education or the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation" results in the recognition and legal use of the title doctor in Florida. In fact the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation was dissolved in April 1997 and was replaced by the Council of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) http://www.nasasps.org/accreditation-10. CHEA recognizes DETC and the programs they offer including "... credential at the associate, baccularate, masters and FIRST AND PROFESSIONAL DOCTORAL DEGREE LEVEL (my capitalizations)http://www.chea.org/Directories/private.asp.

Thus, as related by the Florida Board of Counseling and Social Work, a person who holds a national Accredited doctorate (DETC) can legally refer to themselves as "Doctor" in Florida, no ifs or buts about it![/quote]


[i]“Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!” [/i]― Wolfgang Pauli

:roll:[/quote]


VINNY: Sorry Gus but the assertion and its negative implication above does not apply to the issue being discussed specifically regarding the credibility and validity of the degree in question and the legal and ethical use of the title "Dr". in the respective states noted.

Primarily, it needs to be stated, although obvious to most, that we are not discussing an unaccredited doctoral degree that a licensed clinician is trying to obtain in two weeks or perhap three months with the notion of establishing a private practice and being referred to as "Dr. Neither is this a matter of trying to "con" the public, to misrepresent or ethically compromise one's degrees or titles BUT just the complete opposite; abiding by the statutes, laws, regulations and state and professional codes of conduct that guide ethical practice of one's profession, which is why all of these state and professional agencies, codes and statutes were initially consulted!

We already know that the doctorate in question is totally legitimate, is accredited by DETC, which is approved by the US Department of Education, and has recently been given eligibility status by the North Central Regional Accreditation agency allowing this school to progress towards RA Candidacy status if it so chooses. In addition, two state boards of Counseling and Social Work have indicated that the title "Dr." can be used ethically and legally in their respective states. We are also aware that the Codes of Ethics of the American Counseling Association permits their practitioners to use the title "Dr." in the context of counseling IF they possess an accredited doctorate in their field or a related profession (ie, Psychology). Furthermore, graduates of CSU's Psy.D program are allowed to sit for their state licensure exam in Psychology in California, and, if passing this test and meeting other licensing requirements, can practice as licensed Psychologists in that state.

So for example, just as we would hopefully not ridicule, condemn or view with suspicion the motives and ethical intentions of one who seeks a Master's of Law Degree with a Concentration in Taxation from a DETC accredted school in lieu of their obtaining such a degree from a recognized RA program, the Psy.D from CSU and the ethical and legal use of this degree and title "Dr." does not meet the substandard assessment attributed to Wolfgang pauli but may be a credible and viable option for certain individuals.
Vinny
vinny123
Senior Member
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:40 pm

Re: CSU Psy.D is acceptable for title, "doc", in Florida and

Postby nosborne48 » Sun May 12, 2013 12:58 am

"Psychology" and "psychologist".
Una cosa mala nunca muere.
nosborne48
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:42 am

Re: CSU Psy.D is acceptable for title, "doc", in Florida and

Postby vinny123 » Sun May 12, 2013 1:08 am

[quote="nosborne48"]"Psychology" and "psychologist".[/quote]

VINNY: Thanks for the feedback.
Vinny
vinny123
Senior Member
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:40 pm

Re: CSU Psy.D is acceptable for title, "doc", in Florida and

Postby scottae316 » Sun May 12, 2013 2:41 am

Hungry Ghost wrote:
scottae316 wrote:It is obvious that some here have absolutely no idea of the use of the title "Doctor".


Hi Scottae. I hope that you weren't including me in that.

In a medical setting it is usually assumed by the patient that the person addressed as "Doctor" is a MD or DO. This is not true today, for example you have a pharmacist that as a Pharm.D who is now called "Doctor", also many physical therapist now have their doctorate and are referred to as such. This is neither unethical, immoral, or illegal, but the changing face of medicine.


I agree that there's nothing wrong with that. There are certainly doctoral programs in counseling and social work out there, and I have no objection at all to counselors and social workers with doctoral degrees in those subjects mentioning the degree in their advertising or to their being refered to as "doctor".

I'm a little more skeptical about counselors and social workers (or any professionals for that matter) with Ph.D's in totally unrelated subjects using the rather generic suffix in their advertising. (Most Ph.D's aren't in philosophy these days.) The problem there would be the implied suggestion that the doctorate is in their professional field and that they have more training in it than they really have. It might be more defensible if the doctorate is in a closely cognate subject. (Like lots of things, it's fuzzy in practice.)

But the biggest problems seem to arise with unlicensed individuals using specific professional degree titles associated with regulated professions.

The only "problem" is when it is a nurse who has the DNP (or even a Phd) where can lead to real confusion and at present most nurses with a DNP to not use the title "Doctor" with patients, but it is used with colleagues.


I think that the closest analogy to what's being proposed in this thread might be some paramedical professional earning a Doctor of Medicine degree somewhere, then advertising him or herself to prospective patients as an "M.D.", despite not having a license to practice medicine.

My only objection in this and the Psy.D case would be to the unlicensed individual advertising the degree while trolling for clients. I don't have any objection at all to their earning the degree (I respect that), or to clients or colleagues calling them "doctor". That's usually the other person's decision anyway and what to call people is up to them. I'm not even all that opposed to these people signing themselves as "Dr." if they want to, as long as they leave off the misleading initials at the end. (I do think that referring to one's self as "doctor" is a little pompous, but not necessarily unethical.) Somebody with a doctorate in English literature can do the same thing, I guess, so it doesn't really communicate all that much.


Hungry Ghost, I was not including you, it was a general reference, (however I did have one person in mind specifically and it was not you). I agree that what this all boils down to the use of the term "Doctor" inappropriately. I agree with your point about a paramedical professional earning a MD and then trying to pass themselves off as a licensed MD. A counselor or social worker could gain useful information from a Psy.D program (I would imagine), but should never try to pass themselves off as a licensed psychologist. I do not think that is anyones intent here. I am very familiar with the medical field but more so with the ministry where the use of the title Doctor is often debated, my only point of my post is that the title of "Doctor" is no longer exclusive to MD, DO, psychologist, or psychiatrist today as many other areas have earned doctorates and rightfully use the title "Doctor".
scottae316
New Member
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 4:58 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: CSU Psy.D is acceptable for title, "doc", in Florida and

Postby vinny123 » Sun May 12, 2013 4:03 am

Scottae: Hungry Ghost, I was not including you, it was a general reference, (however I did have one person in mind specifically and it was not you). I agree that what this all boils down to the use of the term "Doctor" inappropriately. I agree with your point about a paramedical professional earning a MD and then trying to pass themselves off as a licensed MD. A counselor or social worker could gain useful information from a Psy.D program (I would imagine), but should never try to pass themselves off as a licensed psychologist. I do not think that is anyones intent here. I am very familiar with the medical field but more so with the ministry where the use of the title Doctor is often debated, my only point of my post is that the title of "Doctor" is no longer exclusive to MD, DO, psychologist, or psychiatrist today as many other areas have earned doctorates and rightfully use the title "Doctor".[/quote]

VINNY: Scottae you are right on target.

It is truly remarkable to observe the outpouring of angry protests and contestation against the legal and ethical use of the title "DR." emanating from an accredited doctoral program, a Psy.D, which offers a cost effectve and rigorous doctoral degree for the more mature student who in many cases is juggling a job, family, financial debt, children and caregiving roles for older family members. Whether for personal or professional attainment or for enhancing one's clinical skills, there is absolutely NOTHING suspect regarding the ethical intentions or motives of a licensed clinician who is attempting to better his personal or professional growth or to enhance his/her status. If this is the level of negative reaction to a distance education doctoral program and the credibility and viability of its degrees than what is the purpose of Forums such as this whose purpose is purportedly to promote and enhance the image of distance education credentials and the degree titles emanating from them? To undermine and devalue individuals who in good faith are attempting to improve their lot and that of their clients? I should hope not.

It's also significant to note that some of the most vociferous opponents and denigrators of the Psy.D and the title "Dr." emanating from this DETC doctoral degree are generally from posters who either obtained their degrees from schools with questionable rigor and/or who themselves attempted to find an easier way to complete their graduate education or from those who hold elitist impressions of their own credentials or disdain DETC in general or are generally suspcious or from others who are merely envious!

On par with what you note in your post, there was never any indication whatsoever that the title of "Dr." was to be used to misrepresent oneself as being a Licensed Psychologist. There was never any question that a licensed practitoner at the Masters Degree level who presents his/herself as a "DR." or even as a Psy.D without indicating the profession in which he/she is licensed, including the services they offer under their practice license, could be perceived as misrepresenting themselves as Psychologist to the public. In regard to this matter, the New York State Regents Rule relating to unprofessional conduct, 29.2-4, notes that a licensed clinician (in myriad professions) may be culpable of unprofessional conduct if they use the title "Dr." in offering to perform professional services while omiting the profession in which the licensee possesses the doctorate. This clearly implies that if the licensee complies with this rule they are legally and ethically permitted to use the title "doctor". So as we see in Florida and New York, unless shown otherwise (I have sincerely offered Nosborne the opportunity to jointly bring this issue to closure by speaking with a Board official in Florida) the title "Dr." is legal in the context of this discussion. Therefore,tIt would appear that the use of the title "Dr." by a graduate of such a DETC program should be applauded not devalued!
Vinny
vinny123
Senior Member
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:40 pm

Re: CSU Psy.D is acceptable for title, "doc", in Florida and

Postby Rich Douglas » Sun May 12, 2013 12:20 pm

Vinny123 is wrong again.

From the New York Rules of the Board of Regents, 29.2.a.4:

"using the word "Doctor" in offering to perform professional services without also indicating the profession in which the licensee holds a doctorate;"

Note the words "profession in which the licensee holds a doctorate". Getting a degree is not the same as holding a doctorate in the profession. If one is a counselor and there is no provision for practicing at the doctoral level, one cannot use the title "doctor", no matter what it's in or what school issued it.

There is a huge difference between earning a doctorate in, say, psychology and being a psychologist. This provision is designed to clear up any confusion between medical doctors and doctors of other ilks practicing professionally. It is not an invitation for counselors to style themselves "doctor" in their profession if they've earned a doctorate somewhere.

Vinny123's example fails because the hypothetical subject--a counselor who subsequently earns a PsyD from a DETC-accredited school--doesn't hold a doctorate in a licensed profession. He/she just has a doctorate. This failure is caused by Vinny123's inability to note the distinction between an academic accomplishment and a professional designation, a common mistake for people who aren't there.

Now, Vinny123 will get mad, stomp his (virtual) heels, launch yet another ad hominem, then insist he's right after all. But he's not.

Let's make sure readers understand his points. Generally, there are three areas he likes to visit that he considers my failings (with some sub-subjects):

"NIFI"--this is a reference to Steve Levicoff's self-published book, "Name it and Frame It." Now outdated, it was a solid reference regarding degree mills, especially religious ones. Steve was always brave in taking on these characters. What do I have to do with it? Nothing. But Steve and I are graduates of the same PhD program--The Union Institute--so I guess that's good enough.

MIGS--this is a reference to an attempt by Sheila Danzig to award degrees from an accredited school in Mexico to U.S. students. Vinny123 is right in suggesting I got drawn into this. Of course, he ignores my role in getting Florida to shut them down. (And Steve's role in getting sued by MIGS and standing up to them--case dismissed.) MIGS was not the only program trying this--readers are referred to Empresarial University for a current example.)

NCU--this refers to Northcentral University. I was pretty adamant that they would not become accredited without including a residency requirement for their doctoral programs. At the time, there was exactly one accredited school with a non-residential doctorate (Touro University International--now Trident), and that was an aberration. NCU became the first such school accredited on purpose, proving me dead wrong. Yeah, imagine that. Post tens of thousands of times on several boards and Usenet and make a wrong prediction about an unprecedented event? Who would have thought it? (Hint: I've been wrong about other things, too.)

Vinny123 enjoys distortions, obfuscations, and outright lies. He has a nasty habit of losing arguments quickly, then resorting to personal attacks (normally baseless) in an attempt to win the day. But what he doesn't realize is that this is a discussion, not a competition. He tries to "win" against people that are not playing the game, which is why he's attacked nearly every poster in this thread. But as I've shown, he's still wrong.

Now get to the whining, Vinny123. Everyone is expecting it.
Rich Douglas
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2155
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: CSU Psy.D is acceptable for title, "doc", in Florida and

Postby vinny123 » Sun May 12, 2013 4:08 pm

[quote="Rich Douglas"]Vinny123 is wrong again.

VINNY: You are still here? You promised to disappear from my threads. Oh well, more erroneous information that I will need to correct. :wink:

DOUGLAS: From the New York Rules of the Board of Regents, 29.2.a.4:

"using the word "Doctor" in offering to perform professional services without also indicating the profession in which the licensee holds a doctorate;"

Note the words "[b]profession[/b] in which the licensee holds a doctorate". Getting a degree is not the same as holding a doctorate in the profession. If one is a counselor and there is no provision for practicing at the doctoral level, [b]one cannot use the title "doctor"[/b], no matter what it's in or what school issued it.

VINNY: The gross error in your misinterpretation of this rule stems from the fact that it is based on YOUR opinion of the meaning of this rule, NOT the literal "translation" and application of this rule as determined and intended by the NYS Board of Regents.

DOUGLAS: There is a huge difference between earning a doctorate in, say, psychology and being a psychologist. This provision is designed to clear up any confusion between medical doctors and doctors of other ilks practicing professionally. It is not an invitation for counselors to style themselves "doctor" in their profession if they've earned a doctorate somewhere.

Vinny123's example fails because the hypothetical subject--a counselor who subsequently earns a PsyD from a DETC-accredited school--doesn't hold a doctorate in a licensed profession. He/she just has a doctorate. This failure is caused by Vinny123's inability to note the distinction between an academic accomplishment and a professional designation, a common mistake for people who aren't there.

VINNY: This is the basis for your erroneous interpretation of this rule. You see Dougie, the rule implies that if a licensed clinician states for example that he/she is a "Dr." or possesses a Doctorate in Psychology when they are licensed to practice Social Work or Counseling, they are culpable of misrepresenting the title "Doctor" and potentially misleading the public IF they do not clearly delineate the profession in which they are licensed and the professional services that are legally allowed to provide within the scope of their profession and license! This implies that if the Social Worker orCounselor complies with the basic tenet of this rule they are not in violation of the rule and can legally and ethically refer to themselves as "Dr.". END OF STORY>


DOUGLAS: Now, Vinny123 will get mad, stomp his (virtual) heels, launch yet another [i]ad hominem[/i], then insist he's right after all. But he's not.

VINNY: The above comment sums up exactly how Douglas perceives these encounters as a means to prove that he is right, his dominance and King of the Hill Mentality which is in direct contrast with my desire to explore the facts and to provide well substantiated feedback based on credible sources and references that any poster can corroborate if they wish so that they can make informed decisions regarding their academic objectives.

DOUGLAS: Let's make sure readers understand his points. Generally, there are three areas he likes to visit that he considers my failings (with some sub-subjects):

VINNY: ONLY THREE? DO you really mean three dozen? I can't cease laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

VINNY:"NIFI"--this is a reference to Steve Levicoff's self-published book, "Name it and Frame It." Now outdated, it was a solid reference regarding degree mills, especially religious ones. Steve was always brave in taking on these characters. What do I have to do with it? Nothing. But Steve and I are graduates of the same PhD program--The Union Institute--so I guess that's good enough.

VINNY": For many years Union was doling out doctoral degrees to graduates whose dissertations were on par with high school level essays. In fact I spoke directly with two graduates of their doctoral program in Psychology at the time who informed me that quite a few of their fellow psychology doctoral graduates were awarded to individuals whose dissertations were primer level, reflecting badly on their attempts to obtain licensure in their respective dates. The fact that the Ohio Board of Regents placed Union on probation at the time was based to a large extent on this fact, a fact I confirmed at the time with an offical at that board.

Although in recent years Union clean up its act quite abit, Douglas's ongoing attacks and devaluation of other doctoral programs such as NCU and now CSU, their Psy.D program and the ethical and legal title, "Dr." that derives from this degree, appears to be an attempt to bolster the image of his doctorate from a school that was by no means on par with the stringent doctoral requirements and demands required by mainstream doctoral programs.

DOUGLAS: MIGS--this is a reference to an attempt by Sheila Danzig to award degrees from an accredited school in Mexico to U.S. students. Vinny123 is right in suggesting I got drawn into this. Of course, he ignores my role in getting Florida to shut them down. (And Steve's role in getting sued by MIGS and standing up to them--case dismissed.) MIGS was not the only program trying this--readers are referred to Empresarial University for a current example.)

VINNY: Douglas misses the gist of the point that I made which is NOT that he was only grossly wrong in promoting MIGS with the same level of adamancy that he denounces DETC doctorates BUT that he was desperately dropping out and transitioning from one doctoral program to another, from Union to the Graduate School of America, than to MIGS and than back to Union (not exactly in that order) in a desperate attempt to find an easy way to complete a doctoral degree. NOW he has the gall and sense of entitlement to sit in judgement of individuals who are ethically attempting to gain a doctorate from a school and an accrediting agency which he disapproves! :shock: :roll:

DOUGLAS: NCU--this refers to Northcentral University. I was pretty adamant that they would not become accredited without including a residency requirement for their doctoral programs. At the time, there was exactly one accredited school with a non-residential doctorate (Touro University International--now Trident), and that was an aberration. NCU became the first such school accredited on purpose, proving me dead wrong. Yeah, imagine that. Post tens of thousands of times on several boards and Usenet and make a wrong prediction about an unprecedented event? Who would have thought it? (Hint: I've been wrong about other things, too.)

VINNY: END OF STORY DOugie. We are tired of your rationalizations and hyper level of defensiveness. YOU WERE GROSSLY INCORRECT. END OF STORY. :shock:

DOUGLAS: Vinny123 enjoys distortions, obfuscations, and outright lies. He has a nasty habit of losing arguments quickly, then resorting to personal attacks (normally baseless) in an attempt to win the day. But what he doesn't realize is that this is a discussion, not a competition. He tries to "win" against people that are not playing the game, which is why he's attacked nearly every poster in this thread. But as I've shown, he's still wrong.

VINNY: Douglas appears to believe that we are blind (dumb?) and do not have the capacity to perceive that he is actually talking about how He conducts "business" on this forum. No, he isn't grandiose or self-entitled just a little, little let's say self aborbed! :mrgreen:

Douglas: Now get to the whining, Vinny123. Everyone is expecting it.[/quote]

VINNY: What for Dougie. You have already done my whining for me with your gross level of defensiveness, rationalizations, presentation of grossly inaccurate (mis)information and an inability to admit that you are obviously, blatantly incorrect. Most concerning is that you are willing to continue your campaign of self-preservation in the obvious face that by doing so you are doing what you are alledging a Psy.D is doing by referring to him/herself as "doctor", by misrepresenting the facts and misleading other posters. How pathetic is that? VERY!
Vinny
vinny123
Senior Member
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:40 pm

Re: CSU Psy.D is acceptable for title, "doc", in Florida and

Postby Rich Douglas » Sun May 12, 2013 6:49 pm

Man, that's a lot of typing to still be wrong.

More wrong: I never had anything to do with The Graduate School of America as a student.

There's more still, but really, what's the point? I'll leave it to others.
Last edited by Rich Douglas on Sun May 12, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich Douglas
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2155
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: CSU Psy.D is acceptable for title, "doc", in Florida and

Postby vinny123 » Sun May 12, 2013 6:49 pm

To bring closure to this thread it is important for all posters to carefully check out all the issues being discussed pertaining to this subject through the credible and reliable sources and references I provided as well as any other legitimate sources you can find. Keep in mind that the the majority of naysayers who presented their contentious opinions, devaluations and disagreements did so without an iota of reliable sources or references to support their positions and presented their opinions as if facts when in fact they are nothing more than their opinions. This is not the basis of proving one's perspective or point but merely stonewalling and mouthing off one's antipathy towards a DETC Doctorate and the title that dervies from it, "Dr." in an attempt to devalue an accredited, legal and ethical means of obtaining a doctorate. As you guys know without credible references, opinions can be skewed by conflicts of interests and other less than positive motives that I discussed in depth on this thread. So do not be taken in by any poster who claims to have a doctorate or who claims some other form of authority proclaiming that their opinions stand as fact because this is a fallacious argument and is grossly misleading and ONLY serves to enhance their self-interests, not ours. Vinny
Vinny
vinny123
Senior Member
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:40 pm

Re: CSU Psy.D is acceptable for title, "doc", in Florida and

Postby Rich Douglas » Sun May 12, 2013 6:54 pm

vinny123 wrote:To bring closure to this thread it is important for all posters to carefully check out all the issues being discussed pertaining to this subject through the credible and reliable sources and references I provided as well as any other legitimate sources you can find. Keep in mind that the the majority of naysayers who presented their contentious opinions, devaluations and disagreements did so without an iota of reliable sources or references to support their positions and presented their opinions as if facts when in fact they are nothing more than their opinions. This is not the basis of proving one's perspective or point but merely stonewalling and mouthing off one's antipathy towards a DETC Doctorate and the title that dervies from it, "Dr." in an attempt to devalue an accredited, legal and ethical means of obtaining a doctorate. As you guys know without credible references, opinions can be skewed by conflicts of interests and other less than positive motives that I discussed in depth on this thread. So do not be taken in by any poster who claims to have a doctorate or who claims some other form of authority proclaiming that their opinions stand as fact because this is a fallacious argument and is grossly misleading and ONLY serves to enhance their self-interests, not ours. Vinny


This is stupid on its face.
Rich Douglas
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2155
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: CSU Psy.D is acceptable for title, "doc", in Florida and

Postby vinny123 » Sun May 12, 2013 7:01 pm

[quote="Rich Douglas"][quote="vinny123"]To bring closure to this thread it is important for all posters to carefully check out all the issues being discussed pertaining to this subject through the credible and reliable sources and references I provided as well as any other legitimate sources you can find. Keep in mind that the the majority of naysayers who presented their contentious opinions, devaluations and disagreements did so without an iota of reliable sources or references to support their positions and presented their opinions as if facts when in fact they are nothing more than their opinions. This is not the basis of proving one's perspective or point but merely stonewalling and mouthing off one's antipathy towards a DETC Doctorate and the title that dervies from it, "Dr." in an attempt to devalue an accredited, legal and ethical means of obtaining a doctorate. As you guys know without credible references, opinions can be skewed by conflicts of interests and other less than positive motives that I discussed in depth on this thread. So do not be taken in by any poster who claims to have a doctorate or who claims some other form of authority proclaiming that their opinions stand as fact because this is a fallacious argument and is grossly misleading and ONLY serves to enhance their self-interests, not ours. Vinny[/quote]

This is stupid on its face.[/quote]

VINNY: Not as "stupid" and vapid as you appeared by continuing your vacuous offense/defense against a legitimate issue without any substantive or credible basis whatsoever which had the potential to mislead others at the expense of your self-aggrandizement. And you are concerned about the ethics of referring to oneself as "Dr"? Give us a break, we have been given a lesson in ethics based on the way you conducted yourself on this thread to last a Veryyy longgg timeee! :roll:
Vinny
vinny123
Senior Member
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:40 pm

Re: CSU Psy.D is acceptable for title, "doc", in Florida and

Postby vinny123 » Sun May 12, 2013 7:11 pm

[quote="Rich Douglas"]Man, that's a lot of typing to still be wrong.

More wrong: I never had anything to do with The Graduate School of America as a student.

VINNY: YES YOU DID and I obtained this information DIRECTLY from you on a chatroom whereby you made mention that you attempted to work out a doctoral program at the Graduate School of America (now Capella) but it didn't work out just as it did'nt in the other myriad programs you tried in your quest to find an "easy" way to complete a doctorate.

DOUGLAS:There's more still, but really, what's the point? I'll leave it to others.[/quote]

VINNY: If you continue you will be more embarrassed. So I suggest moving on, having your chocolate milk and giving thought to what the term ethical actually means. :wink:
Vinny
vinny123
Senior Member
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:40 pm

Re: CSU Psy.D is acceptable for title, "doc", in Florida and

Postby Rich Douglas » Sun May 12, 2013 7:41 pm

What Vinny is posting about TGSA/Capella is a lie. Not that it matters. I did consider going to work for them, though. Maybe that's where he's confused.

I think his obsession with me is funny. But no one else is posting to receive is unique brand of idiotic ire, so I'll join them.

Go ahead, Vinny123, it's all yours.
Rich Douglas
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2155
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: CSU Psy.D is acceptable for title, "doc", in Florida and

Postby vinny123 » Sun May 12, 2013 7:56 pm

[quote="Rich Douglas"]What Vinny is posting about TGSA/Capella is a lie. Not that it matters. I did consider going to work for them, though. Maybe that's where he's confused.

I think his obsession with me is funny. But no one else is posting to receive is unique brand of idiotic ire, so I'll join them.

Go ahead, Vinny123, it's all yours.[/quote]

VINNY: "Obsessed" with you? My poor, poor pathetic friend I wished that you would have disappeared as you promised by placing me on your foes list! I suggest that after your chocolate milk and you calm down that you keep your promises and pleassssseeeee place me on your foes list so that I will never have to deal with your antics again! :shock: Thanks.
Vinny
vinny123
Senior Member
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:40 pm

Previous

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron