HELLO LEVICOFF/DOUGLAS-CSU has been REGIONALLY ACCREDITED!

General discussions concerning institutions and degree programs.

HELLO LEVICOFF/DOUGLAS-CSU has been REGIONALLY ACCREDITED!

Postby vinny123 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:09 am

Dear Levi and Douglas, Hungry Ghosts and other sycophants of these two gentlemen,

With all your aspersions and put downs of California Southern University and your personal attacks against me spanning several years for defending the credibility of this school's academic standards and value, California Southern University did NOT receive Candidacy Status from WASC BUT attained FULL REGIONAL ACCREDITATION, just as I predicted!

So with your unrelenting vitriolic attacks and spurious arguments against this school and me for defending it, you were not only proven to be grossly incorrect but have demonstrated to other posters how cautious they must be when certain posters use their "doctorates" :roll: in a fallacious attempt to bolster the perception of their opinions regarding which schools are in others' best interests and those which are not. As we can clearly observe with CSU, this is obviously not the case :roll:
Vinny
vinny123

Re: HELLO LEVICOFF/DOUGLAS-CSU has been REGIONALLY ACCREDITE

Postby Oregon » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:19 pm

So the old SCUPS is regionally accredited. As Douglas has been wrong about everything else, don't expect any acknowledgement.
Oregon

Postby Rich Douglas » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:32 pm

Okay, I'll bite. This has what to do with me?

I've been critical of this school's behavior as SCUPS, and I've routinely countered over-statements by some regarding the efficacy of national accreditation, but what does its accreditation by WASC have to do with me? Oh, and please cite specific examples, with quotes. The above two posts are just unspecific smears.

I'd like to see where I ever said that this school would not be accredited by WASC, or anything else I've been wrong about regarding it. Again, please be specific and use quotes.

Looking forward to it!
Rich Douglas

Postby Rich Douglas » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:37 pm

<crickets>
Rich Douglas

Postby Oregon » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:33 pm

YYYYyyyyaaaaawwwwn! Full of it Douglas.
Oregon

Postby Rich Douglas » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:24 pm

Oregon wrote:YYYYyyyyaaaaawwwwn! Full of it Douglas.

As I thought. Nothing.

Let me know when you have two doctorates, including one in the field that is the subject of this board.
Rich Douglas

Postby Peter French » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:49 am

Wow! ... some things never change.

NationsU has got DEAC accreditation ... at last a very well deserved.
Peter French
[Adequately qualified academically and professionally in Accounting, Education, Engineering & Law]
Adelaide Plains South Australia
Peter French

Postby Rich Douglas » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:11 am

Oregon and Vinny: I continue to encourage you to quote me on anything I've ever said that indicated that Cal Southern would not achieve RA. (I also never said they would. I couldn't care less.)

Personally, I think it's great that a DEAC-accredited school gets RA. I also think its great whenever WASC loosens up to make that happen.

As for the school French mentions, meh. Good for them; I couldn't care less. Of course, there are others who do, so good for them, too.
Rich Douglas

Postby vinny123 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:23 pm

[quote="Rich Douglas"]Oregon and Vinny: I continue to encourage you to quote me on anything I've ever said that indicated that Cal Southern would not achieve RA. (I also never said they would. I couldn't care less.)

VINNY: Douglas, the fact is that your biased and grossly distorted negative digs and inferences against CSU, and erroneous predictions, were clearly expressed against this school, as evidenced in the following (couple) of direct quotes (there are many others), as follows:

1) Direct Quote from Douglas:

"CSU is SCUPS, and SCUPS did some deceptive things" (Topic Title, "WASC scheduled a site visit to CSU", 5/17/13)

And another:

2) "CSU is DETC accredited. A leap from there to RA is extremely rare" ("Wasc scheduled a site visit to CSU", 5/17/13).

And still another:

3) "On another note, CSU wasn't involved with SCUPS. It was SCUPS for whatever that's worth" (Quote from Topic, "IUGS or CSU? Would appreciate feedback",
2/27/14).

These comments contrast with my prediction, noted below, which proved extremely accurate but which YOU and your pundit pals Levicoff, Hungry Ghost, Nosborne and several others contested in the most contentious and hostile manner and were once again proven grossly incorrect, just as you were regarding your vehement initial defense of the value of a doctorate from MIGS and your erroneous prediction that NCU would not attain regional accreditation.

DIRECT QUOTE FROM VINNY (Topic, "WASC scheduled a site visit to CSU in December -5/18/13):

"The fact that Dr. Hecht has a history of success in taking a school, NCU, a 100% online distance degree program, from its nascence to a level of sophisticated readiness, to attain regional accreditation, is relevant and very significant, resulting in my impression that CSU has a good "shot" of achieving their current goal".

I suggest that any poster who wishes to waste their time pouring over the numerous topics and posts in which Douglas and 'friends" pummeled DETC degree programs such as CSU, either through not so subtle devaluing inferences, as noted above or direct hostile comments regarding its association with SCUPS, be my guest and you will find numerous such posts on this forum by Levicoff, Hungry Ghost, Nosborne and others.

POSTERS, in the meantime, PLEASE do not make critical educational decisions based on ANY poster who claims that their "doctorate" gives them an edge in determining what is in your best interests. ONLY you can make that decision based on a comprehensive exploration of the facts, hopefully leading to an INFORMED DECISION that meets your needs, NOT what any pundits think what is in your best interests.

Sorry Douglas, your batting average remains what it was, ZERO! :roll:
Vinny
vinny123

Postby Rich Douglas » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:42 pm

Thank you, Vinny. Your post and the quotes it provides proves my point. Everything you quote me as saying is 100% true.

I'm not sure why you put the term 'doctorate' in quotes as it refers to me. Are you implying that my PhD from UI&U isn't real, true, or something else? Alternately, are you implying something along those lines about my other doctorate from the U. Of Leicester?

Or are you just being petty?
Rich Douglas

Postby vinny123 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:54 pm

DOUGLAS: Thank you, Vinny. Your post and the quotes it provides proves my point. Everything you quote me as saying is 100% true.

VINNY: Thank YOU Douglas for your admission. Not only are these quotes 100% true BUT reveal a pettiness and not so subtle attempt to devalue CSU by constantly alluding to its association with SCUPS, when in fact CSU was completely restructured academically and programmatically and was not in any way related in form or substance to SCUPS (with the exception of having Dr. Hecht at the helm).

DOUGLAS: I'm not sure why you put the term 'doctorate' in quotes as it refers to me. Are you implying that my PhD from UI&U isn't real, true, or something else?

VINNY: Oh its real alright BUT...............??????????? :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:

DOUGLAS: Alternately, are you implying something along those lines about my other doctorate from the U. Of Leicester?

VINNY: Not at all. Just pointing out that regardless of your academic credentials you, Levi and friends have been 100% wrong in your predictions, as noted in my previous post.

Douglas: Or are you just being petty?

VINNY: Oh no Douglas, in that regard, you hold the title! :wink:
Vinny
vinny123

Postby Peter French » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:06 pm

Vinny, let him keep the title :D

Don't upset his ego or his misplaced sense of superiority or he just might come back an start annoying everyone again :roll:
Peter French
[Adequately qualified academically and professionally in Accounting, Education, Engineering & Law]
Adelaide Plains South Australia
Peter French

Postby Rich Douglas » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:48 pm

Let's see, Peter French, Vinny123, and Oregon.

Nope. All good.
Rich Douglas

Postby Rich Douglas » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:11 pm

Vinny123 is quite right in pointing out that I've made mistakes in my 17 years of posting about this subject. Let's take a look at the three he wants to make a case for.

MIGS: Yup. Dead-on, Vinny. No doubt. That was 15 years ago.

Northcentral: Not quite. What I said back then was that they wouldn't get RA without introducing residency requirements for their doctoral programs. (Only one school in the U.S. was RA and had a nonresidential doctorate, and that accreditation was a 'backdoor mistake.' I was wrong; the HEC accredited them without requiring the residencies. (I never said they wouldn't get accredited, just that they would have to put residencies in their doctorates. It's different.)

I never said California Southern wouldn't get accredited. And since their webpage makes it clear that CSU and SCUPS are the same school, the hairs he wishes to split are, in fact, not there at all:

"The University was established in California on December 27, 1978 under the name of Southern California University for Professional Studies (SCUps) as a traditional correspondence school." http://www.calsouthern.edu/about-us/history/

Now, I can absolutely guarantee I've made other mistakes, despite Vinny's lack of math skills. (Two mistakes he points out, so far, out of more than 20,000 posts on many boards. That makes my percentage something like 99.99%.)

I'll let his pathetic attempt to denigrate my academic accomplishments stand on its own. I knew he would't have the guts to back up his childish taunt.
Rich Douglas

Postby vinny123 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:59 pm

DOUGLAS: Vinny123 is quite right in pointing out that I've made mistakes in my 17 years of posting about this subject. Let's take a look at the three he wants to make a case for.

VINNY: Thank you. However, Douglas, there are many other mistakes that are too many to mention and that I don't have the time now to recount. :roll:

DOUGLAS: MIGS: Yup. Dead-on, Vinny. No doubt. That was 15 years ago.

VINNY: Yup, but you initially and vehemently fought with other posters who immediately saw through the spurious nature of the degree program you were supporting and defending so intently.

DOUGLAS: Northcentral: Not quite. What I said back then was that they wouldn't get RA without introducing residency requirements for their doctoral programs. (Only one school in the U.S. was RA and had a nonresidential doctorate, and that accreditation was a 'backdoor mistake.' I was wrong; the HEC accredited them without requiring the residencies. (I never said they wouldn't get accredited, just that they would have to put residencies in their doctorates. It's different.)

VINNY: Yup, wrong again.

DOUGLAS: I never said California Southern wouldn't get accredited. And since their webpage makes it clear that CSU and SCUPS are the same school, the hairs he wishes to split are, in fact, not there at all:

"The University was established in California on December 27, 1978 under the name of Southern California University for Professional Studies (SCUps) as a traditional correspondence school." http://www.calsouthern.edu/about-us/history/

VINNY: The fact that you constantly and consistently referred to CSU's relationship to SCUPS in a negative/denigrating manner, per the examples I provided, by referring to SCUPS engaging in" deceptive things", is in no way similar to CSU's straightforward indication on their website citing their historical evolution from SCUPS.

DOUGLAS: Now, I can absolutely guarantee I've made other mistakes, despite Vinny's lack of math skills. (Two mistakes he points out, so far, out of more than 20,000 posts on many boards. That makes my percentage something like 99.99%.)

VINNY: 99.99% percentage of accuracy? Poppycock! This kind of revisionism is termed "wishful thinking".

You have adamantly and relentlessly argued inaccurately, from every orifice, regarding issues you have absolutely no understanding about such as discussions regarding licensure and practice with a doctorate in Psychology. Even when facts were presented to you regarding this and a number of other topics you continued to engage in spurious and pointless arguments but from an egocentric and fallacious mindset intimating that "I can't be wrong because I possess a doctorate and YOU don't!".

DOUGLAS: I'll let his pathetic attempt to denigrate my academic accomplishments stand on its own. I knew he would't have the guts to back up his childish taunt.

VINNY: ALL any poster has to do, if they wish to waste their time, is to review the myriad discussions that Douglas has engaged in with me (and others), to observe how when he begins to lose ground, which was practically in all of our "debates", he based his being correct on his Union "Doctorate", not on substantive facts.

Douglas, your modus operandi is transparent so lets agree on the accurate mathematics that you are correct perhaps 25% of the time. And I'm being generous because I don't want you to think that we don't believe you. :wink:
Vinny
vinny123

Next

Return to General Discussions