California South University

General discussions concerning institutions and degree programs.

Postby Tireman4 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 pm

This is a new one.

http://www.calsuni.com/
Michael Mitchell
BA-History-North Carolina Wesleyan College
MA-History-North Carolina Central University
PhD-History(Ongoing)-University of South Africa (2012)
Tireman4

Re: California South University

Postby Arnold Strong » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:51 am

Seems pretty legit.
Arnold Strong

Postby John Bear » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:57 am

Arnold: "Seems pretty legit"

John: Yeah, sure. Here's the response I got when I asked for information about getting a doctorate. Looks like it will take all of 48 hours to get. And if I don't want to submit my resume, or a thesis, then the third option provides the degree with no work required. Thank you, Annie Danny.

Greetings!
You have taken important first step of graduating from California South University (CSU).My name is ANNIE DANNY and I am a student councilor at CSU. I will help and assist you in completing the process of graduating smoothly.

There are two methods to graduate for a degree:

1. By Life/work experience:
Click below to complete evaluation. You will be required to attach your CV/Resume for evaluation committee to determine experience. Or a Thesis for a doctorate degree.
Apply for FREE evaluation http://www.calsuni.com/evaluate.php.10 members of evaluation committee will approve your degree based on CV/Resume/Thesis within 48 hours.

OR

2. By passing Test:
If you have less then 2 years work experience and wish to acquire degree by passing a test, click below. Pas! s marks are 70%. However you can take this test as many times.
Take FREE test http://www.calsuni.com/test.php

OR

Go to http://calsuni.com/order.php and complete your order without evaluation.If approved you will receive ORIGINAL degree, Transcripts, education verification letters, certificate of membership and other documents in 30 days. Payment can be made by any major credit card.But if you need other methods of payments like Western Union, Bank wire or money order,email me or accounts@calsuni.com for details.

For any queries, call at 1-949-954-7464 (USA) and speak to STUDENT COUNCILOR or you can also contact me by email annie@calsuni.com. Most of questions are also answered at http://www.calsu! ni.com/f aqs.php.

Looking forward to serving you,

Best regards,
Annie Danny
Student councilor,

Postby Earl » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:30 am

Annie Danny wrote:Go to http://calsuni.com/order.php and complete your order without evaluation.

Does CSU offer the option to "Go Large" or "Supersize" the order? :shock:
Earl

Postby Rich Douglas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:07 pm

If you can't trust a student "councilor," who can you trust?
Rich Douglas

Postby nosborne48 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:27 pm

FORTY-EIGHT HOURS!?!

In this day and age, who has that kind of time? When I need a doctorate, I needed it yesterday, okay? Where's the service?
Una cosa mala nunca muere.
nosborne48

Postby Hungry Ghost » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:20 am

Tireman4 wrote:This is a new one.

http://www.calsuni.com/

Its website is filled with the initials 'CSU'. If 'California South University' was really located in California, then it would be violating state law. Section 89005.5 of the California Education Code makes the initials 'CSU' the property of the state and reserves them for use by the California State University.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displ ... 9000-89011

But oddly, apart from the thing's name, no information is provided about where it's physically located. Even the 'contact' page is an internet form, without any mailing address.

WHOIS shows that both the "university's" and its fake "acreditor's" websites are registered to a Zahid Saeed Yazdanie in Rawalpindi, Pakistan.

California, Pakistan, yeah I can see the resemblance. Anyone could get them confused. Southern California bikini-clad beach babes would feel right at home among the Taliban in the NW Frontier.
Hungry Ghost

Postby poodle78 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:42 am

Hungry Ghost wrote:California, Pakistan, yeah I can see the resemblance. Anyone could get them confused. Southern California bikini-clad beach babes would feel right at home among the Taliban in the NW Frontier.

Don't the swallows come back to Pakistano every year?
poodle78

Postby John Bear » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:53 am

Pakistano. That's funny.

Since my inquiry, I have been getting an email every 2 or three days, each from a different "councillor." No more Annie Danny (or her sister Frannie). Here's today's. The voice on their answering machine seems to confirm what David's writing and punctuation style suggest: they are actually on a different planet.
=================
My name is David and I am student councilor .I appreciate your interest in "California South University" (CSU) degree programmes .We offer degrees based on life experience and/or an on line test .Evaluation and test are free ,and you can take test as many times. Pl go to www.calsuni.com/evaluate.php for a free evaluation.

CSU is USA accredited by www.eacoa.org and all degrees are recognized worldwide .We also offer "Apostille and embassy legalization service" after the award of degree .You can contact me if you need this service.

We do offer life time Free education verification service ,where we verify educational credentials of graduates to any organization/institution authorized by the student.

I am looking forward of serving you .We have more then 74000 graduates since 1991 , who have achieved life time goals of better jobs and advancement in careers by obtaining life experience degrees from CSU. You can too become a graduate student from one of the prestigious and worldwide accepted university of USA .Take you first step by clicking www.calsuni.com/order.php.

David Carter
Student Councilor
www.calsuni.com
david@calsuni.com
1-949-954-7464
14731 Comet St ,Irvine,CA 92604 USA
============================================
John Bear

Postby Hungry Ghost » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:18 pm

John Bear wrote:David Carter
Student Councilor
http://www.calsuni.com
david@calsuni.com
1-949-954-7464
14731 Comet St ,Irvine,CA 92604 USA

The Comet Street address is new information. It appears to be a private residence. California South appears to be using a cell-phone number located in the same area. Maybe the perpetrator really is located here in California after all, a Pakistani immigrant or (just conceivably) a foreign student at UCI trying to make a few extra bucks with his computer.

If this individual really is a California resident, then he's already in violation of California state law. He's also going to have to be making his application to the new BPPE soon, when the procedure is finalized. Something like this (fake accreditor, instant life-experience degrees) has zero chance of being approved.

If he's claiming that he has 74,000 graduates and to have been in business in California since 1991, then those appear to me to be boasts of criminal activity since this thing was not California approved prior to the BPPVE's ceasing operations. His only hope of avoiding (temporarily) the state approval laws is if California South began its operations during the unregulated interregnum.
Hungry Ghost

Postby Earl » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:01 pm

Hungry Ghost wrote:[The Comet Street address is new information. It appears to be a private residence.

Even though it appears to be a private residence, CSU probably has its very own 10' X 12' room on the back side of the dwelling--complete with fax, copier, answering machine and printer. What more does a university need?

Earl

Postby SteveFoerster » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:41 pm

Earl wrote:Even though it appears to be a private residence, CSU probably has its very own 10' X 12' room on the back side of the dwelling--complete with fax, copier, answering machine and printer. What more does a university need?

Credible faculty members who have sufficient technical proficiency to use the Internet to cooperate effectively. And I'd want a lockable filing cabinet for paper records as a last ditch backup for electronic ones. And it would probably need the ability to rent larger facilities for special occasions, like commencement.

But if they're the right people, then that's about it.

Seriously.

-=Steve=-
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
PhD in Leadership, U. of the Cumberlands (in progress)
More about me at my site
SteveFoerster

Postby Anthony Pina » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:52 pm

"CSU is USA accredited by www.eacoa.org" Decent website for an accreditation mill.

The degree list for California South is identical to that of Corllins University and the websites are formatted using the same basic template. These entities are undoubtedly the product of the same individual(s).
Anthony Piña, Ed.D.
Dean of Online Studies
Anthony Pina

Postby Jimmy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:45 am

Rich Douglas wrote:If you can't trust a student "councilor," who can you trust?

A councilor might ask "who can you trust?" while a counselor might ask "whom can you trust?" Sorry, Rich, just couldn't resist. :wink: :wink:
Jimmy

The Hunger Site
Jimmy

Postby Dale Hill » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:58 pm

Their website says the following about accreditation:

"California South University became one of the few online universities that are providing fully accredited higher education. Passing the EACOA’s accreditation program was not a difficult task and it was the impressive curriculum that made EACOA select California South University as an accredited institution."

This must be a big feather in their cap.
Dale Hill

Next

Return to General Discussions