In Memoriam Uncle Janko

General discussions concerning institutions and degree programs.

Big Uncle J

Postby Big Distance » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:47 pm

People say "Big D! You're an old school party rapper
You really best stay away when something serious happen"
But I'm here in the house and I've got something to say
About the man, the myth, the legend: Big Uncle J

Blasting millists with a chill that was cold as ice
Truer Zulu Kremlinologist than Condi Rice
Rolling throwing down millists like they pairs of dice -
J could call out the wrong in every world language twice

I said I'm here in the house, and I've got something to say
About the man, the myth, the legend: Big Uncle J

"This, too, is distance learning," Uncle J would say
And now we learn from the master, gone that cold fateful day:
Don't buy or sell no indulgences nor milled degrees
Or Janko'll rise up back and nail you with his DL theses
Do well. Do good. J always done and shown how you could
Don't be scared of no death! J knew JC paid his debt
Now like H-Ghost roaming Earth always trying to eat
In the distance learning battle J won't take no defeat
Now Distance Learning's guardian angel, he'll never die -
Millists won't get away with a fake Junior High

'Cause I'm here in the house and I've got something to say
About the man, the myth, the legend: Big Uncle J.
Big Distance
New Member
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:42 am

Re: In Memoriam Uncle Janko

Postby PatsFan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:56 pm

Nice tribute, Big D. Just one question though:

Now like H-Ghost roaming Earth always trying to eat ??
BA, Nyack College
MAR, Eastern Nazarene College
MSW, University of Connecticut
D.Min, Ashland Theological Seminary
PatsFan
Senior Member
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: In Memoriam Uncle Janko

Postby Big Distance » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:10 pm

P-Fan! Check the Wiki "hungry ghost", yo.
Big Distance
New Member
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:42 am

Re: Big Uncle J

Postby Abner » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:46 am

Big Distance wrote:People say "Big D! You're an old school party rapper
You really best stay away when something serious happen"
But I'm here in the house and I've got something to say
About the man, the myth, the legend: Big Uncle J

Blasting millists with a chill that was cold as ice
Truer Zulu Kremlinologist than Condi Rice
Rolling throwing down millists like they pairs of dice -
J could call out the wrong in every world language twice

I said I'm here in the house, and I've got something to say
About the man, the myth, the legend: Big Uncle J

"This, too, is distance learning," Uncle J would say
And now we learn from the master, gone that cold fateful day:
Don't buy or sell no indulgences nor milled degrees
Or Janko'll rise up back and nail you with his DL theses
Do well. Do good. J always done and shown how you could
Don't be scared of no death! J knew JC paid his debt
Now like H-Ghost roaming Earth always trying to eat
In the distance learning battle J won't take no defeat
Now Distance Learning's guardian angel, he'll never die -
Millists won't get away with a fake Junior High

'Cause I'm here in the house and I've got something to say
About the man, the myth, the legend: Big Uncle J.



Good job Big D!

Abner :)
Abner
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:47 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: In Memoriam Uncle Janko

Postby PatsFan » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:06 am

PatsFan wrote:Nice tribute, Big D. Just one question though:

Now like H-Ghost roaming Earth always trying to eat ??


I get it. See you around.

Tom
BA, Nyack College
MAR, Eastern Nazarene College
MSW, University of Connecticut
D.Min, Ashland Theological Seminary
PatsFan
Senior Member
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Reality Check...

Postby levicoff » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:21 am

Okay, am I the only one here who thinks that Big Distance's rap is bullshit? And that virtually every message he (or she) has posted is bullshit? :lol:

Notwithstanding that I have alway considered the term rap music to be an oxymoron (fostered by pseudo poets who can't carry a tune), and while I acknowledge that ebonics can be an art form (at least when in the hands of a Langston Hughes or Alice Walker), Big D's body of work here is, quite simply, crap.

By the way, as a Philly-born guy, I've got to mention that the expression Yo has been around since we perfected the art of tieing old sneakers together and throwing them over electric lines - the ultimate in street decor. Even Sly Stallone immortalized the word long before the rappers.

Um, word.
levicoff
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Somewhere in a truck

Re: Reality Check...

Postby Big Distance » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:08 pm

Don't go hating.
Big Distance
New Member
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:42 am

Re: In Memoriam Uncle Janko

Postby Bill » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:16 pm

In respect to Janko, my virtual friend, I urge us all, in this thread dedicated to him, to keep him the focus. Much appreciated, thanks!

Do you Janko, the eloquent linguist, speak yet in the words of angels?
Bill Grover
Faculty, http://www.satsonline.org
BA,(Bible),ThB -1966, SCTS
MA (Religion)- 1968, PL Naz Uni
Tea Creds USD (Lang Arts)-1969/OSU (Spec Ed)1978
MDiv (Equiv)-1992 and ThM (Biblical Studies)-1994, Western Seminary
D.Th. (Theology)-2005 Unizul
Bill
Senior Member
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:48 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Reality Check...

Postby Jimmy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:31 pm

levicoff wrote:....I've got to mention that the expression Yo has been around since we perfected the art of tieing old sneakers together and throwing them over electric lines...Even Sly Stallone immortalized the word long before the rappers.


Actually immortalized in 1964 by Goober Pyle who said "Yo" several times in an Andy Griffith episode ("Fun Girls"). Gomer explained that Goober learned the word while serving in the National Guard.
Jimmy
___________________
Rev. James W. Clifton
Pastor, St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church

The Hunger Site
Jimmy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5996
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:11 pm

Re: Reality Check...

Postby Abner » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:23 am

levicoff wrote:Okay, am I the only one here who thinks that Big Distance's rap is bullshit? And that virtually every message he (or she) has posted is bullshit? :lol:

Notwithstanding that I have alway considered the term rap music to be an oxymoron (fostered by pseudo poets who can't carry a tune), and while I acknowledge that ebonics can be an art form (at least when in the hands of a Langston Hughes or Alice Walker), Big D's body of work here is, quite simply, crap.

By the way, as a Philly-born guy, I've got to mention that the expression Yo has been around since we perfected the art of tieing old sneakers together and throwing them over electric lines - the ultimate in street decor. Even Sly Stallone immortalized the word long before the rappers.

Um, word.


Don't be a player hater Steve!

Here is something that should be to your liking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf2FFirkYXU




Abner 8)
Abner
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:47 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: In Memoriam Uncle Janko

Postby Dave Wagner » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:34 am

Wow, I'm stunned! Unk will be missed...
Get More Dave Wagner, PhD: http://mbafaq.blogspot.com
Dave Wagner
Senior Member
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: Silicon Valley, California, USA

Re: In Memoriam Uncle Janko

Postby levicoff » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:31 pm

Janko died? I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you! Absolutely shocked! I just can't over the, um, shock.
levicoff
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Somewhere in a truck

Re: In Memoriam Uncle Janko

Postby ZURICH » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:20 am

RIP Uncle!

You did not like our institution, but you were courageous, opiniated and had a great deal of knowledge of the European countries, culture, languages and history.. We will miss you.

On this holy day of Easter, I prayed for you as I get the sad news today through degreediscussion.com.

"La Revedere" Uncle as you spoke Romanian, with my predecessor...
ZURICH
New Member
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:01 am
Location: France

Re: SoCal sunburn!

Postby g-gollin » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:08 pm

GreggyD wrote:Do I dare to eat a peach?
Nah, I'm looking for MEAT LOAF!!!

BURN it and I'll be sad,
BURN it and I'll be mad,
BURN it and feed it to my Dad,
BURN it and I'll bring it back to my pad.

ALL of my personalities rejoice in my pathology!


I wish Janko had been around to see the cluster-foo that was the St. Goat School of Phrenology, a pagaille milled by Mr. Carp and his uncooperative Mr. Chilipepper.
g-gollin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2007
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:03 am
Location: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Re: In Memoriam Uncle Janko

Postby Russ Veldman » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:16 pm

For those interested, from http://www.blitzkriegpublishing.com/199 ... otices.htm :

WEAVER-HUDSON PASTOR JOHN WEAVER-HUDSON PASTOR WEAVER-HUDSON PASTOR HUDSON Born on August 10, 1958 in Detroit to Louis Hudson and his wife, Kathleen (nee Weaver). He was adopted into the family of God by the washing of holy baptism on December 10, 1969. John was an avid student all of his life. He attended elementary and secondary schools in Oak Park and Birmingham. He received a B.A. in German and Religion from Oberlin College in 1979, an M. Div. from the seminary program at Earlham School of Religion in Richmond, Ind. in 1984, an M.A. in classical languages from Loyola University in 1996 and a Doctor of Theology Degree from the University of Zululand in South Africa in 2008. After his graduation from the seminary in 1984, he served as Pastor at UCC Congregational and Baptist churches in Ohio and Illinois. For confessional reasons, he applied for and was accepted by colloquy into the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod in 2001. As part of the colloquy process, he attended a semester at Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary in Mequon, Wis. and also served as vicar/pastoral assistant at Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church in Milwaukee, Wis. and at St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church in Livonia. In 2002, the Lord called him to serve as pastor of Hope Evangelical Lutheran Church of Hartford, where he served faithfully for the rest of his days. On Tuesday, January 27, 2009, the Lord in his wisdom and love took the soul of Pastor Weaver-Hudson from this vale of tears to himself in heaven. He is survived by his parents. His time on earth was 50 years, 5 months and 17 days. The Christian funeral service to honor Pastor Weaver-Hudson's life will take place at 1 p.m.; Monday, February 2 at the Hope Evangelical Lutheran Church, 205 Bennett Avenue, Hartford. Pastor Paul S. Naumann will serve as officiant. His remains will be interred at Grandlawn Cemetery in Detroit, where they wait for the sure and certain resurrection to eternal life in Christ. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations in John's name be made to the Hope Evangelical Lutheran Church. The family has entrusted the Calvin Funeral Home, Hartford, with handling the arrangements. CALVIN FUNERAL HOME, 8 East Main Street; P.O. Box 96, Hartford, Michigan 49057.
Russ Veldman
M.Div., Asbury Theological Seminary
Russ Veldman
New Member
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: Indiana

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron