Re: Benefit of accredited high school diploma Online

General discussions concerning institutions and degree programs.

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:22 pm

adamahsdo wrote:You can get one of the biggest benefits of high school diploma that you ten times more likely a job
offered are, if you have an accredited high school diploma online, most employers will not examine the application, even if you can’t honestly say that you have reached your accredited high school diploma. When you have done your diploma so that candidate can be appointed on that position. Another advantage of an accredited high school diploma online holder, will be able to get his job done, A final advantage, a high school diploma, it is that you can more qualified to work for.

The benefits of accreditation is when the accrediting agency is recognized by Secretary of Education and CHEA.

Having accreditation from unrecognized accrediting agency such as Accreditation Council for Online Colleges and Schools, can hurt a person and the value of the diploma is low.
Usually Police academy, Armed forces, and colleges require or give high preference to graduates from high schools with recognized accreditation.
Example for recognized accreditation is SACS and CASI, DETC etc.

GED from a State is better then High School diploma with unrecognized accreditation.

The poster is a new member and this is their first post/advertisement.

List of unrecognized higher education accreditation organizations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_un ... r_learning

Maybe the diploma from this school is better then noting.
Eric

"The best social program is a good job,"
President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:43 pm

Through Edward’s high school online equivalency test, you can also become eligible to earn a high school diploma. Through this test, we will assess your knowledge and aptitude for a high school diploma and if you pass the test with a score 70 or better, you are eligible to earn a high school diploma. This test comprises of 4 areas of knowledge including Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies.

This is very similar to the High school run by diploma mill St Regis.

People who purchased after passing some test on line the diploma are all listed on the internet as holding diploma mill HS diploma.

When Saint Regis case went to court, the records are with Justice Department.

So no , not better then noting actually can hurt reputation badly.
Eric

President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby msganti » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:26 pm

Straight from their FAQ page:
http://www.edwardhighschool.com/faq.aspx
Offers accredited high school diplomas truly on the basis of online equivalency test

That shouts one word...SCAM!!!
Fully accredited by the
International Council for Private Online Schools (ICPOS)
International Distance Learning Association for Schools and Colleges (IDLASC) .

Never heard of those - and definitely not 'accredited" accrediting agencies - another sign of SCAM!!!
24,000 students have graduated from Edward High School so far.

So, I know now that there are at least 24, 000 thieves/stupids/morons in this world!!! :lol:

Now....what are the mods waiting for??? :?:
msganti

Postby learningportals » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:53 am

Nice and helpful information shared about online education..thanks for sharing.
learningportals

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:29 am

Yes, plenty of High School diploma mills
Eric

President Ronald Reagan
Eric

Postby johann » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:08 pm

msganti wrote:Now....what are the mods waiting for???

As might (or might not) have been said many years ago, in a classic movie: "Mods? We ain't got no mods. We don't need no mods! I don't have to show you any mods! Ahora, buenos días y un cariñoso saludo a su abuela, distinguido Señor." :)

Returning now to reality, Msganti, I agree with you completely. But -- since I don't think we're going to see any action against these imbecilic, crooked high-school-hucksters, there's a made-up Latin motto that we might use against them here: Noli beluam pascere - don't feed the troll.

Yep - made up. It's fairly OK Latin, I think - posted it in a forum, didn't I? :mrgreen:

Johann
johann

Postby nosborne48 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:04 pm

What's really unfortunate is that the various State Departments of Education make available all sorts of programs and support for adults to either earn genuine High School diplomas or GED diplomas and most of these programs are either free or available for only nominal fees. There is NO NEED to deal with scam artists.

Unless, of course, one is a scam artist oneself...
Una cosa mala nunca muere.
nosborne48

Postby johann » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:11 am

The same applies here in Canada. There are free ways for adults to complete legit. High School or GED. Often, programs will pay the adult student a living allowance while attending (free) classes.

There are some scammers, but naturally, not as many as in the U.S. Unfortunately, such scammers here are often subsidiaries of American companies, perpetuating the bad ways of the parent organization. :(

Johann
johann

Postby nosborne48 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:36 pm

Funny, isn't it? We here at DD tend to assume that EVERYONE has a H.S. diploma and that the credential is essentially worthless through dilution of requirements and such.

But it isn't true. A substantial fraction of students don't complete their H.S. programs until much later in their lives, if ever.

And the economic value of the diploma is substantial.

http://www.all4ed.org/files/HighCost.pdf
nosborne48

Postby johann » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:20 pm

nosborne48 wrote:And the economic value of the diploma is substantial.

Yes it is... or so I believe from observation, anyway. What I'd like to see is the difference in income and employment for YOUNG HS grads and non-grads, say those within the first five or seven years of grad. or drop-out. I'd bet those stats would be even more compelling! (This is just about HS - so we'd leave out the college-bound.)

Johann
johann

H.S. Certificate of Completion

Postby nosborne48 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:46 pm

What with the various and ever-increasing legal requirements for the grant of a High School diploma, some school districts have been driven to create an alternate "award" for those students who manage to do the coursework but fail the exams or are in some other way deficient; the Certificate of Completion.

The idea is generally regarded as new but I don't think so; author Betty MacDonald wrote in 1945 that her daughter was threatened with a Certificate rather that a diploma unless she "buckles down and WORKS".

Forty years ago, when I finished High School, I didn't know there was such a thing as a Certificate; you either graduated or you flunked out. But since Betty MacDonald's child and I were both products of the Washington State public school system, albeit 25 years apart, I daresay the thing existed.
nosborne48

Postby msganti » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:39 pm

"National External Diploma Program (NEDP)" - this seems to be a very promising alternative to traditional high school.
http://www2.casas.org/home/?fuseaction=nedp.welcome

Not yet widely available, but very promising.
msganti

Postby nosborne48 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:34 pm

Yes, it is a promising alternative. I think that just a few states have signed on as of now but the program looks good and I expect it to grow.

I am a bit unclear in my own mind as to whether earning the NEDP Diploma instead of the GED Diploma will be sufficiently advantageous to justify the extra effort but we'll see. Everywhere I've encountered a requirement for an H.S. diploma, the GED has been accepted as meeting that requirement with the sole exception that military recruiting rules give some preference to the H.S. graduate.
nosborne48

Postby msganti » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Rickeyhendric seems to have a dual mind. See the content of his post, and his signature :D
msganti

Postby learningportals » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:43 am

Thanks for sharing the benefit of online diploma...online education is really helpful for those who don't have time to attend regular classes.
learningportals

Next

Return to General Discussions