California Southern U. eligible to seek RA candidacy.

General discussions concerning institutions and degree programs.

Re: California Southern U. eligible to seek RA candidacy.

Postby vinny123 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:06 pm

[quote="Rich Douglas"][quote="vinny123"][quote="Jimmy"]Been a long time since we've had fireworks on here.[/quote]

Not fireworks Jimmy, merely acting-out behavior on the part of certain posters who use this forum for self-esteem purposes with absolutely no regard for the well being of other posters. Just imagine Jimmy, in good faith, a poster presents relevant information that was thought to be of interest to posters and immediately there is an outpouring of naysayers who question the credibility of the information provided and then proceed to engage in their pseudo-pedantic rants that are totally out of touch with the context of the straightforward post provided.[/quote]

DOUGLAS: No one "questioned the credibility" of what you posted, Vinny. Speaking for myself, I merely pointed out that it didn't have much meaning at this point. The rest was your psychotic ramblings.[/quote]

VINNY: So now your "Name it and Frame it"doctorate enables you to diagnose posters as "Psychotic"? That is some potent degree Douglas (merely humoring this guy whose grandiose posturing is laughable :lol:)
Vinny
vinny123

Postby vinny123 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:14 pm

[quote="Rich Douglas"][quote="vinny123"][quote="SteveFoerster"]You have to love it when an anonymous troll criticizes the real credentials of others.... :roll:[/quote]

VINNY: Poor, desperate Foerster. Unable to provide anything of value to this topic so he continues to flame and engage in petty antics. So be it.

In fact I did not raise the issue relating to Douglas's credentials but he did defensively as a fallacious argument in a futile attempt to :wink: prove that his degrees makes his assertions and opinions more credible and valid than other posters. Based on his record of inaccurate predictions and assertions it is apparent that this is not the case and I merely clarified this fact.[/quote]

Douglas: Which might be reasonable if (a) you had even a clue about what you're talking about and (b) went about it in a cogent fashion. Instead you lash out at everyone else.

VINNY: Oh I know what I am talking about. Sorry Douglas, the only lashing out is emanating from your numerous hyper-defensive raging posts above in a futile attempt to defend yourself regarding my valid feedback. Thanks for validating my point!
Vinny
vinny123

Postby Rich Douglas » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:08 am

As others will likely do, I'll leave Vinny's nonsensical rants to himself. But to clarify to not-so-long readers--since Vinny did not (and mislead people with his "Name It and Frame It" reference)--I hold a Ph.D. from Union Institute and University. I concentrated in Higher Education and specialized in Nontraditional Higher Education. I did a dissertation studying the acceptance of college degrees to employers based on the accreditation status of the issuing school.

"Name It and Frame It" was a book by Steve Levicoff about religious degree mills. Steve and I both graduated from Union, but his book has nothing to do with Union and I have nothing to do with his book.

The Union Graduate School (the forerunner to the current Ph.D. program) was created by the Union for Experimenting Colleges and Universities in the early 1970's. The period of time Vinny was referring to was in the early 2000's, when the Ohio Board of Regents raised objections to the quality of some of the dissertations produced by Union learners and to the wide array of concentrations Ph.D. students could declare. These were serious and valid concerns. They are also a decade old and have long been resolved.

Like Steve Levicoff, I am fortunate to have experienced Union when it really was the leader of learner-centered graduate education. There are many things about Union over the years to criticize, including many Vinny has absolutely no idea about. But since he is an anonymous internet troll, I suggest he has no standing on which he can base his opinions--his assessments have no credibility. If he assesses certain facts, they may be verified by others. (Except when he tells us about conversations he allegedly held, which are not verifiable.)

So if a troll can offer no assessments--he has no standing so we cannot assess the veracity of his opining--and the only assertions we can rely upon are those verifiable elsewhere--what else does he have to offer this board? Oh, right. Ad Hominem. Thanks, Vinny. We were running low. :roll:
Rich Douglas

Postby vinny123 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:07 am

[quote="Rich Douglas"]As others will likely do, I'll leave Vinny's nonsensical rants to himself. But to clarify to not-so-long readers--since Vinny did not (and mislead people with his "Name It and Frame It" reference)--I hold a Ph.D. from Union Institute and University. I concentrated in Higher Education and specialized in Nontraditional Higher Education. I did a dissertation studying the acceptance of college degrees to employers based on the accreditation status of the issuing school.

"Name It and Frame It" was a book by Steve Levicoff about religious degree mills. Steve and I both graduated from Union, but his book has nothing to do with Union and I have nothing to do with his book.

The Union Graduate School (the forerunner to the current Ph.D. program) was created by the Union for Experimenting Colleges and Universities in the early 1970's. The period of time Vinny was referring to was in the early 2000's, when the Ohio Board of Regents raised objections to the quality of some of the dissertations produced by Union learners and to the wide array of concentrations Ph.D. students could declare. [u][b]These were serious and valid concerns.[/b][/u] They are also a decade old and have long been resolved.

Like Steve Levicoff, I am fortunate to have experienced Union when it really was the leader of learner-centered graduate education. There are many things about Union over the years to criticize, including many Vinny has absolutely no idea about. But since he is an anonymous internet troll, I suggest he has no standing on which he can base his opinions--his assessments have no credibility. If he assesses certain facts, they may be verified by others. (Except when he tells us about conversations he allegedly held, which are not verifiable.)

So if a troll can offer no assessments--he has no standing so we cannot assess the veracity of his opining--and the only assertions we can rely upon are those verifiable elsewhere--what else does he have to offer this board? Oh, right. [i]Ad Hominem.[/i] Thanks, Vinny. We were running low. :roll:[/quote]

VINNY: Well there is one thing we have learned from Douglas' numerous postings and that is he is a very secure, self confident, non-defensive person who does not have to engage in rambling monologues regarding the superiority of his Ivy League :roll: degree and anachronistic dissertation topic to attempt to dominate discussions and to suppress and negate posters who disagree with him. And I am the King of England. :lol:

Yep, on this forum he is a legend in his own mind but in reality....well that's another story. :wink:
Vinny
vinny123

Postby Rich Douglas » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:45 pm

Well, folks, this thread has boiled down to a troll-feeding exercise. Take it away, Vinny! :roll:
Rich Douglas

Postby vinny123 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:13 pm

[quote="Rich Douglas"]Well, folks, this thread has boiled down to a troll-feeding exercise. Take it away, Vinny! :roll:[/quote]
VINNY: Well folks, this thread has actually boiled down to an ego boosting- feeding exercise due to its misuse by several long-term posters who have the gall to use this virtual forum to promote and enhance their self-worth rather than its intended purpose; to respectfully engage in meaningful discussion and exchange of information with fellow posters. :roll: :roll:

Take it away Douglas
Vinny
vinny123

Postby Rich Douglas » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:42 pm

Image Image
Rich Douglas

Postby vinny123 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:05 pm

[quote="Rich Douglas"][img]http://slightly-skewed.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Don__t_feed_the_Troll1.jpg[/img] [img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/19/Trolls.jpg[/img][/quote]

VINNY: Well folks another example of poster's such as Douglas who when "caught" and tagged for their attempts to control discussions on this forum either through flaunting their nothing special educational credentials and inconsequential academic attainments :cry: or by pedantic monologues, attempt to negate the credibility of posters who hold them accountable by terming them trolls!

How pathetic. I actually am beginning to feel sorry for Douglas.
Vinny
vinny123

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:27 pm

vinny123, Dr. Rich Douglas earned solid reputation among members of this forum and other forums.
I may not agree at times with some political views but when it comes to DL he is someone to listen to.

As to SCU. it is interesting to me how are they going to handle the Doctorate programs for preparation/attempt for WASC accreditation.
From the past I read other schools making statement that they are pursuing RA and for years and some never gained it, this is not guaranteed.

Saying that I wish SCU to achieve that important milestone, this will be a great benefit for the graduates.
Eric

"The best social program is a good job,"
President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby major56 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Eric wrote:vinny123, Dr. Rich Douglas earned solid reputation among members of this forum and other forums.
I may not agree at times with some political views but when it comes to DL he is someone to listen to.

As to SCU. it is interesting to me how are they going to handle the Doctorate programs for preparation/attempt for WASC accreditation.
From the past I read other schools making statement that they are pursuing RA and for years and some never gained it, this is not guaranteed.

Saying that I wish SCU to achieve that important milestone, this will be a great benefit for the graduates.

As I have previously mentioned; Dr. Douglas and me are from different tribes when it comes to several subject areas. Even so –Rich’s academic credentials have never been remotely a point of argument whatsoever. He possesses an indisputable regional accredited Ph.D. as well as several additional degrees. BTW, I do not have a doctorate and do not recall that Rich has used that detail as a counterpoint to corroborate his argument/s with me either.
Major

“We recruit what we are.”—Major General Jack Klemp, Marine Corps Recruiting Command
major56

Postby nosborne48 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:55 pm

"...a great benefit for the graduates."

Well...maybe. But maybe not. SCU is an accredited school offering legitimate and useful degrees to adult learners for a cost that isn't astronomical. http://www.calsouthern.edu/admissions/tuition/

However, if the school attains regional accreditation, I'm afraid they'll hike their tuition rates just because they can.

The last time I saw this happen was when Alliant International bought the venerable, reasonably priced San Francisco Law School. SFLS was CBE accredited before the takeover and CBE accredited after the takeover. It is not and likely never will be ABA approved. Same J.D. degree program, same general utility. Yet Alliant hiked tuition from about $550/semester hour to $800/s.h. overnight. http://www.alliant.edu/admissions/tuition.php The SOLE significant advantage to SFLS students of the Alliant connection was that they could now take out federal student loans because Alliant brought with it regional accreditation. Is that "advantage" really worth an additional $20,000 in student loan debt for a CBE J.D.? Really?

I don't think so.
Una cosa mala nunca muere.
nosborne48

Postby vinny123 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:56 pm

[quote="Eric"]vinny123, Dr. Rich Douglas earned solid reputation among members of this forum and other forums.

VINNY: Eric, no one is saying not listen to Douglas BUT when he falls back on his doctorate as a basis to promote his views and to dominate discussions, that does not sit well with me and a number of other posters.

Personally I am more concerned with the substance of one's perspective and thought, not their purported expertise based on their credentials. This is especially so when a poster such as Douglas, claims to be a master of a subject area, distance education, but has NOT produced/authored any substantive writings, academic or otherwise, regarding distance education since graduating with his doctorate. Instead, his so-called authority rests on his past laurels, which does not add weight to his assertions or predictions or make them any more valid or accurate than the input generated by many other posters on this forum who do not possess such credentials.

ERIC: As to SCU. it is interesting to me how are they going to handle the Doctorate programs for preparation/attempt for WASC accreditation.

Saying that I wish SCU to achieve that important milestone, this will be a great benefit for the graduates.[/quote]

VINNY: I agree.
Vinny
vinny123

Postby vinny123 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:11 pm

MAJOR56: As to SCU. it is interesting to me how are they going to handle the Doctorate programs for preparation/attempt for WASC accreditation.

VINNY: There are never guarantees. However, it appears that Dr. Hecht appears to still be at the helm of CSU and with his significant experience and business savvy in obtaining regional accreditation, as he did with NCU, significantly enhances the chances that CSU will obtain their objective of obtaining RA.

MAJOR56: As I have previously mentioned; Dr. Douglas and me are from different tribes when it comes to several subject areas. Even so –Rich’s academic credentials have never been remotely a point of argument whatsoever. He possesses an indisputable regional accredited Ph.D. as well as several additional degrees. BTW, I do not have a doctorate and do not recall that Rich has used that detail as a counterpoint to corroborate his argument/s with me either.[/quote]

VINNY: Major56, it is not a matter of contesting Douglas's educational credential BUT how it is used to push through his viewpoint over others with whom he strongly disagrees. This was not the first time this has occurred or the only forum in which such antics have been observed, but on many previous occasions as well.

So while you may not have experienced such "bullying" a number of other posters have over the years whenever Douglas is held accountable or when he feels he is losing ground or is criticized for certain assertions or stands he has made in the past but subsequently denies doing so. It is his modus operandi, which he if entitled to, but needs to be pointed out nonetheless.
Vinny
vinny123

Postby vinny123 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:16 pm

[quote="nosborne48"]"...a great benefit for the graduates."

Well...maybe. But maybe not. SCU is an accredited school offering legitimate and useful degrees to adult learners for a cost that isn't astronomical. http://www.calsouthern.edu/admissions/tuition/

However, if the school attains regional accreditation, I'm afraid they'll hike their tuition rates just because they can.

The last time I saw this happen was when Alliant International bought the venerable, reasonably priced San Francisco Law School. SFLS was CBE accredited before the takeover and CBE accredited after the takeover. It is not and likely never will be ABA approved. Same J.D. degree program, same general utility. Yet Alliant hiked tuition from about $550/semester hour to $800/s.h. overnight. http://www.alliant.edu/admissions/tuition.php The SOLE significant advantage to SFLS students of the Alliant connection was that they could now take out federal student loans because Alliant brought with it regional accreditation. Is that "advantage" really worth an additional $20,000 in student loan debt for a CBE J.D.? Really?

I don't think so.[/quote]

VINNY: Nosborne without a doubt IF CSU attains RA they will hike up their tuition and from a business sense I am quite certain that is one of their primary rationales for seeking RA status. Not only will RA provide CSU"s educational credentials with significantly more credibility but will attract more students and more financial gain.
Vinny
vinny123

Postby major56 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:10 pm

Vinny,

I do not doubt the intended sincerity in your statement/s … was merely pointing to cases I have argued with Rich; and some have been quite energetic –even recent. Perhaps Rich, as well as we all, can /will consider your observations are intended as constructive criticism/s. BTW, I certainly appreciate I have need of reproof / wake-up calls myself.

Cheers ...
Major

“We recruit what we are.”—Major General Jack Klemp, Marine Corps Recruiting Command
major56

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions