What's the accreditation status of Charisma University?

General discussions concerning institutions and degree programs.

Re: What's the accreditation status of Charisma University?

Postby mbwa shenzi » Wed May 07, 2014 7:30 pm

worldtraveler wrote:Sir, you can view Charisma University's accreditation on the ASIC website.

We've been through that already. I consider ASIC accreditation irrelevant.

worldtraveler wrote:And you can also go to the ACE website to see Charisma University's membership as well as the ACBSP website to see that Charisma University is a "Candidate for Accreditation".

That too has been discussed.

worldtraveler wrote:Both ACE and ACBSP has had the opportunity to review the MOE recognition from the Turks and Caicos Islands and I am confident that ACE and ACBSP would not have recognized them, if the MOE was bogus.

I don't think the Turks & Caicos MOE is bogus. I do think, however, that they don't actually accredit anything and that, as you yourself indicated, your ASIC accreditation has been of some importance in all this.

worldtraveler wrote:Charisma University's letter from the TCI MOE will not be released because it shows other confidential information, not for public dissemination.

I kind of thought that that would be your answer. Thank you very much, I've made my mind up about Charisma University.
Jogoo la shamba hawiki mjini
mbwa shenzi

Postby johann » Wed May 07, 2014 7:56 pm

Nzuri! :)

Johann
johann

Postby surprises » Thu May 08, 2014 1:02 am

Shenzi, your opinion doesn't matter. Whether or not Charisma decides to publish its MOE doesn't change the fact they are legitimate and recognized degree granting institution. You have ZERO experience in higher education as we all can tell :) . Mind you, the MOE of Charisma clearly has it written that is an approval license issued to Charisma University by the Ministry of Education (MOE) for its operation of its online academic programs in Turks and Caicos Islands (TCI). You don't buy this license from TCI MOE! You have to undergo their rigorous processes including due diligence, interview of staff and some faculty, students' surveys, financial stability, and site visit for the proposed location the institution wishes to reside on. It doesn't end by issuing this MOE license, the University remains on a continuous supervision and monitoring by the TCI Higher Education Advisory Board. And again, it is within the domain of the University to publish this MOE or not!
Shenzi, are you in a better position than ACBSP to judge Charisma University as a recognized degree granting institution? Or are you in a better position than ACE to judge Charisma University as a recognized degree granting institution? Or are you in a better position than Thailand ministry of education to judge Charisma University as a recognized degree granting institution? By the way, since you are from Nigeria, let me inform you also that your Nigeria Ministry of education has copy of Charisma University MOE recognition and have evaluated some of Charisma University credentials as equivalent to Nigeria degrees issued from Nigeria accredited/recognized institutions! I am sure you know how to verify this :D after all you have over 30 years experience in higher education :o. No one is asking you to see ASIC accreditation relevant or not; it doesn't change anything neither does it make ASIC a bogus accrediting body :lol: . The reality here is that we don't know you exist neither does any of your opinion or your friends' opinions here matter :D. Let me ask you, how long has ACBSP being in existence? How about ACE? You think ACBSP and ACE are like individuals or perhaps they don't do their jobs properly? Where do you fall in if I may ask? You are practically nothing and very troublesome :( . Most Nigerians I have known were opposite you or are you from Boko haram group :shock: (pardon my spelling here, but I don't know how to spell this Boko haram)?
surprises

Postby Rich Douglas » Thu May 08, 2014 1:44 am

We now have 23 pages on a recently relocated operation on a little territory with no authority to recognize universities, no ability to do so, and no evidence that it has.

"He (not "they") doth protest too much."

Until something breaks, I think I'll bow out. My prediction: ACBSP will begin to do its due diligence and boot this thing to the curb. The excuses will fly and nothing will change until some T&C locals get upset and boot this thing from their island paradise, too.

Sealand, here they come!
Rich Douglas

Postby surprises » Thu May 08, 2014 2:02 am

Rich Douglas wrote:on a little territory with no authority to recognize universities, no ability to do so, and no evidence that it has

I believe SteveFoerster has addressed this which opposed your statements! No need for me discussing this again.
Rich Douglas wrote:My prediction: ACBSP will begin to do its due diligence and boot this thing to the curb. The excuses will fly and nothing will change until some T&C locals get upset and boot this thing from their island paradise, too.

I am sure you are praying that Charisma University experience the same thing your previous school had over their accreditation which they nearly lost! Guess what, God won't answer you :D . Your prayers can't even reach heaven on this!

Me too, I am surprised how this young school, Charisma University, could earn such recognitions! It says good of them. When did your previous school become a recognized institution :) ?
surprises

Postby mbwa shenzi » Thu May 08, 2014 7:43 am

surprises wrote:Shenzi, your opinion doesn't matter.

Not to you perhaps, but to others, it does.

surprises wrote:Whether or not Charisma decides to publish its MOE doesn't change the fact they are legitimate and recognized degree granting institution.

There's no evidence of that.

surprises wrote:You have ZERO experience in higher education as we all can tell

:D :) :( :shock: :wink: :P :wink: :mrgreen:, to use a few of your most frequent arguments.

surprises wrote:Mind you, the MOE of Charisma clearly has it written that is an approval license issued to Charisma University by the Ministry of Education (MOE) for its operation of its online academic programs in Turks and Caicos Islands (TCI). You don't buy this license from TCI MOE!

I don't think you bought anything and I don't think the Turks & Caicos Ministry is incompetent or bogus either: I think you overstated the importance of ASIC accreditation in your contacts with them, and got away with it. Congratulations, and best of luck in the future.

surprises wrote:You have to undergo their rigorous processes including due diligence, interview of staff and some faculty, students' surveys, financial stability, and site visit for the proposed location the institution wishes to reside on.

A site visit to unit 214, Neptune Court, 30 Sandcastle Road, Grace Bay, Providenciales?

surprises wrote:Shenzi, are you in a better position than ACBSP to judge Charisma University as a recognized degree granting institution?

ACBSP doesn't accredit institutions, only business programs.

surprises wrote:Or are you in a better position than ACE to judge Charisma University as a recognized degree granting institution?

ACE is not an accrediting body, it's an association, in which Saint Ambrose College too was a member.

surprises wrote:let me inform you also that your Nigeria Ministry of education has copy of Charisma University MOE recognition and have evaluated some of Charisma University credentials as equivalent to Nigeria degrees issued from Nigeria accredited/recognized institutions!

Let's see now, Charisma University, founded in March 2011 in the Philippines. Assuming that you admitted students immediately, students taking your bachelor programs are now in their fourth year, right?

surprises wrote:I am sure you know how to verify this :D after all you have over 30 years experience in higher education

Yes, and yes, twelwe out of thirty in admissions and credential evaluation.

surprises wrote:No one is asking you to see ASIC accreditation relevant or not; it doesn't change anything neither does it make ASIC a bogus accrediting body

I've never said it's bogus. However, in my opinion, ASIC accreditation is irrelevant. ASIC is not an "international accrediting body", as your affiliate Saint Monica University claims on its web site.

surprises wrote:You are practically nothing and very troublesome

It is extremely tempting to use that as a sig line. With your permission, of course.

surprises wrote:Most Nigerians I have known were opposite you or are you from Boko haram group :shock:?

I think your lawsuit just took a turn for the worse, mate. And now, I'll follow the example of Dr Douglas and bow out of this discussion. Thank you Charisma, it's been entertaining and enlightening.
mbwa shenzi

Postby SteveFoerster » Thu May 08, 2014 2:37 pm

surprises wrote:or are you from Boko haram group :shock:

It's one thing to make childish remarks about those with whom you disagree, but this is truly a loathsome suggestion. :x
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Postby surprises » Thu May 08, 2014 4:43 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:It's one thing to make childish remarks about those with whom you disagree, but this is truly a loathsome suggestion.

I never called Shenzi "Boko Haram"; if you read my statement clearly, it says that most Nigerians I known were nice and opposite to Shenzi who claim to be a Nigeria. To me, Boko Haram is a general definition to a troublesome person or people, it doesn't necessarily mean that Shenzi is a Boko Haram. As you have witnessed so far on this thread, Shenzi had made some troubles about Charisma University; his game he played to tarnish Charisma University image, but he did not succeed.

mbwa shenzi wrote:Let's see now, Charisma University, founded in March 2011 in the Philippines. Assuming that you admitted students immediately, students taking your bachelor programs are now in their fourth year, right?

Assuming Shenzi has over 30 years of experience as he claimed, he will also understand that students can come in as transfer students (Junior status) and graduate within a year :) http://charismauniversity.org/tcpmnotca.php

mbwa shenzi wrote:I think your lawsuit just took a turn for the worse, mate

It doesn't free you from any accusations the court may bring against you; you have so much libel statements against Charisma on this thread; you may not be aware of them BUT the court will do a great job explaining them to you. Like I said, I am not an attorney and neither am I Charisma owner. I take interest here posting for Charisma because I am their student and it is totally disgusting having someone tarnish the image of a recognized school.

mbwa shenzi wrote:ACBSP doesn't accredit institutions, only business programs

Charisma never said it is accredited by ACBSP and their is no guarantee it will be ACBSP accredited in the future. The underlying point here which I have said is that ACBSP member schools are recognized institutions which in the USA must be regionally accredited or international must be recognized by an appropriate authorized as a degree granting institution. Please don't make me repeat this again :(
mbwa shenzi wrote:
ACE is not an accrediting body, it's an association, in which Saint Ambrose College too was a member.

Of course we all know that ACE is not an accrediting body. Are you implying that ACE is not also good enough as an association? I don't know much of St. Ambrose College but what I do know is that ACE membership is granted to ONLY recognized institutions.
surprises

Postby SteveFoerster » Thu May 08, 2014 5:36 pm

surprises wrote:I never called Shenzi "Boko Haram"; if you read my statement clearly, it says that most Nigerians I known were nice and opposite to Shenzi who claim to be a Nigeria. To me, Boko Haram is a general definition to a troublesome person or people, it doesn't necessarily mean that Shenzi is a Boko Haram. As you have witnessed so far on this thread, Shenzi had made some troubles about Charisma University; his game he played to tarnish Charisma University image, but he did not succeed.

All he's done has been to ask a lot of questions and express doubt. In fact, I think he's given Charisma more benefit of the doubt than anyone else here except me.

Anyway, since you're a student, does that mean that you will attend the residency?
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Postby Eric » Thu May 08, 2014 8:14 pm

ACE is respectful association.

Charisma University is an Associate and an International subscriber of ACE.
Its a good thing and there is a value added in being ACE associate.

Associates are branch campuses, accreditation candidates, international higher education institutions, and international organizations that are concerned with higher education.

ACE has a great service for adult learners:

https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseact ... ripts.main

Use the ACE CREDIT® Registry and Transcript System to maintain an account of your ACE-reviewed training or order an official ACE transcript. The ACE CREDIT Registry and Transcript System is only for adult learners that have successfully completed:

Courses and examinations through ACE CREDIT Evaluated Organizations or
CEU requirements for IACET Authorized Providers that participate in the ACE CEU Transcript Service.
Check to see if your completed course or examination has been reviewed by ACE CREDIT for a college credit recommendation or carries the IACET CEU requirement.

If you are new to the ACE CREDIT Registry and Transcript Site and have completed a course or exam with any of the following organizations, please click here for additional instructions:

American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages, Inc. (ACTFL)
Element K
National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS)
Walt Disney
Last edited by Eric on Thu May 08, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

"The best social program is a good job,"
President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby johann » Thu May 08, 2014 8:15 pm

surprises wrote: ..or are you from Boko haram group :shock:

mbwa shenzi wrote:I think your lawsuit just took a turn for the worse, mate. And now, I'll follow the example of Dr Douglas and bow out of this discussion. Thank you Charisma, it's been entertaining and enlightening.

SteveFoerster wrote:It's one thing to make childish remarks about those with whom you disagree, but this is truly a loathsome suggestion. :x

Indeed -- it is about as loathsome as it gets. And your furious backpedaling is not believable, surprises. We here all know full well what "Boko haram" means and to whom it applies. It is an absolutely disgusting suggestion. Had I the power, I would ban you from the forum. :evil:

Sadly, now that the "boko haram" card has been played, all I can really do is leave this discussion. I shall follow the examples of Dr. Douglas and mbwa shenzi.

Johann
johann

Postby Eric » Thu May 08, 2014 8:25 pm

Boko haram for these of us who don't know is an Islamic sect who belief western education is contradictory to sharia law and therefore seek the death of anyone romancing westernisation, so its an Islamic jihadist militant organisation based in the northeast of Nigeria, north Cameroon and other locations.
Eric

"The best social program is a good job,"
President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby johann » Thu May 08, 2014 9:36 pm

Eric wrote:...its an Islamic jihadist militant organisation

I think pretty well everyone knows that - and has heard of Boko Haram's recent kidnapping of over 200 girls and the threatened sale of them into neighbouring countries. Wow - some bravery! It is evil and sad that a poster would ask a member if he is "boko haram." As I said, I'm out of this. :(

I'm not even looking back.

Johann
johann

Postby surprises » Thu May 08, 2014 10:02 pm

Simply put, Johann and his friends are running away from this forum because they are defeated :D . Don't use Boko Haram as an excuse :mrgreen: We understand the game OK. No one called any person Boko Haram here except if you don't understand how to read again.

You simply wasted our time in this thread tarnishing the image of a recognized University; but obviously, you did not succeed . Johann, Rich, Hungry Ghost and Shenzi I curse you from today that your OWN image will be tarnished completely and that all your successes shall be denied by GOD. This curse has reached Heaven and shall be granted by God.
surprises

Postby surprises » Thu May 08, 2014 11:56 pm

Simply put, Johann and his friends are running away from this forum because they are defeated :D . Don't use Boko Haram as an excuse :mrgreen: We understand the game OK. No one called any person Boko Haram here except if you don't understand how to read again.

You simply wasted our time in this thread tarnishing the image of a recognized University; but obviously, you did not succeed . Johann, Rich, Hungry Ghost, Levicoff and Shenzi I curse you from today that your OWN image will be tarnished completely and that all your successes shall be denied by GOD. This curse has reached Heaven and shall be granted by God.
surprises

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions