Please evaluate my high school's business plan

General discussions concerning institutions and degree programs.

Please evaluate my high school's business plan

Postby lfstovall » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:40 pm

Hello everyone. I found your discussion board and would like to ask you all to review my business plans for a new type of high school to be built in Dallas, Texas. Please also give your opinions on how colleges would receive students that come from this unique school. Also comment on: Do you feel that one of our local Universities would be well served working with us on our program and mentoring are students.

Along with your comments, please tell me a little bit about yourself. Note that our school is not in operation yet.

Our website: http://www.dallastrinityriver.com/
Full documentation: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6wnth ... 1hpWm50ZWM

Thank you for your comments. :)

Regards,
Libbi Stovall
Founder/CEO
Dallas Trinity River Eco-School & Eco-Lodge
lfstovall

Re: Please evaluate my high school's business plan

Postby Eric » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:04 am

One question I would ask is who will recognize this High School diploma for entry in to recognized college or university?

Some K12 - Middle, and High School students work extremely hard in traditional High Schools because these schools have history and build trust and acceptance among leading universities in USA.
Students go to Stamford, Yale, NYU etc after graduation from traditional high school.

I'm not saying that its impossible to be accepted in to ivy league or other respected colleges from other High Schools. But when you start a new school you seems to offer some other fresh approach but will you be applying for recognized accreditation in state of TX?
Eric

"The best social program is a good job,"
President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby lfstovall » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:28 am

Eric, I know that my document is lengthy. The answer to that is on page 13. I chose the Texas Alliance of Private Schools (TAAPS) and explain that they will accredit our school. Please comment on what I have written.
lfstovall

Postby Eric » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:34 am

lfstovall wrote:Eric, I know that my document is lengthy. The answer to that is on page 13. I chose the Texas Alliance of Private Schools (TAAPS) and explain that they will accredit our school. Please comment on what I have written.

I couldn't find anything about accreditation on page 13 or other pages.
TEPSAC Accrediting Agencies such as TAAPS allow credit transfer to TX public schools, to me that is a good sign.

I personally think that Regional Accreditation even of High Schools has more to offer in recognition.
Eric

President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:36 am

I see it, the language is we will certify it via TAAPS.
TEPSAC Accrediting Agencies such as TAAPS allow credit transfer to TX public schools, to me that is a good sign.
Eric

President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Return to General Discussions