What's the accreditation status of Charisma University?

General discussions concerning institutions and degree programs.

Re: What's the accreditation status of Charisma University?

Postby Hungry Ghost » Sat May 03, 2014 5:35 pm

worldtraveler wrote:I know the game that you are playing here. Everyone who works in Cyber land, knows, that there are web crawlers out there going through the various websites, looking for key words, such as "Charisma University" and "Diploma Mill", to show some correlation between the two.

What's far more common is for small-business and online entrepeneurs to try to use discussion boards for their own advertising purposes. An individual will appear from nowhere and will ask about a particular product or service. And then more new names suddenly appear, posting glowing reports about how great the product is. And the web crawlers pick that up too, hopefully creating the impression of positive grass-roots opinion about the product.

I think that we are witnessing Charisma's owner trying to do that here.
Hungry Ghost

Postby Hungry Ghost » Sat May 03, 2014 5:41 pm

Is the American Academy of Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis Practitioners anything more than a website? It doesn't seem to have a great deal of web presence.
Hungry Ghost

Postby Hungry Ghost » Sat May 03, 2014 6:02 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Rich Douglas wrote:I'd like to know on what basis should this thing be considered to meet "GAAP" (Generally Accepted Accreditation Principles)? In what way does it present itself as equivalent to an accredited school in the U.S.? Here are the GAAP categories:

-- Accredited by an agency recognized as an institutional accreditor by CHEA
-- Accredited by an agency recognized as an institutional accreditor by the US Department of Education
-- Listed in the Commonwealth Universities Yearbook
-- Listed in the International Handbook of Universities
-- Listed in the World Education Series or the Countries Series (Australia NOOSR)

Where is Charisma in all of this? Nowhere. 'Nuff said.

What's the origin of that list?

I believe that the list originally come from the AACRAO. It's basically a list of the references that American universities most often use when they need to assess the institutional and academic legitimacy of unknown degree and credit providers.

As Rich correctly says, Charisma is unlikely to be widely recognized here in the States as a foreign equivalent of an accredited American university. I'm willing to bet that British universities wouldn't recognize it as a peer either, despite its currently boasting an address of convenience in a British dependent territory.
Hungry Ghost

Postby johann » Sat May 03, 2014 6:45 pm

Hungry Ghost wrote:Is the American Academy of Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis Practitioners anything more than a website? It doesn't seem to have a great deal of web presence.

I checked whois. AAPPP uses a privacy screen and is GoDaddy-registered. From the site, it appears that two of the AAPPP Directors listed may be on the faculty at Charisma. Also, one of these two Directors' names is exactly the same as the Chancellor's at Saint Ambrose. You could always ask those two gentlemen about AAPPP, I suppose. :)

Johann
johann

Postby mbwa shenzi » Sat May 03, 2014 6:58 pm

surprises wrote:Moreover, Charisma is not proud of this association, even though this association is not a bad one, and never even seen this until today.

Really? I must admit that you surprise me, surprises. And since you seem reluctant to answer my question about St Albert's College and Graduate School (parfois, le silence est la meilleure réponse), I will tell you what I think. St Albert's College and Graduate School and Saint Ambrose College were both members of the Catholic Theological Consortium (I see the web site is taken down now) as well as of AAPPP. The third institution, or whatever it is, GP4U is lead by someone who is on Charisma's list of faculty members, as are individuals from both the now defunct - following either a merger, a replacement or a human error - Saint Ambrose College and Saint Albert's College and Graduate School. Which raises the question of why you're not proud of this association.

Oh yes, I almost forgot: I see that Charisma now has an affiliation agreement with Saint Monica University in Cameroon. As I've said before, it might be properly recognised in Cameroon for all I know, but it's also incorporated in Honolulu. According to information on the SMU web site, it's in the process of seeking accreditation from ASIC, which SMU calls "an international accrediting body". I don't know if SMU still has an affiliation agreement with Concepts University College, you know, the UK school with which you had a three-week-and-never-executed - or whatever you called it - agreement.
Last edited by mbwa shenzi on Sat May 03, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jogoo la shamba hawiki mjini
mbwa shenzi

Postby johann » Sat May 03, 2014 7:04 pm

Hungry Ghost wrote:As Rich correctly says, Charisma is unlikely to be widely recognized here in the States as a foreign equivalent of an accredited American university. I'm willing to bet that British universities wouldn't recognize it as a peer either, despite its currently boasting an address of convenience in a British dependent territory.

I think you'd win that bet, HG. That's just my personal, layman's opinion, which I'm entitled to express. I'm currently checking to see what Canadian authorities have to say. It may be a while - but I'll let everyone here know the whole nine yards - either way.

Johann
johann

Postby surprises » Sun May 04, 2014 1:21 am

Johann, why have you to check with your Canadian authorities? I thought you know much about Charisma University? Oh, I got it, it is just unnecessary hatred you are expressing against Charisma. Let me advise you that as long as your Canadian authorities believe in international education and truly understand the meaning of Ministry of Education recognition, they will tell you that YES Charisma University is also acceptable in Canada. My fear is that you won't be honest to share the result you will receive from your Canadian authorities. I will be surprised to hear your Canadian authorities know nothing about ministry of education recognition. You totally understand what I mean :mrgreen:
surprises

Postby surprises » Sun May 04, 2014 1:29 am

Rich Douglass, I don't know what to say of you; you are a total confused person! So it has come to say that institution not listed by the IAU, Commonwealth, and World Education Series or the Countries Series should not be recognized? Let me publicly tell you that you know nothing in Higher Education! Are you not aware that the "Oregon for Degree Authorization" had said that IAU listing should not be trusted again since they are listing diploma mill schools as well? Please check with the Oregon degree authorization before washing your dirty linens in the public :D ! The Commonwealth association is optional and this is not mandatory OK. World Education Series or the Countries Series list whatever IAU lists. Now, we see how you judge legitimate schools. Small brain :D !
surprises

Postby surprises » Sun May 04, 2014 1:32 am

Shenzi, please feel free to buy St. Ambrose and St. Albert colleges, Charisma University is not interested. Thank you :D !
surprises

Postby surprises » Sun May 04, 2014 1:38 am

By the way Johann, did I forget to mention that we have few Canadian students in my class at Charisma University. These Canadian students have done their own check with the relevant Canadian authorities about Charisma University and happily enrolled at Charisma University. It is either you be honest to post the positive response you will receive from your Canadian authorities or you remain calm with your :evil: mind against Charisma University.
surprises

Postby surprises » Sun May 04, 2014 1:44 am

Hungry Ghost, thank you so much for advertising for Charisma University! You think I am the owner of Charisma University? Thank you for such assumption; it makes me feel BIG :D :D !
surprises

Postby Rich Douglas » Sun May 04, 2014 5:37 pm

Splendid. We have an operation unrecognized by any known educational authority in the world. One that has, it would appear, set up other dubious operations around it to give it some fake gravitas. What is different is the activity generated by someone with some unknown connection to it. Usually, these kinds of operations prefer to go without this much scrutiny--ignorance is their friend. In fact, once they become known--and their internet search profile becomes riddled with terms like "diploma mill," the usually change their name, "location," and website. We see some of that happening here, too.

I'm afraid saying "<blank> agency has taken our membership fee and they only accept accredited schools" isn't good enough.

There is no direct evidence that this operation is recognized as a university by any credible authority. The mill-speak of its one (yes, one) advocate on this very unmoderated board doesn't help its cause, nor does the other self-created relationships to fictional organizations.

I hold a PhD from Union Institute and University where I specialized in Nontraditional Higher Education. My dissertation was on the acceptability of college degrees based on the accreditation status of the issuing schools. I'm pretty comfortable with that.
Rich Douglas

Postby mbwa shenzi » Sun May 04, 2014 5:46 pm

worldtraveler wrote:And I bet ASIC accreditation had a lot to do with Charisma University receiving MOE.

I believe I asked worldtraveler earlier if this was something he assumed, or something he knew, but I never got any reply. I'll tell you what I think though, surprises and worldtraveler: I think you know ASIC accreditation had a lot to do with you receiving what it is you received from the Turks & Caicos MOE. I've asked you for a copy of the decision but that doesn't seem to be on top of your list of things to do.

@surprises

Mate, your posts are becoming increasingly confused:

good to hear that Charisma University is an institutional member of AAPPP! I don't see any bad thing with this association

Charisma is not proud of this association, even though this association is not a bad one, and never even seen this until today.
Jogoo la shamba hawiki mjini
mbwa shenzi

Postby surprises » Mon May 05, 2014 1:45 am

Rich Douglass, your Ph.D. education you had with Union institute was either not with sound curriculum or you gained no knowledge from it :) ! Even a child will tell you that a Ministry of Education recognized University/College is a recognized institution. You know what, I think I am wasting my time responding to an ignorant person like you :( . Don't think we shall bow for your Ph.D., not even when you don't know what studied :D.

HAVE A GOOD DAY "DR". RICH DOUGLASS!!!!!
surprises

Postby surprises » Mon May 05, 2014 2:18 am

Rich Douglass, your Ph.D. education you had with Union institute was either not with sound curriculum or you gained no knowledge from it :) ! Even a child will tell you that a Ministry of Education recognized University/College is a recognized institution. You know what, I think I am wasting my time responding to an ignorant person like you :( . Don't think we shall bow for your Ph.D., not even when you don't know what you studied :D.

HAVE A GOOD DAY "DR". RICH DOUGLASS!!!!!
surprises

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions