Interesting non-accreditation statement-TJSL

General discussions concerning institutions and degree programs.

Re: Interesting non-accreditation statement-TJSL

Postby SteveFoerster » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:22 pm

nosborne48 wrote:Or maybe someone at the ABA noticed. There have been occasional proposals for the ABA to approve LL.M. programs for foreign lawyers seeking Bar eligibility in the U.S. Naturally, this would cost EXTRA... :twisted:

As if that isn't already a convoluted enough process. Adella is doing it, but to practice here in the D.C. area will probably have to open a practice in Maryland, since Virginia and D.C. are unfriendly to the process. Even then she'll have to pass the New York bar first before she can get a waiver to sit the Maryland bar.

Fortunately Maryland is fifteen minutes from our house, so no biggie. But even so the inconvenience would scarcely be worth it... except for the part about saving a hundred grand.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Re: Interesting non-accreditation statement-TJSL

Postby Rich Douglas » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:58 pm

Gosh, lawyers making things difficult with convoluted practices and exclusionary rules? Who would have thought it?
Rich Douglas

That TJSL link is still good!

Postby nosborne48 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:25 pm

Is it possible that no one has made any complaint to the ABA concerning such a dicey use of their seal of approval?
Una cosa mala nunca muere.
nosborne48

Re: That TJSL link is still good!

Postby johann » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:36 pm

nosborne48 wrote:Is it possible that no one has made any complaint to the ABA concerning such a dicey use of their seal of approval?

Anything's possible, I guess. If you want to know for sure, or you really think a complaint should be made -- well, you're eminently qualified to ask, or to make a complaint, Counselor. They'd listen to you. They have to. :)

Most of us others -- well, we're not so qualified, I guess. :) So, there's one way to find out...

Johann
johann

Previous

Return to General Discussions