What's the accreditation status of Charisma University?

General discussions concerning institutions and degree programs.

Re: What's the accreditation status of Charisma University?

Postby mbwa shenzi » Tue May 06, 2014 2:05 pm

surprises wrote:Have you advised other schools on that Thailand Ministry of Education list to relocate to another country to have their names removed from that list :D ? This was your interpretation "Dr" Shanzi with over 30 years experience in Higher Education :o

Sigh. No, that's your interpretation, not mine.

surprises wrote:Rather than you giving credit to Charisma University for their recognitions which not only ASIC is a witness, not only ACE is a witness, not only ACBSP is witness, not only Thailand Ministry of Education is a witness, all you could do is to turn Charisma recognitions upside down; a tactics you have created with your friends to avoid students from enrolling to Charisma. And you will be the first to ask "what makes this a legal case"? It is :evil:

You're clearly not reading my posts, or don't understand them.
Jogoo la shamba hawiki mjini
mbwa shenzi

Postby SteveFoerster » Tue May 06, 2014 3:15 pm

worldtraveler wrote:I would like to announce that Charisma University will hold it's first residency in the Turks and Caicos Islands, from June 20 through July 9, 2014. We will have between 43 to 100 students attending. And yes that building is big enough to hold classes. We have already began to make lodging arrangements on the TCI.

That's a very significant number! Are residencies compulsory or optional for students? Also, out of curiosity, since you keep saying "we" and so it's obvious you have some sort of leadership role there, would you be willing to introduce yourself? This is a forum that has long respected pseudonymity, so you don't have to, but it would be interesting to know.

The more that you and your other bloggers attempt to smear the good name of Charisma University, it will work against you. You and the other posters who are attempting to ruin their reputation, the more publicity you are giving us. So thank you very much. People are ready for a change in higher education. I believe that eventually campus based education will become obsolete. Why should a university spend their financial resources with building illustrious campuses, libraries, hiring tenured faculty and all of the other expenses in running an institution? Access to the internet essentially does away with the need for expensive libraries. So with all respect, someday you will be replaced by someone manning a computer, sitting at home grading papers in their underwear while drinking a cup of coffee. Wake up folks! Your defense of traditional education is failing badly.

I realize you're playing to the audience here, but you know that's unfair. This forum traces its origins through another forum, DegreeInfo, and before that back to a Usenet newsgroup from the '90s called alt.education.distance. So the Charisma naysayers here aren't dismissing distance learning, with which most of them have been closely involved for years and in some cases decades.

However we do appreciate the free advertising, because our enrollment numbers are increasing by leaps and bounds on a daily basis.

I doubt it's from comments on this forum, though, since its Alexa rating here is pretty low and other than those who post here I doubt very many people read them. But when it comes to Google PageRank, yes, every bit helps.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Postby Hungry Ghost » Tue May 06, 2014 3:31 pm

surprises wrote:Johann, Rich Douglas, Shenzi, and Hungry Ghost, do you think that by sitting down and saying negative stuff about Charisma University office building will convince people to believe you?

You seem to think that you can use Degreediscussion to advertise your online business and that people will believe you. I'm just expressing my own personal skepticism about some of the claims that are being made. Degreediscussion's readers will have to make up their own minds.

Smart people can easily find the truth about Charisma University office location and office size by a simply phone call or e-mail

Why should smart people be making telephone calls when they can talk to a Charisma representative (I'm guessing its owner, this thing isn't large) right here?

Just to let you know, this advertisement about this Neptune Court office was before Charisma University signed up for the lease agreement. Intelligent people will easily understand this!

Charisma hasn't been boasting a Turks and Caicos address for very long, has it? Less than a year ago, it was stoutly insisting (in this thread!) that it was a properly constituted and fully recognized Philippine university, located in the Philippines. Now suddenly, a few months later, it's insisting that it's the Turks and Caicos' one and only university and that somehow it already possesses the international equivalent of American regional accreditation, bestowed by the T&C "MOE". That's pretty amazing in itself. I don't believe that anyone familiar with real-life higher education would find it even remotely credible.

When Charisma supposedly moved from the Philippines to the Turks and Caicos, what physically moved? Real accreditable universities have offices, they have staff, they have no end of administrative functions. So how many Charisma employees uprooted their Philippine lives and moved half the world away to this small island resort?

My guess is that the number is probably zero, right? This thing isn't really a university at all to my eye, it's more along the lines of an address of convenience, a mail drop. It domiciles itself wherever the local laws seem to be laxest.

Whatever is physically located in the Turks and Caicos at the moment, it can't be very robust if at best it occupies a tiny recently-rented one or two room office space on the second floor above a Chinese restaurant. Who works there, a single local? What does he/she do? It can't be much more than playing Charisma receptionist, answering phones and forwarding mail. (To where, exactly?)

This thing doesn't look anything remotely like a university, at least as the rest of the world understands that term. It will be interesting to learn what the ACBSP's site-visit team discovers, assuming that Charisma's application ever progresses as far as a visit.
Hungry Ghost

Postby surprises » Tue May 06, 2014 4:39 pm

SteveFoerster, from what I know, this Charisma residency is optional and this is the first of its kind. Whether or not Charisma will make it mandatory, I don't know. I am pretty sure worldtraveler is not part of Charisma leadership team; if he/she is one of the leadership team members, I will know. I guess he/she hates it seeing a recognized University being attacked so he/she uses the word "We" when stating his/her points.

As per Hungry Ghost, I have nothing to respond to you! Only a child will respond to you since you have refused to simply make that call to find out more about Charisma administrative office. I have no further business with you. This math is simple and the truth will be out. Why guessing???? You are making an argument but refused to have it proved? It doesn't make sense to me brother. Charisma University has proved their case, have you :D ?

Take care
surprises

Postby mbwa shenzi » Tue May 06, 2014 6:11 pm

surprises wrote:You are making an argument but refused to have it proved? It doesn't make sense to me brother.

So what's stopping you from sharing whatever documents you might have from the Turks & Caicos MOE? E no make sense broda.
mbwa shenzi

Postby mbwa shenzi » Tue May 06, 2014 6:54 pm

I'm curious to hear what you have to say about this, surprises and worldtraveler

http://www.fhal-edu.org/universities.html

Now, Fade Hitech Associate Limited is affiliated with Bircham International University, Irish University Business School, the International University Business School, Universidad Empresarial de Costa Rica and a Nigerian Polytechnic. According to the web site, FHAL also enrolls students into the online programs of a few other universities, including Charisma University.

Here's a bit of info from FHAL's FAQ:

6. What is the validity of FHAL degree programmes?

6a Answer:

(i) FHAL recruits students

(ii) FHAL trains the students

(iii) FHAL recommends qualified students for degrees of their choice. Institution then validates FHAL programmes

(iv) FHAL remit required fees to the affiliated institutions/Associations while they award degrees/membership certificate to successful candidates

Now my question is if this how your agreement with FHAL works too, that is, do you validate the programs given by FHAL or are the students admitted directly into Charisma University's online programs? I think it's reasonable to assume that this is the case but perhaps you could confirm this,
mbwa shenzi

Postby surprises » Tue May 06, 2014 7:29 pm

mbwa shenzi wrote:I'm curious to hear what you have to say about this, surprises and worldtraveler

http://www.fhal-edu.org/universities.html

Now, Fade Hitech Associate Limited is affiliated with Bircham International University, Irish University Business School, the International University Business School, Universidad Empresarial de Costa Rica and a Nigerian Polytechnic. According to the web site, FHAL also enrolls students into the online programs of a few other universities, including Charisma University.

Here's a bit of info from FHAL's FAQ:

Hope you are not blind Shanzi? Did you see from the link that Charisma University, St. Louis University, and Maharish Markandeshwar University are not affiliated with FHAL but instead they enroll students to these three Universities! The FAQs are for their affiliated institutions. Can't you read and understand things anymore? What is the meaning of affiliation? Charisma University, St. Louis University, and Maharish Markandeshwar University are not their affiliates and SO do not participate in their degree validation! They recruit students for Charisma University, St. Louis University, and Maharish Markandeshwar University and students study online directly with Charisma University, St. Louis University, or Maharish Markandeshwar University. UNDERSTOOD :)
surprises

Postby surprises » Tue May 06, 2014 7:33 pm

and by the way Charisma University is not in USA; I see this FAHL addressing Charisma as USA school. Charisma website or any publications never implied the University is in USA. You can advise FAHL to correct this error since you are interested to know about them. Thanks!
surprises

Postby surprises » Tue May 06, 2014 7:36 pm

mbwa shenzi wrote:
surprises wrote:You are making an argument but refused to have it proved? It doesn't make sense to me brother.

So what's stopping you from sharing whatever documents you might have from the Turks & Caicos MOE? E no make sense broda.

And what makes you think Charisma University doesn't want to show this MOE recognition? Charisma University should have not showed it to ASIC, ACE, ACBSP, and other Ministres of Education around the world. Shenzi, I wish Charisma is aware you exist, they will show it to you OK :)

I wonder why you addressed me as the Charisma owner; you are really making me feel so BIG! Thanks for this honor :D
surprises

Postby mbwa shenzi » Tue May 06, 2014 7:40 pm

surprises wrote:They recruit students for Charisma University, St. Louis University, and Maharish Markandeshwar University and students study online directly with Charisma University, St. Louis University, or Maharish Markandeshwar University. UNDERSTOOD :)

Thank you for confirming that you have an agreement to recruit students to your online programs with an organisation affiliated with a university that has been declared illegal in Nigeria.
mbwa shenzi

Postby mbwa shenzi » Tue May 06, 2014 7:43 pm

surprises wrote:I wonder why you addressed me as the Charisma owner; you are really making me feel so BIG! Thanks for this honor :D

Let me quote Shaggy: "it wasn't me", but please feel free to feel big.
mbwa shenzi

Postby surprises » Tue May 06, 2014 8:01 pm

mbwa shenzi wrote:Thank you for confirming that you have an agreement to recruit students to your online programs with an organisation affiliated with a university that has been declared illegal in Nigeria.

Thank you also for confirming that it is FAHL that Charisma University has agreement with to recruit students NOT those blacklisted universities :D. Is Charisma also blacklisted? NO! Your points are senseless brother :) :) :) :)

I forgot to inform you, are you aware that top national universities officers are students of Charisma University doctorate programs? Since you are from Nigeria, why not verify with NUC :) ? I know this for a fact because we also have students forum at Charisma University where we get to know each other :D .
surprises

Postby levicoff » Tue May 06, 2014 9:14 pm

I am wondering what happened to the many lawsuit threats these rip-off artists have been making on the Charisma threads. And why Rich still feels the need to interject comments that keep this thread going to a ridiculous 22 pages and counting.

Personally, I think that these guys should sue Rich. Not because I have anything against Rich (I don’t, especially since he’s a fellow Union grad), but being sued is a badge of honor. If you want to bust degree mills, it’s like having an extra validation of your work. Think about it… John Bear has been sued by degree mills (several times), George Gollin has been sued, and even I have been sued (and found it to be a delightful escapade, especially with the final results of that adventure). Rich is definitely a well-established authority on distance education. I think he deserves his own lawsuit so he can join the ranks of John, George, and me.

On another unrelated note, it occurred to me that it’s now almost 20 years since I left the wacky world of nontraditional higher education – the last edition of NIFI came out in 1995. I haven’t missed the field at all, and stay in touch with it simply for the sake of entertainment. One thing hasn’t changed – my notion that the greatest con artists always stick with their story, even when they are caught dead to rights. Like the bozos from Charisma.

As for Charisma, I’d like to think that they are the spawn of Satan, preaching a false gospel, and destined to burn in the eternal lake of fire and brimstone. But then, I like drama as much as comedy.

And this thread (along with the Muhammad Schmidt thread) has become an amalgamation of DLT and Vinny (I know, I shouldn’t bring up his name because he’s likely to make an appearance – which is fine, since it will add to the entertainment).
levicoff

Postby mbwa shenzi » Wed May 07, 2014 8:38 am

surprises wrote:And what makes you think Charisma University doesn't want to show this MOE recognition?

I think it's quite evident that you don't want to. I also think there's a reason for that.

surprises wrote:Charisma University should have not showed it to ASIC, ACE, ACBSP, and other Ministres of Education around the world. Shenzi,

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean: are you saying that you were recognized by the Turks & Caicos MOE before ASIC accredited you?

surprises wrote:I wish Charisma is aware you exist, they will show it to you OK :)

You are aware, and you probably won't.
mbwa shenzi

Postby worldtraveler » Wed May 07, 2014 2:11 pm

Hello Dr. mbwa shenzi,

Sir, you can view Charisma University's accreditation on the ASIC website. And you can also go to the ACE website to see Charisma University's membership as well as the ACBSP website to see that Charisma University is a "Candidate for Accreditation". I am confident that ACE or ACBSP would vouch for either recognition if you decided to call them. Both ACE and ACBSP has had the opportunity to review the MOE recognition from the Turks and Caicos Islands and I am confident that ACE and ACBSP would not have recognized them, if the MOE was bogus.

Charisma University's letter from the TCI MOE will not be released because it shows other confidential information, not for public dissemination. If you were to ask similar information from any academic institution in the United States, I am sure that you would receive similar responses. If you are experienced in academia, you should know what I am saying.
worldtraveler

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions